What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philippines Sagada

F

free_gardener

Hey Mustafunk, just to make it clear, my usual pseudo in other forums is Rahan but it was already registered here at ICMAG :) That's the internet mess !

And my memory is really bad if Dubi has not grown them lolol That's not a good news for the Sagada however, if I'm the only source for them. All in all, there are only 100 seeds left.

Anyway, looking forward to your grow and crossing the fingers for being able to see a reproduction of it !

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hey man, I used to read your posts as John Public here too! Anyway I'm happy to see you around ICMAG too my friend... as I've told you the other day, I hope we will get some success with this beauties. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I'm sure we will find the way to make a fresh seed run and help to preserve the line. It's a shame that seeds were so old and most of them remained lazy to sprout but it's how it is with this kind of lines! We better get used to it! :(

I'm updating with some fresh pictures from today for everybody to see:

The three amigos:
picture.php

Seedlings are getting bigger!
picture.php

Nice leaves they have, lime green and slender.
picture.php

The weird one... the weak seedling showing some strange leaves.
picture.php

More pics will come soon.

Vibes all!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Big respect to both Rahan and Mustafunk for your work with preservation. :good:

Will be interesting to see how the plants turn out. Best of luck!

F

free_gardener

Nice !

When it will be enough strong, maybe you could try to prune the weird one. Sometimes, the leaf anormality is due to mutation in the main meristem in the seed. Pruning allow secondary meristems to express and may conduct to normal development of secondary branches, if those secondary meristems have not been impacted.

These seeds are likely to have such problems as they have been stored in fridge for a long time (may even have been frozen at a time as well).

I think you mentionned to me you had also Indian Mumbai mitai? They are from the same year (2005) but have been tested last year (2012) with decent germ rate (around 75%).

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice !

When it will be enough strong, maybe you could try to prune the weird one. Sometimes, the leaf anormality is due to mutation in the main meristem in the seed.

I think you mentioned to me you had also Indian Mumbai mitai? They are from the same year (2005) but have been tested last year (2012) with decent germ rate (around 75%).

Hey bro... yeah I'll see how the plant developes, I'm sure it will grow normal leaves with the time, it also happened to me with other strains.

Yeah another french fella shared a few beans of Mumbais with me too... they will probably be the next ones if the Sagada repro goes well. Then I will try to focus into some other personal projects.

Peace! :tiphat:

Gelado`

Veteran
The Mumbais are originally from me...and the name is too. :) If you have any questions about the strain or growing it, let me know!

Rahan has really kept a lot of strains alive that might have been lost otherwise...he is a hero to me. I may have to reach out to him for my own strain as I don't know if my seeds will be any good!

yeah very interesting projet Mustafunk , have a blessing day , good vibes for our project.

Really Gelado ? the Mumbais is from you ? if have hear a lot about , but is barrely a legends here ... or

so i don't know if Mustafunk need some info , but me yes lol .

i hope to talk you soon ,have a great days

Wow I am so excited to get to watch this landrace project take place.

I wish the best of luck with those 3 little beauties!

Gelado`

Veteran
I sourced the Mitai in Mumbai in 2005, completely by accident. Me and a friend went to smoke some Nepali charas in a field, and the security guards there were smoking ganja in mango leaf chillums. As we were walking to the end of the field, I smelled the ganja and it smelled a lot like pure charas, so I asked my friend if he had started heating the charas for the joint. He said no, and then I realized the other guys were smoking.

We walked over, made friends, and smoked together every day for weeks, and they helped us buy a big bag of heavily seeded ganja from their local supplier. The guys, dealer and ganja were from the jungles of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh--the ganja is pure, long flowering sativas with a very relaxed high. There is a lot of variation in terms of flowering length and size in the genetics, but they are all very much pure sativas and all taste floral, fruity and exotic (like a fruit you've never smelled before, but that smells enticing nonetheless) at the same time--like no other ganja I have ever grown or seen anywhere else.

I had no herms outdoors, but it also took me 13 months from seed. My pics and grow reports are lost forever, but it is an excellent genetic base with which to work. Despite being a pure sativa, I wouldn't call it energetic...it is introspective, and smoking too much will make physical movement difficult, even though the body component isn't as intense as the mental effects it has on you. It is like a less anxiety-inducing, more calm and peaceful Thai; more like a Cambodian or Lao if you ask me. Great pure strain that I hope to grow again soon. It is a creeper, meaning it takes around ten minutes to really hit you, and leaves you with a feeling of peace. While I love pure Thais (a rare breed nowadays), I can't handle the mental raciness!

I still have hundreds of seeds from the original source, but they are eight years old now and may not germ. I also have several dozen I harvested in 2006 that may do better.

F

free_gardener

Here are some pics of one Indian Mumbai mitai.

Flowered outdoor under mediterranean sun with greenhouse, after being cloned and vegged for near one year. :thank you:
Sorry for the off topic Mustafunk

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
No worries bro, the pictures are great, such beautiful sativa spears!! I have at home some seeds from a Sri Lankan sativa that could be a good mate for the Mumbais too. How ended the Bangladesh Sativa from RandyCalifornia??

Sagadas are having fun under the sun in bigger containers now, will keep them just a few days more growing up 24h light and then straight into flowering schedule to avoid excessive growth, I want to keep things under control for the seedrun:

picture.php

Vibes! ;)

Gelado`

Veteran
Wow, nice to see the Mumbais growing in Europe! Thank you for sharing. They were much bushier and denser here, but that may have been all the nitrogen I gave them. :D I hope she smoked well for you after that wait!

High everyone,

very nice story and report Gelado , thanks for all .
Your Mumbai sound really amazing like as your travel i think , if a days you want to make sell some seed or somethink like that let me know please. i was honnoured if i have the luck to grow your Mumbai .

I search to grow every sativa as possible. i love to grow a larga batch of seed for finding the green dream lol

but unfortunetelly i never have the luck to make a seed trip and i'm a begginer in that research of the holy sativa

Mustafunk very nice sativa , i see a lot of lucky sativa grower on icmag or maybe i dont have the good friend lol

Good vibes everyones and sorry for my bad english

ThaiBliss

Veteran
No worries bro, the pictures are great, such beautiful sativa spears!! I have at home some seeds from a Sri Lankan sativa that could be a good mate for the Mumbais too. How ended the Bangladesh Sativa from RandyCalifornia??

Sagadas are having fun under the sun in bigger containers now, will keep them just a few days more growing up 24h light and then straight into flowering schedule to avoid excessive growth, I want to keep things under control for the seedrun:

View Image

Vibes! ;)

Looking real good Mustafunk. It is an interesting theory that these may have originated from visiting U.S. servicemen while on leave or something. Thai weed may have been decimated in Thailand, but some must have gotten spread around enough to survive in pockets here and there. These plants look promising so far. Waiting to see how they develop.

ThaiBliss

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Looking good Musta.
How ended the Bangladesh Sativa from RandyCalifornia??
Not good I'm afraid, even while everything around them was going off like fireworks.
They grew well, nice plants, but herm city and the end result was without resin and suitable only for the compost pile. Was not all it was chalked up to be, at least the seed I had. It was a 19 week learning experience.

Gelado`

Veteran
Randy, I'm sorry to hear that, the ganja from the area (West Bengal/Bangladesh) is legendary.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Little weekly update on the Sagadas for y'all... apologies for the pics quality, phone camera doesn't make justice to the models but I guess it will be enough to have a glimpse of them!

They are outdoors at 13h of light right now... maybe I will start to force them to 12h or 11h, in an attempt to avoid the cold temperatures that most probably will come during peak flowering time, I guess November at least! Anyway I think the seeds will be ready much before than the proper ripening of buds!

picture.php

picture.php

I love the lime colour, such a vivid green! Probably one of the most beautiful plants I had in the past years.

Leaf:
picture.php

Group shot:
picture.php

They are starting to love the bigger pots although they were stretching like crazy so I decided to top them up. Last week it's been quite windy here and some leaves have their tips a little bit affected, but nothing compared to the fruit trees and tomato plants from the garden, their tender leaves got really damaged! At the beggining I was afraid they weren't liking the soil mix but fortunately they seem happy with the custom made low nutrient mix.

Damn I can't wait to sex them! Hopefully in the next weeks I will be able to find some preflowers already.

Vibes! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts