What's new

Most photographed/historic places you burned some bud?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Was just looking through some old 110 instamatic pics from when I was a young man, a babe in the woods in retrospect.

Anyway, back in the day, my now very dear old friend and I had climbed to the top of the peaks sit with our legs over the edge and smoke a J and drink some cold buds.

Among other things, this is one of the most photographed natural rock formation in the world making appearances on many tv shows and movies....do you recognize these rocks from shows or movies...speak up.

Else you can post your entries please.

or just sit back and enjoy.

minds_I

picture.php

picture.php

Vasquez Rocks, LA County

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
picture.php

On July 4th 1976 me and a few hundred stoners participating in a protest against unjust marijuana laws as part of the annual Smoke-In they had back then lit up on that flat area where the X is in the picture. We were going to go all the way into the Lincoln Memorial but we were stopped by a line of DC's Finest in Riot gear standing in front of the last set of steps. So we all sat down and broke out bongs and pipes and joints and lit up right there. Nobody got stupid and so no arrests were made. Unfortunately the protest had almost no impact and was essentially forgotten about by the next day.

waveguide

Veteran
i spend regular time in the sonoran desert, winter summer i gotta be there..

sure that shit is majestic but settle and smoke in the places that you don't go... like squat real low under the creosotes only tall enough for rabbits, whole different perspective. noticing the things that don't seem significant.

the clouds float over and that one seems to be make out of every animal, evolving into shapes, and the white butterfly a hundred feet up. meet the gaze of a fox or an owl, ancient beyond history.

famous places. shit is just dust and rocks around here. see ya in a couple of million years.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Ft. Sumter SC, and the flight deck of the aircraft carrier Yorktown in Charleston SC. history speaks to me...:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
everywhere I have been ..even outside the white house when I was in Washington and all the tourist areas there ..I copped it a few streets over think it was f street.....yeehaw..if you casual about it its easy to get away with smoking just about anywhere...if your moving its even easier as people try and figure out where the smell is coming from...

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor

On July 4th 1976 me and a few hundred stoners participating in a protest against unjust marijuana laws as part of the annual Smoke-In they had back then lit up on that flat area where the X is in the picture. We were going to go all the way into the Lincoln Memorial but we were stopped by a line of DC's Finest in Riot gear standing in front of the last set of steps. So we all sat down and broke out bongs and pipes and joints and lit up right there. Nobody got stupid and so no arrests were made. Unfortunately the protest had almost no impact and was essentially forgotten about by the next day.

Yes, the annual July for 4 Smoke-In on the Washington Mall is one of the best and most peaceful protests and celebrations of freedom there is. Been many a year. If anyone plans on going to next years Smoke-In, leave before the fireworks are over otherwise getting home takes about three hours because there's sooooo many people all simultaneously exiting after the grand finale. :tiphat:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes, the annual July for 4 Smoke-In on the Washington Mall is one of the best and most peaceful protests and celebrations of freedom there is. Been many a year. If anyone plans on going to next years Smoke-In, leave before the fireworks are over otherwise getting home takes about three hours because there's sooooo many people all simultaneously exiting after the grand finale. :tiphat:

Good advice and just to expand a bit, that's not just cars on the road but also the subway, the average turn out for the fireworks and other entertainment (non Smoke-In related) is in the hundreds of thousands. I was there one year when the Beach Boys were doing a free live performance there and the turn out was said to be in excess of half a million people.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
phish%252Bnye%252Bmiami%252B2009-10.jpg

prob msg also puffed at the botanical gardens, bronx zoo, hershey, disney, great adventure.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

EDC Vegas in June this year. June 20th was one of the best nights of my life.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, so we've toked nearby Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Devil's Tower all in the summer of '88, but our most exciting yearly pilgrimage is to go arrowhead and ancient tool hunting out at Sugar Point on Leech Lk and that's coming up October 5th.......

from Wiki:
The Battle of Sugar Point, or the Battle of Leech Lake, was fought on October 5, 1898 between the 3rd U.S. Infantry and members of the Pillager Band of Chippewa Indians in a failed attempt to apprehend Pillager Ojibwe Bugonaygeshig ("Old Bug" or "Hole-In-The-Day"), as the result of a dispute with Indian Service officials on the Leech Lake Reservation in Cass County, Minnesota.

the last true Indian battle was fought not too far from my home, we go out and always come back with artifacts, which we promptly deliver to the Ojibway Artifacts Cass Lk museum. Usually one or two members will break out a peace pipe for toking claiming authenticity (but it's not) or we'd snatch it away from him and drop that off at the museum as well. the arrow/spearhead hunt is the climax for us.......

SoufLondon

When you used to be able to get into and touch Stonehenge iv smoked there.

Iv vaped inside of many famous london landmarks. I often smoke a zoot on london bridge

minds_I

Veteran
London Bridge in Lake Havasu City? or the new one in London I presume?...I have been across the LHC bridge

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
picture.php

The House of Commons, Terrace bar, the slim terrace above the river with the gazebos, i smuggled a fat J past security and blazed it without problems, the river Thames flowing directly below to loose evidence was not needed, there was a decent breeze there...

B

Baron Greenback

Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe. Pretty much all over London, most proud of inside Wembley Stadium watching the Posh win the playoffs :)

DJXX

Veteran
right outside the Liberty bell building in Philly...took a wiz too...man i was so stupid back in the day...DJXX

indalo

View Image

The House of Commons, Terrace bar, the slim terrace above the river with the gazebos, i smuggled a fat J past security and blazed it without problems, the river Thames flowing directly below to loose evidence was not needed, there was a decent breeze there...

How much would a glass of wine cost under them gazebos ?