What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Benim's first grow - Outdoor - Nitro Lemon Haze and Big Bud - Scandinavia 2015

benim

Hey, this is my first outdoor grow,

Strain:
Lemon Haze (Sativa)
Big Bud (Indica)

We put the seeds in the ground around May 10th (Not sprouts, just the seeds)

1 of the Big Bud plants started growing buds ~4 weeks ago, and is way ahead of the other plants. The rest of the Big Buds are starting to show some buds now. The Lemon Haze hasn't shown any sign of buds yet, but they're getting bushier every day. The lemon haze are really tall (Almost 2,5m) so we stabilized them with sticks.

We dug out a hole (10-15 cm deep, ~3 x 1,5m) filled the bottom with hydrograins, then filled with 8 x 18 liters of soil (not sure what type), and 2 x 18 liters of manure. The soil was then mixed with nutrients and chalk for the pH-balance. (theyre growing in a Pine forest, near a field)

We've had a rainy summer with little sun. On the really hot days we watered them every day, then the rain took care of the rest.

We returned when the plants had grown quite tall (maybe 1,5m) to refill with 2 x 18 liters of soil, then put some horse shit on top.

We used some pesticides against ants and snails.

7 plants of 11 has survived.

This grow is made on a tight budget, but we tried to do it as good as possible under the circumstances. On the Big Bud, we pre-harvested the small buds at the bottom hoping the plant will focus on the top buds. We are a little bit unsure when the right time for harvest is when we don't have any tools to look closer at the buds, any advice?

Its almost mid-september now and we planted the seeds about 4 months ago. So it's moving really slow, but I think the plants look good. However, I'm a little concerned that the outdoor temperature will get too cold soon, how concerned should I be?

I tried to put as much info as possible here, please ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Overview:

Big Buds on the right side with the big leaves, Lemon to the left

Lemon Haze