What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

GreenAndFast

Bought a vac sealer and I've just resealed it. Do you think this will be ok guys?
The flower used, just alot more.
PXL_20230824_162541842.jpg

The freshly sealed cob 😄
PXL_20230824_185955094.jpg

silenoh

Making oil or break it up and run it through a dry sift tumbler to get hash is what I would do.
Try dry sift on a kilo and get back to us with pics please.
Hey my friend..tanks for the reply. so today I woke up with this thought of crushing the rocks hehehe... in a blender and passing through a sieve... I used a 120U... But Every time I opened the lid of the blender, there was that cloud of floating dust...so I started to remove only the dust that was sticking to the wall of the blender jar...the one I collected from the jar has more quantity... .. it's thicker but it gave a fucking breeze kkkkkkk

Attachments

• IMG-20230824-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20230824-WA0033.jpeg
    944.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20230824-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20230824-WA0033.jpeg
    944.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230824_210119_515.jpg
    IMG_20230824_210119_515.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 43

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey my friend..tanks for the reply. so today I woke up with this thought of crushing the rocks hehehe... in a blender and passing through a sieve... I used a 120U... But Every time I opened the lid of the blender, there was that cloud of floating dust...so I started to remove only the dust that was sticking to the wall of the blender jar...the one I collected from the jar has more quantity... .. it's thicker but it gave a fucking breeze kkkkkkk
Love the color man.

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena I made another one but this time used acid beauty. I can see this turning into a full blown addiction haha I love the process.
View attachment 18881618 View attachment 18881619
You know the seeds that are in there, will they still be viable after the cobbing? Not sure if this has been asked before.

Thanks guys 😁
Once you get a well cured slab of any of the plants you are using you will want nothing else I assure you my friend.
Honestly you are doing a great job so far the cured slabs are going to become candy of the highest quality.
Just grow the best highs you can and cure them this way and you will see their true potential so far they look perfect.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey guys, been reading through and haven’t gotten past 20 before already planning to use part of my upcoming grow for some cobs. However, I had a quick question, anybody ever use grape leaves? I have a fine with pretty nice leaves and I know people make food from them so I was curious.
If you like the taste of grape leaves thats fine but honestly I wouldn't bother, you dont need any wrapper.
Once you get good at this then maybe try alternative wrappers.
But as you can see above by Green and Fast you absolutely do not need any wrappers.
I only use maize husks because its traditional as is banana tree bark but you really dont need them.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
If you like the taste of grape leaves thats fine but honestly I wouldn't bother, you dont need any wrapper.
Once you get good at this then maybe try alternative wrappers.
But as you can see above by Green and Fast you absolutely do not need any wrappers.
I only use maize husks because its traditional as is banana tree bark but you really dont need them.
Thanks mate I’ll stick with corn for now until I understand the process. Thanks for the guidance Tangwena, I’ll be back in a couple of months with some pics.

GreenAndFast

Once you get a well cured slab of any of the plants you are using you will want nothing else I assure you my friend.
Honestly you are doing a great job so far the cured slabs are going to become candy of the highest quality.
Just grow the best highs you can and cure them this way and you will see their true potential so far they look perfect.
Thank you my friend. I'm so grateful to you (and alot of others) for bringing this method into the public or western view. This is an exciting weekend. First time cobbing and doing acid again for the first time in 4 years 😍

CDNINCA

View attachment 18881146

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian. 10months or thereabouts old.

The smell is very sweet camphor and something that I recognise from childhood but can't put a name to. Very difficult to stop sniffing it, it's that good!

The high is very very clear. I don't think that hybrid liking people would like this at all. It's almost as if you aren't high. Zero body high but very high in the head. Prefect for doing things; lots of motivated energy and full of confidence. Mrs DM loves it, as do I; she's just eaten 60mg and gone off into the village to shop.

@Tangwena ,I understand why this is one of your favourites. 🙂
Love these closeup shots @Hombre del mont !! The colors and textures are beautiful. Thanks for the description of the aromas too, it "brings the pictures to life"! :)

Cheers!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Next up is one of two zenith.

She was started a month after the Destroyer and consequently was more effected by the stupid early July temperatures. (Currently 39c today, but another 2 hours or so before the hottest part of the day 😂).
IMG_20230825_182731.jpg

That was yesterday evening before watering.

And here she is this morning

IMG_20230826_095741.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Here's the other Zenith.

She was a runt that I hadn't given away and was used to replace a male plant that I had mistakenly planted.

Before watering
IMG_20230825_182805.jpg
IMG_20230825_182832.jpg

And this morning after last night's water.
IMG_20230826_095750.jpg

She lost quite a few of her larger fan leaves to grasshoppers early on, which obviously didn't help. Thankfully she still has a long way to go and will (🤞) get quite a bit bigger.