What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

liquid W-8 by green planet

BubbaBear

Get a empty one liter bottle, fill it a quarter full with molasses. Fill the rest of the bottle with hot water, shake the bottle and BAM ! you got yourself a bottle of Liquid W8. Its definitely one of there redundant additives that can be skipped all together or replaced with a much cheaper carbohydrate supplement. It smells just like molasses and the aminos enzymes, vitamins and carbohydrates they say are in the bottle are mostly likely naturally occurring substances in the molasses.

gonnagrow

Don't really agree with BB but molasses would be an acceptable substitute. Green Planet seems to be reputable, their Massive product is good stuff. Had good results with W-8, certainly just as good as Bud Candy.

Lowman

Bubbabear is wrong. W-8 is derived from molasses....but not the same. molasses gunks up my rez no matter how much I dilute it. W-8 works well in my 30G rez without clogging up filters and drip lines like molasses does.

It's too bad some people can't just keep their opinions to themselves if they don't have a clue what they are talking about. The Green Planet line is very good....period.

maryjanesdad

Thanks fellas. I'm gonna try the green planet enhancements....buddy of mine will give it to me for cost so I'll check it out

BubbaBear

Bubbabear is wrong. W-8 is derived from molasses....but not the same. molasses gunks up my rez no matter how much I dilute it. W-8 works well in my 30G rez without clogging up filters and drip lines like molasses does.

It's too bad some people can't just keep their opinions to themselves if they don't have a clue what they are talking about. The Green Planet line is very good....period.

Derived from molasses ay? So what does that mean they magicly filtered out all the sticky stuff(sugar)that gunks up your reservoir? Or maybe its just diluted molasses to a ratio that wont gunk up your reservoir. If molasses gunks up your reservoir try adding less and using a dehydrated molasses or just keep buying your Liquid W8 which is geared toward dudes like you who need have to have someone else dilute molasses for them to get the magical perfect ratio that wont gunk up your reservoir and think they need to run a companies whole line to have good results, which is a joke GP basicly built a line based around there one good product Massive which is a rebranded product from good old Australia.

Massive which is a great early flower booster but contains way to many hormones to be used the last few weeks and is way to watered down at 20ml a gallon for my taste. When Massive first came out it claimed to have all the additives in them so you dont need to buy a bunch of other bottles which was why they said it was so waterd down but GP got greedy they broke up there line as much as possible like AN trying to milk the consumer. How many sugar production does one need? Looks like there line contains about 4 not to mention Massive already has carbohydrates in it. If there base was any good you wouldnt need a separate cal mag product plus and a fulvic and humate, they should just put those two in there other products so you dont need to buy them separate theres no benefit to that.

So for carbohydrate products they have, Karbo Boost, Liquid W8, Finisher-which is basically sugar water plus the triacontanol and other goodies that Massive has minus the NPK and then my favorite Brix + there sugar water product designed to be used as a foliar feed for dry flowers to increase weight (nasty shit) but it makes your flowers smoke like candy lol, I've encountered it from club weed several times, thanks Green Planet love your morals, milking the consumers with your drawn out redundant products and offering a weight increasing sugar water foliar spray product, god knows we could all use that, no wonder they love GP so much in Colorado Brix + is a dispensaries owners best friend, spray down a pound of dried flowers and now you have 20 ounces instead of 16 lol. Enjoy you Green Planet nutrients bro ! There a awesome company lol.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Derived from molasses ay? ...

...Brix + ...
What's sometimes done is that molasses is fermented. This way it (mostly the sugars) can't/won't be used by microbes (because that product is basically microbe 'shit' and microbes) but adds other things like vitamins and MAMPs (microbe-associated molecular pattern). MAMPs are molecules which stimulate the plants immune system.
Fermenting molasses before you add it is basically jumping one step as molasses mainly serves as food for the micro-herd and less so for the plants themselves. Depending which microbes are used, the final product may be very different from just adding pure molasses or fermenting it yourself. If the result is better or worse, only trials can say...

Oh, how we hated Brix-weed back in the day when it all started, ugly stuff!! *Wretch!*

BubbaBear

I currently use powder glucose and powder molasses for all my plant carbs, I'll never understand buying a $50 gallon of water and sugar regardless of how it's processed. Store bought sugar water probably has tween 20 or some preservative that will inhibit microbe life anyways.

EM-1 is a great product that's a anaerobic bacteria and digested molasses. You can replicate it and make EM-2 buy putting10%molasses and 10% EM-1 in a clean 2 liter soda bottle and filling the rest with clean hot water and let it sit in a sunny area for a week. Its a great beneficial product you don't hear much about that stays alive in a reservoir without a bunch of airstones that's going to drive up your PH. It will also lower your PH unlike most aerobic bacterial products that will drive up your PH and gunk up your reservoir.EM-2 has a PH of about 3 and will lower your PH a couple points if you add it to your reservoir and provide beneficial organic acids, digested sugars, enzymes and sludge digesting microbes, I like to apply it midweek.

And yeah fuck Brix plus and fuck Green Planet for making it. It discredits there whole company to me.

Last edited:

dazzerx2000

Yeh I bought two bottles of liquid w-8 on discount and came to the conclusion its just molasses re-bottled it really pissed me off but live and learn. I added it to my res and it made my friendly bacteria form into little thick sediments floating around the res so I only use it when I know im going to do a res change or know the plants will finish what's in the res. Blocked drippers isnt a problem for me im in modular flood and drain at the moment, but the sediments of bacteria would be a problem if I wasn't.

What product can be used to replace there massive seen as its watered down with a large dilution rate???

BubbaBear

Heavy 16 Fire is a similar booster with triacontanol that's designed to be used from late veg thru bloom if your looking for a single booster to use. It's expensive but you use it at 1-3 ml a gallon. Your can also just add Grow More's Jump Start to any cheap bloom booster that doesn't have anything extra added, It has triacontanol, kelp, vitamins and a bunch of other goodies.

HiFiGanja

Heavy 16 Fire is a similar booster with triacontanol that's designed to be used from late veg thru bloom if your looking for a single booster to use. It's expensive but you use it at 1-3 ml a gallon. Your can also just add Grow More's Jump Start to any cheap bloom booster that doesn't have anything extra added, It has triacontanol, kelp, vitamins and a bunch of other goodies.

If you must buy bottled why not buy Nutrilife Heavy Weight which is cheaper and more thicker than W8?

As for Massive it use to be called Monsta Bud, they had to change the name when they lost their distributor ship http://www.ozimagic.com.au/ozi-magic-gro-juice---monsta-bud/

Genes

First of all, as someone who loves to experiment - GP's massive is the only product I have used where I found my crop UN-SMOKEABLE to my standards when their product was the only thing different in the trial - and temperatures were perfect. Strains well known and dialed in. I do not know or care what else is in there, sure it works for weight but the AAAA just fell to schwaggy so have fun.

Now as a company, fuck you green planet. (deleted a lot of expletives of their petty maneuvers in the industry. Trust me they suck and I wouldn't leave them alone in a room with my grandma)

Lets put a cherry on top of that sundae why dont we!! I also know for a fact that the owner has at least on two occasions called and threatened small shops with lawsuits and just illogical crackhead type mania. They were then blacklisted without notice and declined future orders. I think its some petty shit- especially for a business willing to give your their money to sell products for you.

I am surprised they are still able to market those products. With recreation kicking off in the states and Canada to follow suit I really hope they are unable to stand up when people demand and expect quality from their crops.

BubbaBear

They are a shit show of a company thats for sure. There Finisher product use to be called Liquid Lead lol doesn't that sound appealing. I know I love heavy metals in my flowers lol. I got a free bottle and it made my bud fox tail, triacontinol is not what you want to be using in the last few weeks and the fact that they make a sugar water product Brix Plus thats designed to be used on dry flowers as a spray or soak to add weight discreadates there whole crappy company. That shit should be taken off the market.