What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's my first time... be gentle ;)

Hi, all :)

A friend gave me two clones (thanks, friend!) on June 8th. They are labeled as Chemdawg 4, and Lemon Pie. I can find a lot of information online about Chem 4, but pretty much nothing on Lemon Pie, so that one will be -- interesting.

The Chem 4 is tall and lanky, while the Lemon Pie is short and more filled-in. The LP also has its main branch at an angle, allowing for nice flowers to be formed and reach the light. I didn't have to train it or anything. What a good girl! :)

I am only growing for myself (and sharing some with my friend, since he was so nice to give me the clones), so yield isn't of utmost importance -- budget is. So it is kind of a ghetto-grow, but it seems to be going okay so far.

My growspace is a walk-in closet. About 4x6x8. Has a window, which I leave open with a fan exhausting air during the day, and I close with complete black-out blanket covering it for the dark period.

Soil -- using a blend. A local nursery's potting soil that has always been wonderful for everything else I grow. Contains Mycorrhizae and lots of other goodies. I didn't have a lot left, so I blended it about 1:1 with FF Ocean Forest, which they also had at that nursery.

Nutes -- I'll admit, I did not go all-out on nutes, because I have been having decent luck so far with what I use on my vegetable garden. In veg, I was using Age Old Fish and Seaweed, and in flower, I am using Alaska Morbloom.

Lights -- vegged with 2 overhead T12s and 2 side CFLs in 6500K, in flower, 4 overhead T8s and 4 side CFLs in 2700k, and 2 vertical (in the middle of the two plants) T12s in 3000k.

They are 2.5 weeks into flower now. Pics starting in the next post :)

Last edited:
June 11th

June 11th

Here are the girls a month ago, on June 11th...

The smaller of the two is the Chemdawg 4. I will label them CD4 and LP.

Attachments

• cd4clonetop - Copy.jpg
    cd4clonetop - Copy.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
  • lpclonetop - Copy.jpg
    lpclonetop - Copy.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
June 20th

June 20th

I repotted the girls on June 20th. Here they are in their new homes :)

Attachments

• cdclone20jun - Copy.jpg
    cdclone20jun - Copy.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 14
  • lpclone20jun - Copy.jpg
    lpclone20jun - Copy.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
July 11 - 2.5 weeks flower

July 11 - 2.5 weeks flower

Flipped on June 24th to 12/12 and 2700K.

Here are the girls today, July 11th. They are 2.5 weeks into flower. I haven't really done any trimming or training or anything (other than removing some leaves my cat nibbled on one day when I wasn't looking. Grrr... now I have to take off fan leaves on occasion and give them to him, otherwise he will meow this demanding meow. Little jerk. He doesn't like being around when I smoke, but he is RIGHT THERE when I am visiting the ladies.)

Top view, and side view...

Attachments

• lp2_5wksfull - Copy.jpg
    lp2_5wksfull - Copy.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14
  • lp2_5wkstop - Copy.jpg
    lp2_5wkstop - Copy.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cd4_2_5wksfull - Copy.jpg
    cd4_2_5wksfull - Copy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cd4_2_5wkstop - Copy.jpg
    cd4_2_5wkstop - Copy.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
Lemon Pie flower 2.5 weeks

Lemon Pie flower 2.5 weeks

Here's a nice photo (in my opinion -- I took it yesterday with my phone's camera, with a magnifier in front of the lens :biggrin:) of a flower from the Lemon Pie. For 2.5 weeks, it seems surprisingly "frosty" to me. The Chemdawg 4 isn't anywhere near this developed in flower.

Since I can't find any information about Lemon Pie, I have no idea what the flowering time on it is, and neither does the friend who gave it to me :-\

Attachments

• lp2_5 - Copy.jpg
    lp2_5 - Copy.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 11
V

vuuduu

After a sentence like that I normally take out handcuffs and ropes form the bedroom drawer.. :D

That's the best way to learn the plants to watch do their own thing.

Good luck and the feeling when you have your first homegrow burning is something to wait for. :)

After a sentence like that I normally take out handcuffs and ropes form the bedroom drawer.. :D

That's the best way to learn the plants to watch do their own thing.

Good luck and the feeling when you have your first homegrow burning is something to wait for. :)

:laughing:

I am not really into that kind of thing, though I can be convinced (I am female, BTW...)

I can't wait for the next 7 or so weeks to (hopefully) whiz by!

BTW, forgot to upload this one. Here are the two girls side-by-side -- Lemon Pie on the left, Chemdawg 4 on the right. You can see how much shorter (yet more developed) LP is. I have her raised by about an inch or so -- need to raise her a bit more so the tops are at equal distance to the top lights...

Attachments

• both11jul - Copy.jpg
    both11jul - Copy.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 15
O

OKD

Nice grow and greetz from southern Canada (MT). Got my start with two gifted clones too!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Will your situation be compromised if/when these plants start to stink? You're venting unfiltered air right out a window during the day and kinda sealing up the window at night. If the vented air could become an issue or having your house filled with the smell of growing pot isn't a good thing, then you need to make plans to deal with it.

Good luck, and welcome to growing!

K

kiwi_growa

Wow! Those girls at 2.5 weeks flower look awesome!. Bet they're huge now.

Will your situation be compromised if/when these plants start to stink? You're venting unfiltered air right out a window during the day and kinda sealing up the window at night. If the vented air could become an issue or having your house filled with the smell of growing pot isn't a good thing, then you need to make plans to deal with it.

Good luck, and welcome to growing!

Thanks! I live in CO, so I don't think it'll matter much. Heck, driving with the windows open, you can smell all the warehouse/dispensary grow operations that are harvesting around Denver proper easily, and they supposedly HAVE odor control :biggrin: I think everyone is used to it now.

I may start leaving the window open at night (once it is dark and it won't matter if the blanket comes away from the window a bit from a breeze. That is the only reason I close it at night. Sometimes we have hellacious wind at night, and I wouldn't want the blanket to move while it is still light out. Lights go off at 8:15pm, and there is still light in the sky).

Wow! Those girls at 2.5 weeks flower look awesome!. Bet they're huge now.

Thanks :) Those photos were just taken yesterday (except the close up flower one was the day before yesterday), so they haven't grown TOO much, but I am kinda surprised at the maturity of the "Lemon Pie" one at this stage. She is way ahead of the Chem 4. I wish I knew more about her... like, oh, I dunno... a general FLOWERING TIME might be nice? :biggrin: I do have a scope to check trichomes, though, so I guess I will just go by that.

I hope everyone has a great day! I will be taking more photos on Monday (3 weeks into flower on that day).

Still holding off on more pics until Monday, when the girls are 3 weeks into flower, but I noticed this morning that my Chem 4, which had topped out at 5 blades per leaflet, has switched to to 7 blade leaflets at the top 2" of growth. I didn't know they continued to rise in number while in flower. The Lemon Pie one is still at 5. 'Course the LP is about 5" shorter than the C4, but her flowers are more developed.

2 weeks, 5 days in flower...

2 weeks, 5 days in flower...

Okay, I couldn't wait until Monday, when the ladies will be three weeks in flower. I decided to take a closeup of LP's top bud. This is two weeks and five days. She's pretty :D

Attachments

• lp2w5d - Copy.jpg
    lp2w5d - Copy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 15
Here's a nice photo (in my opinion -- I took it yesterday with my phone's camera, with a magnifier in front of the lens :biggrin:) of a flower from the Lemon Pie. For 2.5 weeks, it seems surprisingly "frosty" to me. The Chemdawg 4 isn't anywhere near this developed in flower.

Since I can't find any information about Lemon Pie, I have no idea what the flowering time on it is, and neither does the friend who gave it to me :-\

LTTG:

Signed on here. I can't wait for mine to flower. If, no, when I get there. :)

GP
:biggrin:

Just make sure you take photos, GP... I love photos of flowers! And yes, you'll get there :) I'll be your cheerleader! Okay, maybe not. No one wants to see that...