What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Farmhouse

Thought i would start with the system and how i built it and how it works. Its a low pressure vertical aeroponic system. Each bucket has one red ez clone sprayer. Each buckets has a hole on the bottom to catch the water and send it down the rain gutter system to a sump reservoir with a float switch where it is pumped back to the main res.

The main res is a 50 gallon drum with a 1/3hp chiller keeping it at 68deg. The pump is a 950 gph shallow well pump. The feed manifold runs from the pump to the top of the room where i have ball valves and hose feeding each individual wall. Also have a city water valve in case of a power/pump failure etc.

The ventialtion is new. I just installed a 17,200 btu mitsubishi mini split. I have a 10 inch scrubber/ fan combo mounted high on the back wall that cycles all the air from the top through the duct then pushed back out at the bottom center of the square. And of course the floor fan slowly pushing the air back up the center. Its working great..but we will see how it works in real time with this log.

Almost forgot the water cooled co2 generator. Its mounted out of the grow room and ducted in.

vertttprototype004.jpg

vertpro001.jpg

vertttprototype006.jpg

vertttprototype007.jpg

inaction005.jpg

bobblehead

Veteran
oh yeah! Front row, sitting next to Hydrosun... Waiting for DHF to get here... I'm reserving a bucket for him next to me. We're all going to the looney bin together bro! :D

Buddle

Veteran
Very excited to have found this thread from the beginning.I can already tell I am in the right place to learn plenty..I brought you a nice saucer of milk from one of our Holsteins Farmhouse cat :)

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet! This is gonna rock. What strain are you going to run?

bobblehead

Veteran
Oh wow. You're plants look great! I had to scroll up and see how much space you had before you're gonna hit the ceiling... lol

And the last 2 walls are Adub.
023-1.jpg

Temps are set at 78deg, RH at 70% and ppms at 900. Oh, and runnin the GH nutes for the first time.

For anyone new: I have been running this system for about a year. Up until now iv'e ran the ventilation system with 2x a minute air exchange/exhaust. Ive averaged about 3.5 lbs a harvest. My goal is to get to 4 lbs. Hopefully with the co2 and the airconditiong system i can achieve that. and beyond???

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looking good, is there anything in the buckets besides roots and juice? do the buckets get packed with roots like in dwc?
how many watts you running in there?

Thanks. I toss a few bio balls in each bucket just so the roots have something to grab onto. Other then that its just roots and juice and lots of air. Im runnin 2 1k's.

Mister_D

Veteran
Filling up fast in here. Grabbing a chair while I still can :biggrin:

Edit - Did you install the mini split yourself or pussy out (poor attempt at cat humor :laughing:) and pay someone?

Hey mister....my mini seems to be working perfectly, But i always assumed that the fan ran 24/7? Sometimes i look and its stopped. But then a few minutes later it starts running again. Is that normal?

Latest posts

Latest posts