What's new

Pot Infused Wine? Is this really all the rage in Cali?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Pot-infused wine is all the rage in dope-friendly California

How could you make a substance like wine, with chemical properties that make you pleasantly woozy and a bit euphoric, any better? Infuse it with another substance whose chemicals make you pleasantly woozy and a bit euphoric, of course! Enter marijuana-laced wine. A bit like the pot brownie's more refined big sister, the aromatic red spirit is on the rise in California where increasingly lax pot laws have brought the decades-old fad back into fashion. The recipe calls for dropping a pound of pot into a fermenting cask of wine, which yields about 1.5 grams of weed per bottle. Plenty enough, we think, to get a group of sophisticated vintners chanting "duuuude" and eating Funyuns.

http://now.msn.com/living/0415-wine-marijuana-trend.aspx

Is this really true and if so has anyone here tried it? I can't imagine this being very good but perhaps with the right strains of grapes and herbs it's not as bad as it might seem?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
No it's not the rage. Interesting though

Yeah I find that claim of being all the rage hard to believe. First because I can't see this being a good combo. Then there is the fact that from what I understand the wine makers in California are very proud of their wine and so I don't see any serious wine maker wanting to taint their wine with marijuana. Likewise I can't see the quality growers out there wanting their stuff to end up in a wine bottle. Nor can I see the consumers be willing to spend what it must cost to cover the addition of a pound of marijuana to a cask of wine. Especially if the end result is only 1.5 grams of marijuana per bottle. I've put more grams then that into a single brownie.

Grobot2010

The "all the rage" is way over-stated. It's more like one of the odd items someone will occasionally bring to a gathering as an after-thought, and I don't know anyone who pitches a pound into a cask of wine, it's more like, throw an eighth into a bottle see what happens (usually leading to mediocre results and feelings that the eighth would have been better on it own).

Latest posts

Latest posts