What's new

What is eating my plants!? Pics included

LightGuy420

Hi. I started noticing this about a week after I moved them into the flower room. It's greyish patches on the fan leaves, that spreads and seems to eventually eat the leaves. The part that is grey is very fragile and crumbles easily. Only thing I could think of is maybe some kind of powdery mildew?

Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am pulling of several fan leaves a day. Once I noticed it, it had already gotten pretty bad and I cut out a lot of branches and fan leaves and any infected areas, but it is still showing up daily! It is on all my plants (some worse than others).

I have 4 in pure canna coco, and 3 in dwc bubble buckets.
GH Flora series nutes, with Fox Farm Tiger Bloom as well.
~1300ppm
ph 5.8 in coco, 5.5 in buckets
Room temps between 65f lights off, and 80f lights on.

If you need any other info, I will be glad to provide. Again, any help or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 000_0056.jpg
    000_0056.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 000_0057.jpg
    000_0057.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 000_0058.jpg
    000_0058.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 000_0059.jpg
    000_0059.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 000_0061.jpg
    000_0061.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6

LightGuy420

That had crossed my mind to. I don't know what would be causing lockout, but with the plants in the dwc buckets, my ppms after 7 to 10 days is really high, too high for my cheap meter to read, so I'm thinking it's above 2000! I change the water every 7 to 10 days (normally closer to 10), and in that time, I just top of each bucket with 1300ppm water as they get low. My biggest plant takes a gallon a day!

So possibly something is getting locked out and every time I top off, I am adding to the already high amount in there, thus giving me the high ppms and possibly causing some kind of nute burn? Does that sound possible? And any suggestions on how to cure the lockout/burn?

Thanks!

LightGuy420

That had crossed my mind to. I don't know what would be causing lockout, but with the plants in the dwc buckets, my ppms after 7 to 10 days is really high, too high for my cheap meter to read, so I'm thinking it's above 2000! I change the water every 7 to 10 days (normally closer to 10), and in that time, I just top of each bucket with 1300ppm water as they get low. My biggest plant takes a gallon a day!

So possibly something is getting locked out and every time I top off, I am adding to the already high amount in there, thus giving me the high ppms and possibly causing some kind of nute burn? Does that sound possible? And any suggestions on how to cure the lockout/burn?

Thanks!

1300ppm????????????????? whats wrong with 300-750 mixing back n forth between the two. take it easy folks.. its just a weed...................
................:ying:

LightGuy420

That's pretty much just following the instructions on the bottle, and they are in week 5 of flower, so it's the highest I've given them thus far. I start at 300 and work my way up to 1300 for the last two weeks of flower before flushing..

I just can't figure out what is causing these grey patches. If it is some kind of nute burn, I don't think it's from high ppms because it's only on a few of the (mostly bottom) fan leaves. The rest of the plant looks good, but it does seem to spread and I notice a little more each day. I was really hoping someone has had this same issue, and I can get it corrected. I have posted on two forums, and no one has related. I'm stumped

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't follow any of there directions.. I take 1/4 off of what they say to use. I never go over 1EC or 1000ppm. With a ph of 6.5 or 5.8 for coco

Last edited:

LightGuy420

So what does it mean when my ppms are rising to above 2000? Obviously they are drinking more water than absorbing nutrients, but why? and how do I fix it? I keep my ph ranging from 6.0 to 5.5 in my buckets. With GH micro and bloom, with FF Tiger Bloom when in full bloom stage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

They are drinking water more than eating because you are giving them too much to eat. I never go over 1100 ppm. And if those plants are still vegging you need to cut that formula in half at least.

LightGuy420

Ok, I will cut it back a bit. But as I said before, they are in week 5 of flower, and 1300 is the highest they have had yet. They don't really show any signs of nute burn, other than the weird greyish, fragile spots that keep showing up (and I'm not even sure that is nute burn). But everything else seems to be fine..

Thanks for the input!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Molecules of water and molecules of nutrients are absorbed separately from one another. edit; except calcium and boron which are swept along in the transpiration stream.

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
if those plants are in week 5 of flower you got problems, dont see any flowers on any of your pic's . they are way over fed for sure. there going to need flushed with low ph water untill run off water is at 5.8 or so, then mix nutes at half strength. if they were mine and looked like that in week 5 of flower i would kill them and start over

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I agree with jw.
What is your light schedule? Week 5 they should be loaded with buds.
You are blowing em apart with your nutes. keep it below 1000 ppm
Flush them with clearx or some other flushing agent.and run plain ph'ed water in them for a couple of days to wash out all the salt build up.
If you don't have buds by now turn the lights back on 18/6 and veg them to straighten them out.
You don't need to add the Fox Farm Tiger Bloom too early either.
Are you seeing bugs?
What is the humidity in the room?

LightGuy420

Those pics were taken the day I put them in flower, and that was just a bottom branch I cut off. The plants are loaded with buds now, and the problem doesn't seem to be near as bad. I just can't find anyone who can tell me what the problem is in the last two pictures of the leaves with the greyish, crumbly patches..

My light schedule is 9am to 9pm..
No bugs
humidity ~35%
and I have backed my nutes down to 1000.

Any thoughts on the greyish patches? Could it be some kind of nute build up? It's weird cause it's on all the plants, so I thought is was maybe some kind of powdery mildew or something that was spreading..

Thanks for the input!

LightGuy420

Ok, cool. I have backed my nutes down and feel like things are back on track. The buds are looking nice and healthy, and I will probably begin flushing next week.

Thanks for all the help!

I have:
Super Lemon Haze
Chem Dawg
Cindy99

If anyone is interested in seeing the final buds, just let me know! Should be ~2 weeks for the Cindy and Chem Dawg, ~3-4 weeks for the Super lemons (they are takin forever, but looking amazing!)

Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts

Latest posts