What's new

Sir-Smoka-Alot´s first indoor grow NorthernLights

Norrsken

Damn, wrote a long answer then pressed backwards... bumb

It´s either Heat or To much water.
1. What is the temp?
2. Are you doing the "Wet-Dry" schedual?? ( Dig down 1cm or 2, if moist don´t water,if dry
water)

My little babe turned yellow at the buttom and little crisp at the edges.
I was able to reduce heat with better ventilation and I rly let it dry out
betwen I water. After that it stoped turning yellow. The 2 Leafs didnt turned
back Green, but didnt get worse and the rest of the plant is doing awesome!
All is ducumented in my thread

- Norrsken

Ciscosfa

how are your temps in that box ? i really fancy a 250W HPS i only run CFLs at the mo ! dont get me wrong CFLs do the trick but i know HPS gives out more lumens etc (and heat) my cab is prob the same size as yours !

Damn, wrote a long answer then pressed backwards... bumb

It´s either Heat or To much water.
1. What is the temp?
2. Are you doing the "Wet-Dry" schedual?? ( Dig down 1cm or 2, if moist don´t water,if dry
water)

My little babe turned yellow at the buttom and little crisp at the edges.
I was able to reduce heat with better ventilation and I rly let it dry out
betwen I water. After that it stoped turning yellow. The 2 Leafs didnt turned
back Green, but didnt get worse and the rest of the plant is doing awesome!
All is ducumented in my thread

- Norrsken

Damn a bummer :D.

1. The temps are pretty steady between 26-30*C but at one time it was like 33*C but at most times 27 it has been 27 a couple days now actually.

2. I am not and thanks alot for reminding me i remember i read that somewhere and told myself that is how im going to do when i start growing but i forgot all about it so thanks alot. Now when i havent watered in a while no more leaves are turning yellow actually, only the bottom leaves stay yellow!

Btw norrsken where are you from?

how are your temps in that box ? i really fancy a 250W HPS i only run CFLs at the mo ! dont get me wrong CFLs do the trick but i know HPS gives out more lumens etc (and heat) my cab is prob the same size as yours !

I have a small bucket with water and a towel in , and as long as i keep that bucket pretty filled with water im doing fine, also have a bottle with cut off top that helps a bit but not as much as that small bucket. Without bucket filled temps will go over 30*c and humidity will become very low.

Getting pretty tired of the thai stick bagseeds they suck! Nothing happening with the 4 seeds i planted and i put like 15 new seeds in germination 2 days ago and i have them on a pretty hot place (over a radiator) and not a shitty thing has happened so it looks like im going to grow one single NL babe in there now lol, well atleast better then nothing :)

Norrsken

Okey, well temps a liiittle to high for my personal liking, but I guess it should be okay.
I think Northern Light is great strain to work with, but a little sensitive with the heat
so be carefull :)

Update! Shes getting bigger everyday! ----------->

Foto0222.jpg

Foto0221.jpg

Foto0220.jpg
Foto0219.jpg
Foto0218.jpg
Foto0223.jpg

I put 2 new NL seeds in paper towels now so tired of those shitty ass bagweed thai sticks they just wont pop after all this time...

Stay tuned til next update!'

peace

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
bro nice little setup ya got there. and the nl will be fine shes a tough lady . nl is a great plant to learn on.

/Update/

Switched over to flowering now, this grow was well failed if you can say that. The NL seeds i put in wet towels didn´t pop so i just thought i save the seeds for another time and let this baby finish flowering then i will put in more for the next grow. So im flowering one plant right now :laughing: well better then nothing :) Pics----------->

Foto0241.jpg
Foto0240.jpg
Foto0239.jpg
Foto0242.jpg

Shitty closeup. Put her in flower the 27th so its only been 2 days

By the way merry Xmas to everyone and happy new year !!:santa1::groupwave:

wow cant belive its soon 2011! ^^

Peace!

/Update/

Shes been in flowering for 2 weeks and 3 days now. Made a carbon filter from this guide:http://www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/101248-best-diy-ez-walmart-carbon.html

even though she doesnt smell to much its good with carbon filter for later on also. The timer is a little fucked up and i think last night it didnt shut off so she recived 24hrs light wich caused some stress and i see some leaves have curled i really hope she will be alright. Pics------------->

This is how i made the carbon filter...

Foto0243.jpg

Cut a bottle in half and made lots of holes in it.
Foto0245.jpg

Put the ladies sock over the bottle.
Foto0246.jpg

Then i used a small bucket and i drilled loads of holes in it also. Poured carbon in the space between the bucket and the bottle.
Foto0247.jpg

Now its full.
Foto0248.jpg

Then put the sock over the bucket made a twist and pulled over the top again so its tight.
Foto0250.jpg

And now its done, doesnt look as good as the one in the guide but hey it works :)
Foto0251.jpg

Then fasten it over the fan in the top.
Foto0255.jpg

Foto0257.jpg

Tape the shit out of it lol
Foto0258.jpg

And bom! Done. Might look like shit but its really cheap and it works!

Total cost: Carbon ~ 5$ Ladies sock~4$ = 9-10$ The bucket and bottle just random things i found around.

Now some pics of plant
Foto0259.jpg
Foto0260.jpg

Foto0261.jpg

Foto0262.jpg

Foto0263.jpg

Until next update stay safe and peace!

/Update 23jan/

She turned out to be a hermie so i harvested her now. It isn't worth wasting electricity on one plant aswell and when she was a hermie also that did it . A very shy harvest but hey atleast its something would guess around 10grams dry weight. Heres some pics and guess what i got my camera back now lol:----->

IMG_0018-1.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Thats about it! :laughing: Well honestly im happy with that harvest atleast its something! Most i ever harvested atleast lol. Well im gonna put it all in for the next grow gonna be 4 or 5 NL´s this time and a small autoflowering grow aswell on the side. The growcloset is gonna get some improving also.

Peace! Im out!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
that sux bro u def are not the sir i thought u were wass wonderin why he was in the newb section. but keep tryin were the seeds bagssed from a nl or u bought them. ne light leaks u gotta figure out what caused the hermi genetics or enviroment. if it was bagseed the others are likely to herm too toss them in the trash. buy some nice seeds try again. peace

that sux bro u def are not the sir i thought u were wass wonderin why he was in the newb section. but keep tryin were the seeds bagssed from a nl or u bought them. ne light leaks u gotta figure out what caused the hermi genetics or enviroment. if it was bagseed the others are likely to herm too toss them in the trash. buy some nice seeds try again. peace

Thanks man. Im almost 100% sure that it was the timer that caused it because one day the lights were on for atleast 24hrs instead 12/12. That and some heat stress+ underwatering i would say. NEVER buy cheap timers they NEVER work! The seeds were bought but i dont know seedbank. But this time going for 4-5 Nl´s and some autos also so no time to chill!

Such a shame bro!

Youll get her next time! :)

Thanks bro. Shit happens cant expect to much lol. I bought a humidifier for the closet so temps will stay down and humidity up. It works like a dream!

The NL seeds wont sprout, been in paper now 4 days almost nothing has happened so i ordered 10 The Church seeds hopefully they come next week.

stay safe!

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to hear bout the harvest

i thought you were the smoka aswell but then i saw the pics i realize ....

lol anyway pop more seeds and get em going ;)

cheers bro

red.

sorry to hear bout the harvest

i thought you were the smoka aswell but then i saw the pics i realize ....

lol anyway pop more seeds and get em going ;)

cheers bro

red.

Lol... I chose a bad nick for sure ^^

Recived this awesome bowl and seeds yesterday.

IMG_0002.jpg

put seeds in paper towels
IMG_0001.jpg

waiting for sprouts now! stay safe

edit: ps does anyone know how i PM on this site? Cant find howto!

Norrsken

Your the only one I can not pm, Usualy I just press the persons name and then options appear, one usualy is "Personal Message" But on you, it doesnt pop up

Damn. I must be the most unlucky man with seeds lol. Seems like the batch of The church seeds were really bad, because so far like 2/9 seeds have germinated. I mailed the company were i got them and im getting a 10 pack of SLH as compensation so that is nice :)