What's new

Favorite Jack Herer strain?

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super Jack. Hands down. More for the smoke than the grow. Just a lucky JH backcross my buddy brought back from Germany.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Good call Humble! I still have the SuperJack momma goin also.

Y

Yankee Grower

By strain, I mean common pheno...to grow? To smoke?
I rock the J1, personally.
All my research says J1 is not a pheno of Jack Herer but Jack Herer X Skunk #1 which was created soon after JH was released. Best I can figure the J1 I was running quite a few years ago is a very old cut.

Hard to see how JH is not a great strain cause it's basically old lines of (NL#5 x Haze) x Skunk #1. Always thought a J1 S1 would produce some amazing phenos or crossing J1 with a pure Haze, or strong Haze, male would be very cool also.

Man I never saw J1 hermie run in a variety of rooms using dif nute regimens with different growers over years having gone through all kinds of abuse...never.

Super Jack sounds awesome as I'm a big JH fan having run JH pure, JH x JH by Willy Jack seeds and J1 :)

HydroJen

Many thanks to all! Yankee Grower, I appreciate that info very much. I believe it's the old favorite, sparkling and lemon lime like candy floor cleaner

I hear the buyers at clubs complain about too much Jack since his passing. Anyone else?
Also,
I thought there was a RIP Jack thread, but can't find it. Anyone have a link?

I have not been fortunate enough to try it yet; but, from my point of view, & friends' experiences, I think anything with JH is enough to fly with Flash Gordon, right?

statusquo

Correct on the J1 Yankee. It's an awesome strain - good yields, smell, resin and easy to grow with a short (relatively flower time). J1 is one of the best day-time smokes I've ever had I'm sad I didn't get any cuttings off of it. It didn't bulk up or look like it was going to be worth anything until towards the end so I never took cuts in veg =/ If you are looking for a knockout or super potent smoke, though, look elsewhere (in regards to J1).
This was my first (solo) indoor grow. Pics of the J1:
About as thick as a soda can under 800W CMH.
picture.php

picture.php

Y

Yankee Grower

Many thanks to all! Yankee Grower, I appreciate that info very much. I believe it's the old favorite, sparkling and lemon lime like candy floor cleaner

I hear the buyers at clubs complain about too much Jack since his passing. Anyone else?
Also,
I thought there was a RIP Jack thread, but can't find it. Anyone have a link?
It has that sparkling lemon lime candy thing going on in flower for me. Yeah it's an old favorite cause SubRob got legit J1 buds and clones from an un-named ICMag member...lol...and Sub will probably chime in here eventually. SubRob was with someone that cracked a jar of buds and Sub was like that's J1! LOL and this jar from a guy from Tahoe that supposedly had the cut for like 20 years.

As for the finished buds a bit more like over ripe bile, but in a good way, with sandalwood and spice notes and for sure the Haze definitely comes through especially on the smoke.

Y

Yankee Grower

J1...which I first ran about 5 years ago...

It's not an elite but still very decent.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran

a couple of JFlash macros

accessndx-the smell is sort of leathery/acrid/citrus
it is easy to grow and clone-i like it alot
cheers
eddieS

Latest posts

Latest posts