What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalichakra........... sigh.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
After many 2 packs of kalichakra, I have to say that she is not worth anymore of my time.

Ive tried the 100day pheno, which is supposed to be the 'keeper.' Ive tried a few other ones that have come and gone as well...

reasons in bullet form...

+ always harsh smoke, even when flushed for very long
+ the high is heady, but not in a fun way. Just a bland high to me.
+ scent is some what leathery, which doesnt transfer to taste or last past cure
+ not a good taste, just bland all the way through.
+ after 10 min it's all about food... couldnt even feel out the high, just got hungery immediately. (this could be a good thing form some in need of this aspect of cannabis)
+ it's a bit introverted. This isnt bad but not what I want.

That is what I have to say about this.

the cool thing I did notice that she gives me the CRAZIEST DREAMS every time. This doesn't happen every time with other ladies.

Sorry to shit on a Mandala strain, but I support Satori enough to strongly dislike something from them.

Q.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
thx for the heads up oneQ. the dreaming aspect is interesting though...

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
INTRESTING, i love all mandala genetics and dont have any of the issures your having...

kalichikara is a great grower imo and i feel bad ur having thoes issues......using 3 part?

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Well that sucks. I'm currently smoking Satori and I don't really like it all that much but I'm glad you found that one to your liking. I have a Safari mix that looks like it's going to go about 70+ days I wonder if it has some Kalichakra in it?

Happy 7

Sadly, that's in essence the same experience that I had with Kalichakra.
Nice, very resinous plants with an unusual smell of flowers and mints, decent yield too.
But the only moderately potent, short lived, heady, uncomfortable high with a low ceiling and extreme munchies are something one has to bear not to enjoy.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
always looking for that one satori girl that was lost long ago do to growers error. She's my beast, I dont plan on running anymore mandala. Ive ran many in the past including M1, WS, Kali, and Satori.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Oh ok cool, yeah I think I'm going to try their Ganesh next, looks kinda good from their description. Chunky indica buds with a nice sativa high that sounds good to me. I've read M#1 was good too what did you think about that one?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
SHe was great, but every seed I had of her gave me a headache. We ran one pack, made f2s and grew 90% of those out and every last one automatic headache. sad

White satin on the other hand, if she didnt put me to sleep, she'd still be around. She had a great high. One was very spacey, the other very giggly (sativaish one was giggles.)

verdecielo

I have to agree 100% with you, i grew Kali 3 years ago and had similar experiences realy not a great high and terrible bag appeal in some fenos
by the other hand Satori as you said is some special stuff (avatar)

Sorry to shit on a Mandala strain, but I support Satori enough to strongly dislike something from them.

Aurora

I have 5 kalis starting flowering right now, outdoors under tropical sun. I hope mine turn better!

What light did you use One Q?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Good report one Q..

I quite like the M1 but grow it outdoors only.. It's quite a lovely little happy smoke..

talktosamson

Veteran
In life I find the old adage is true, you get what you pay for...while I have seen some awesome keepers out of packs of mandala seeds, most of their strains are just bla to smoke, basic, average, nothing special. I know people who live and die by their strains, but me personally I wouldn't waste the space in my grow tent...

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Although i am not to familiar with Kalichakra, I truly do admire Mandala genetics.
Most of the strains from them seem to not be super potent "HIGH" wise but there super potent for my medicinal reasons being anxiety and depression.

Sorry you didn't like the strain and wasted your time, but I love anyone who dedicates time to making genetics cause there spreading love.

Latest posts

Latest posts