What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wrinkled curled growth...HELP check out pics

jiggasouza

Wadup guys, so i have this strange growth happening on a few of my bigger plants. seems to have haulted growth and just been getting a wrinkled curly growth on the newer growth of the plant. My best bet right now is a fungus. Let me know some info of any similar experience, i will appreciate it. The strains are Bubba Kush and GDP, they dont even look like it anymore.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

also i got some eagle 20 and need to know the dose for powdery mildew if anyone knows. Thanks everyone

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Never seen fungus that happens like that.... that looks more like a possible virus....
Are these plants indoors or out?
Just recently a guy had tobbacco mosaic virus, started on newer growth and it looked just like yours, always happened with the newer leaves, because once the virus hits; it goes after the prone and you start seeing it in newer growths, because the root system in newer leaves are weaker than the ones that have bigger leaves.....

I need much more info about your grow.....

Here is the thread I was refearing too....
posts 72-75
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=151522&page=5

This guy, wandering roman showed a lot of great pictures of the tobbacco mosaic virus infected plants all at various stages of problem from the thread I just posted above and here is the link to the sticky that he had made as well.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177527

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3549796&postcount=72

ARE YOU USING?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?
How Tall are the plants?
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
What brand Nutrient's are you using?
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS?
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
How often are you watering?
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is your bulbs?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
Are plant's infected with pest's?

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on?
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...)
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)
How tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Water temperature?
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless)
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?
When was your last watering?
What is your water temps?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is the bulbs you are using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

Last edited:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
thats a low humidity/underwatering/high heat situation.

ive seen it before, infact some of mine have that.

lower ppms/more h20

jiggasouza

Well i damn sure hope it aint tmv. cuz i have a chemd mother right next to those and those are the only ones that are getting that. And my parter just accidently sprayed them about 4 or 5 days ago with 2 tsp of foxfarm grow big which is too much. they are in soil and get a fair share of plain water. damn! kinda bumbed out, and thanks for the info.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a low humidity/underwatering/high heat situation.

ive seen it before, infact some of mine have that.

lower ppms/more h20

I have some plants like that. I will give them more water I thought I was overwatering that also can cause this problem

I have good Humidity bad temperature?85 watering ? seems fine but I get this sometimes

picture.php

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Jigga, you definatly have a pH issue, the spotting in the veins is a dead give away, I need more information, can you please fill out the questions I asked you?

jiggasouza

well i have plants that look like that from not enough light, my f13. but im talking bout the curl up.

sure stitch, thanks for tryna help

ARE YOU USING?

SOIL:yes

How long has this problem been going on? at least 2 weeks maybe 3.
What STRAIN are you growing? pre 98 bubba kush, gdp in the pics. i have a chemd with tmv next to these.
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) clones
What is the age of your plants? age is around 2 months
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? almost a month
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? yes, mix of ffof and promix. or happy frog and promix
How Tall are the plants? around 2 feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) just topping
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 3 gal 1 plant per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) i mentioned above
What brand Nutrient's are you using? i have my partner water with plain tap around 7.0 to 7.3, and once every week or two i come and give them a dose of foxfarm grow big (2tsp gal) and some hygrozyme some roots excellerator (not everytime) ph'd to 6.3 to 6.5. I've also caught my partner spraying with miricle gro
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? foxfarm grow big is 2 tsp roots excellerator 1.5 ml and hygrozyme at 10 ml per gallon all per gallon
*Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? once every week or two
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? dont measure
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? havent checked anytime lately
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS??
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? ph pen
How often are you watering? these are being watered every 5 days maybe
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? last feeding was plain tap.
What size bulb are you using? t5s
How old is your bulbs? 4, 5 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 6 in to 1 ft.
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) usually 60 to 80%
What is the canopy temperature? ?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) not sure 65 degrees on cold nights and up to 90's on the hot days
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) just small fans on the tops of canapy
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? always running fans
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?right above, some is in the path of the air blowing
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? i try to let it get pretty dry but not all the time
Is your water HARD or SOFT? not sure
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) my ppm is around 85 i think
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?o
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? not in the last couple weeks
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? i used monteray spinosad a over a month ago
Are plant's infected with pest's? some white flys and moths maybe some thips. i cant find any thrips but last time i had an infestation they had stange damage that looks similar.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fucking aphids man.... and goddamn - fuck fox farms
i think they're the source of lots of folks aphids woes.

none of my opinion is science based, but ive unfortunately experienced that same fucking shit. goddamnit. i'm not sure if its from tmv or from the aphids or a combo of both as the aphids make the plants really really weak and susceptible/prone to bad shit happening... but the more and more i think about it the more im thinking its a result of the aphids triggering/compounding something (whether its a virus or something else).

those images are showing exactly what my grape romulan mom plant started doing & looking like right after i had my little creepy crawler friends.

fuck... those plants with the funky growth - id chuck them. I hope they are not mother plants but if they are... man... chuck 'em anyway.

the chem d is fine though - just plugging along? thats the really wierd part that will cause much head scratching... its like some plants can "take it" and some plants just,,,, they just succumb.

shit....

F

ForbiddenFruit

Over-fertilization my friend, at least thats what I think. Its possible that the soil is getting "sour". Usually at a month or so, its common for a nute build-up to occur, and start causing symptoms. You can avoid these "sour" stages once you dial your nute regime or method, and normally it means cutting back on feeds and stretching the feeding over a longer period of time.

Solution, lay off any feeding for awhile, make sure the pots dry respectively between waterings, re-arrange plants, make sure your air circulation is adequate but gentle, mist 2-3 times a week, if you think its a humidity issue, no direct fanning.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I notice you are only watering every 5 days...that is too long in 3 gal pots-- Also I noticed your partner used MG...maybe he did it more than once--
Seems like a combination of Overwatering (due to pots staying wet too long), possible pH issues, and possible Nitrogen Toxicity--:tiphat:
This is my opinion...but I would pay special attention to what Stitch says...she is the (wo)Man!! :)

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
I have some plants like that. I will give them more water I thought I was overwatering that also can cause this problem

I have good Humidity bad temperature?85 watering ? seems fine but I get this sometimes

picture.php

this "clawing" is the leafs way of trying to suck up more water.

low humidity causes the plant to feel like someone is steping on it... causing ti to do wierd stuff like that.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya I have been giving more plain water with the PH at 6.5. we will see what happens.

humidity is at 48% and temp is 81F. plants look health nice dark green.

Last edited:
E

el dub

Looked like nitrogen toxicity as well as a need for cal/mag to me.

lw