What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selfhemployed's 3K Stadium Scrog. R&C amdt. 20

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Well the title tells the story, I am putting the finishing touches on my vertical stadium, After going through a cloning disaster in which I almost lost all my strains, I finally have BIG healthy girls

Here are the specs:

This is a Northern Farmer/labtec/sensi sam.. and other influence style stadium grow. I have 2 shelfs on each side and 4 plants on each shelf for a total of 16 plants. I would have liked to do more plants/shelves but since this is a legal medical grow I play by the rules.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INSPIRATION!

Room is 12 x 8.5 but I have a 4 foot section walled off (half walls) for storage, room to work etc.. Makes the actual growing space 8.5 x 8 with a touch over 7ft ceilings.

Room was framed into basement insulated like a cooler and drywalled with greenboard (mold and water resistant drywall) Over the greenboard I used a bathroom specific flat white latex paint that is also mold, mildew, and water resistant (still need to paint floor). Plumbed in hot/cold water lines hooked to a faucet, then to a small boy water filter hanging on the wall

-3, 1000w watt Xtrasun convertable ballasts running off 240v from a MLC-4 .

-3 Hortilux bulbs: Hps/Mh/Hps in that order.

-10" can fan MAX fan for exhaust

-Can 100 filter and can silencer for the smell/noise (obviously ;) )

-Ambient intake

No co2, No air conditioner, No dehumidifier. Staying steady at 79f with all three lights on and humidity at 45-55%. And it's August!! :dance013::dance013:

Strains are:

3- Bubba D (Pre98 Bubba x Rez Chemdog BX1)
4- Bruce Banner # 3 (Unknown OG x (multiple)Rez Double Straw D)
2- Tahoe OG Kush
2- The White
2- Chemdog 91 (skunkva)
1- Royal Kush
1- Cannalope Haze (my keeper mom)
1- Toe Jam (Cheese x NYCD?) Not sure of this one but it looks great in veg so far

Trying to figure outwhat will work best. For the next run I have 4 banner, 4 S.A.G.E., 4 OG, 4 ECSD. From what I've seen the stretchier/lankier strains yield better..

Adding the screens this weekend we are 4 days into 12-12

Hope I make you vert pro's proud!!

(MOST OF THESE FIRST PICS ARE BEFORE I RAISED THE TOP SHELF)

ALSO LIGHTS WERE RAISED FOR WORK AND WERE STILL UP FOR THE PICTURES.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is the work area and where the grey tarp is is my ambient intake/portal to the little chamber I left in between the cement outside wall and framed room. I left this as a buffer room between my grow room and the cold mountain air that is coming right around the corner. Also put my ballasts in there

picture.php

This is the other side of that grey tarp

picture.php

Couple of OG's and a Chem91 in the corner

picture.php

Before the shelf move

picture.php

After the move and lights lowered (Much better eh?)

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Hope you guys enjoy! Comments, questions, advice, etc! are MORE than welcome.

Cheers!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
How fucking cool is this.. i cant wait to see how it produces.

I seen up above that's 3 1000's mix of HPS and MH? and you can cool it with just the exhaust that is awesome.
Looks like you moved on from the tent?

:lurk:

Last edited:

dachieftan

damn that is impressive! Great show bro! What kind of medium/nutes are you using? I love the concept of VSCROG. Hard to believe your getting those kind of temps w/o an AC and with 3,000 Watts. Awesome that your doing the mixed light spectrum as well with 2/3 HPS & 1/3 MH.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
How fucking cool is this.. i cant wait to see how it produces.
Is that a 600w hps and a 400w MH in there? your able to cool that with just that box fan and exhaust?

:lurk:

no my friend those are 1000w bulbs :) I hadn't put the third one in yet. Now there are three 1000w running and yes it's staying cool!

damn that is impressive! Great show bro! What kind of medium/nutes are you using? I love the concept of V-scrog

Thanks man. Roots Organic soil in 5 gallon smartpots. Vegged forever and were flowering clones. I believe the term is monster cropping? I got BUSHES because of it. Biobizz nutrients.

For NOW it's hand watered via a rez pump and watering wand. This week I'll be installing 1/2 or 3/4 inch pvc manifolds along each bench with a male 3/4 or 1/2 in fitting that I could screw a hose into. That way I can water/feed each row seperately.

This is the manifold style I'm going to use.

picture.php

QUESTION: What type of dripper, drip ring, etc?? can I put in the pots that will have a high flow rate? I looked at home depot and every dripper I saw was like 1gph. I'd ideally like a ring that I can put around the base of the plant for even watering. Suggestions anyone?

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Looking good self!! can't wait to see how your projects pan out..Is there a trellis involved in this set-up??

Yes they go in tomorrow and then everything gets pulled through the net and the training begins! Hoping for a WALL of bud!

mdk ktm

NICE! Im looking forward to watching this grow. I have another project in the works finally, but i would probably have 3 rows on each side with smaller plants. Do you think having an extra row, and more plants with less veg time would be more efficient?

+ rep for the strains you have, im jealous.

P

Paco

goddamn! you've been a busy farmer!
that toe jam is cheese x flo. it's from legends seeds.
I can't wait to see you crush this one....

danks

nice work man . if you placed the carbon in the back corner top part of the room you could have a shelf where it is now placing 4 more plants also if you can the opposite side so as to completely surround the bulbs 8 more plants with the same yield as your others would possibly give u an pound or more.

danks

having another look the room does look tight on that side but if u left one plant out of that corner it would fit thus filling up where the carbon is. so basically 7 more plants not 8 still would be very efficient. that 4 per wall 2 up 2 down

danks

you could use chains to hold it in place but also since its heavy you could put up a support metal beam that they use for house foundations with a flat top to hold the weight of the filter plus the metal rod is not very thick so could be installed without major difficulty.

danks

hmm might dent the filter but if u ran a 2 by 4 across thhen the weight could be distributed evenly across and the weight would fall on the heavy edges of the filter.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Wow this room looks amazing. Good work selfhemployed.

Thank you sir, you were a big reason I went this route. :tiphat:

Lookin' good bro...keep it up!

Thanks man stay tuned!

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm pretty excited about it

NICE! Im looking forward to watching this grow. I have another project in the works finally, but i would probably have 3 rows on each side with smaller plants. Do you think having an extra row, and more plants with less veg time would be more efficient?

+ rep for the strains you have, im jealous.

Hey there. Yes stay tuned, it should get really interesting. To answer your question, yes it would definitely be more efficient! I wish I could do the same but I'm very limited on plant number. Gotta grow trees!

scribed........

:thank you:

goddamn! you've been a busy farmer!
that toe jam is cheese x flo. it's from legends seeds.
I can't wait to see you crush this one....

Ahhh! I have been SOO busy it's ridiculous. It feels good though to be busy and I've gotten most of everything done beofre school starts next week. Excited for the toe jam, she is VERY sativa looking! It must come from the cheese?

nice work!

Thank you fellow scrogger!

nice work man . if you placed the carbon in the back corner top part of the room you could have a shelf where it is now placing 4 more plants also if you can the opposite side so as to completely surround the bulbs 8 more plants with the same yield as your others would possibly give u an pound or more.

having another look the room does look tight on that side but if u left one plant out of that corner it would fit thus filling up where the carbon is. so basically 7 more plants not 8 still would be very efficient. that 4 per wall 2 up 2 down

Danks... I have been going back and forth over this for quite a while now. You are right it definitely makes sense to hang that carbon filter and get more plants in there, but I have to stick to my plant count. I could easily put in another two in the back where the carbon filter is, and also put another four on the floor on each side. I couldn't do a total box, becasue I'd have no way to get in there. Depending on how this run goes, I might switch to krunchbubbles style with the three cool tubes in the middle and shelves on 3.5 sides of the room. But.. Northern farmer never had any at the ends, and his yields were crazy so hopefully even though I'm running WAAAY less plants than him I can get a solid yield especially with the scrog. It's hard to tell, but those plants on the top row are over 3.5 feet tall at day two of flower so they are going to fill in veddy nice me thinks. Thanks for the input I do agree with you.

Oh yeah If I were to hang the carbon filter I would use heavy duty motorcycle/atv tie downs from hooks in the studs. Cheers!

you're killin me man

Thanks homie, I'm all outta rep for you or I'd give ya some!

sfzoo

Lookin real good man!

i'm running 3k bare too, i have a 4th but my temps aren't staying down, may have to run 3k till the a/c gets ordered. i'm hovering around 78f-82f...the girls seem to be ok with that range.
i've got the same exhaust setup as you, 10"max to Can 100, mine isn't very loud at all...does yours necessitate a muffler? or are you just being extra cautious?

i'm also running stadium, ala NF/SensiSamurai, so i'll be watching this from start to finish.

how long did you veg? looks like you topped a couple times?

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Lookin real good man!

i'm running 3k bare too, i have a 4th but my temps aren't staying down, may have to run 3k till the a/c gets ordered. i'm hovering around 78f-82f...the girls seem to be ok with that range.
i've got the same exhaust setup as you, 10"max to Can 100, mine isn't very loud at all...does yours necessitate a muffler? or are you just being extra cautious?

i'm also running stadium, ala NF/SensiSamurai, so i'll be watching this from start to finish.

how long did you veg? looks like you topped a couple times?

Hey man great minds think alike! Nah the exhaust isn't very loud at all, but I need it be extremely quiet, so that's where the muffler comes in. I vegged forever man, i had to take clones off of 4 week flowering plants and they took FOREVER to take off. That's also the reason they look topped, whenever you take clones from flowering plants they branch like crazy. They refer to it as monster cropping here.

Any input you've gotten let me know but so far this setup is kicking ass.