What's new

What does it mean when ur plant has hot pink hairs?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
1 of my plants outdoors in the garden has a few hot pink hairs on the top bud and all d plants just started to flower too.yea.

what makes a plant grow hot pink hairs?

:thank you:for ur info.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Heya cheese :wave: I've had plants throw total pink hairs instead of white, they looked like they had a pink aura around them in the sunshine. I can't tell you why they throw pink hairs, my guess is they are genetically predisposed to do that. Maybe someone else can chime in with some better knowledge on the matter. :biggrin:

igrowone

Veteran
yo cheese, i've seen a few pics of some pink pistilled strains
forget the names now, but there are few

WelderDan

Veteran
I've only seen pink or purple pistils on a few strains. It's a genetic trait. What strain(s) are you running? RM had a strain he called "Kings cross" or something like that. It was noted for it's pink pistils.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Sounds like you have yourself a pheno there that is one sexy bitch.I hope you have clones.If not I would get some.

And I would have to name that pheno "P_ _ _ _".

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It means the ganja fairies are looking down on you :D Really its genetics,, from Afghan to Thailand to Mexico.. several varieties display pink pistils.. it's just another natural wonder :canabis:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
it means that it has pink hairs
this is a dutch treat x hashplant
picture.php

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Genetics cause pink pistils, coloured calyxes is usually genetic although low temps will tend to cause this

There are some well known 'pink' strains, many from NZ tend to have pink pistils

JOJO420

Veteran
Rainbow of colors

Rainbow of colors

I have seen many colors of pistils in my day, pink, red, orange, white, white with a red center,purple, even yellowish colors, just crazy colors in nature i tell ya,lol

secretgarden00

bullshit bullshit is all these people are giving you..............pink pistils is a recessive trait only shown in F2 hybrids its only happens to 25% of f2 ...........the other 75% being the dominant trait!

JOJO420

Veteran
bullshit bullshit is all these people are giving you..............pink pistils is a recessive trait only shown in F2 hybrids its only happens to 25% of f2 ...........the other 75% being the dominant trait!
Please show me info to back up your statement please

I have4 plants all from the same seedline from the same seed run that are f1 and 3 outa 4 show pink pistils. This is right now, in 2010 ,so I call your post BULLSH!T . I also have seen lines that all show colored pistils regardless of F1 or f2 ect. Please show us some proof to your claim.

BagseedSamurai

Please show me info to back up your statement please

I have4 plants all from the same seedline from the same seed run that are f1 and 3 outa 4 show pink pistils. This is right now, in 2010 ,so I call your post BULLSH!T . I also have seen lines that all show colored pistils regardless of F1 or f2 ect. Please show us some proof to your claim.
:laughing:

Punnitt square. Basic genetics.

Proof enough?

Latest posts

Latest posts