What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Dwarf (1st Ever Grow)

snoochieboochie

thats the smaller one still looking nice and healthy ,
its great when you start to get that sweet smell coming through mmmmmmmm
you will be smoking them girls before you know it 8~)

Zeltar

ok heres a question, im only using single cfl bulb, but i have one in the blue range which im using just now, (i know its still a few weeks away) but when should it be switched to the red bulb??

Zeltar

Ok guys ive been a lil distracted, heres a pic update. Now at 21 days from seed, heres my 2 babies.

Please post any feedback and comments you guys have.

Z.

snoochieboochie

the big one has come on good mate funny how far behind the other one is .. to help make the most of the light cover your grow area in tinfoil you can buy reflective sheets from a grow shop but whats the point tinfoil will do mate make the most of the light you have keep em growing mate ...

i have 3 outside that will be ready in a couple of weeks can't wait smoked all the last plant already lol

L

lowrydergrower

Do not use tin foil, tin foil can create hot spots in your grow area. :)

C

CFL_Grow

Yea skip the foil imo. Get some reflectix or panda film. Also i think they are a little small for 3 weeks old even from seed. Is that bulb pulling 125w ?

Zeltar

yeh its 125w, im putting it up to 250w next week when i get paid, also found a 400w red spectrum bulb for flowering so hope to see some improvements, Still my first grow so each stage is a learning process for me lol

blwd67

They aren't that small for 3 weeks I don't think, but what do I know really. They look healthy, and that's all that really matters.

What made you decide to go with the large cfls? I saw them in the garden shop and almost bought one but I got a 150w hps instead (price was too good to pass up). I am currently taking it apart so I can mount it vertical with cool tube.

Good luck man, I am basically on my first grow also, seen my fair share of problems. I totally understand what you mean when you say you can't leave them alone, my ass is in there every couple hours wishing them to grow faster haha

Zeltar

What made you decide to go with the large cfls? I saw them in the garden shop and almost bought one but I got a 150w hps instead (price was too good to pass up). I am currently taking it apart so I can mount it vertical with cool tube.

Price vs space limitations, also stealth was a major issue so my flatmates dont catch on lol

I totally understand what you mean when you say you can't leave them alone, my ass is in there every couple hours wishing them to grow faster haha

Yeah that is the hard part, altho ive found a lil trick to stop me screwing around, i keep a small 500ml bottle of water in there, and a lil daily spritz of around 20ml keeps me from tinkering too much and because its such a small amount then im not over watering, also i water well about once a week so the plant gets enough :p

blwd67

I just come on icmag alot and look at other peoples plants. I also take alot of pictures and sometimes just stare at them haha.

So does that giant cfl just crew into a regular socket? I would totally mount that vertical and grow up around it. My babies are vegging under cfls now.. like 136w of mixed spectrum, but only until I can get that 150 up and running. If you ever feel like movin up to a low watt hid shoot me a pm and check out hoosierdaddy's cab threads. He pretty much got it so you cant see or hear anything outside the cab and temps are like a non issue.

That cfl should be great for these dwarf ladies, I think I missed this part, but are they auto flower?

Zeltar

the bulb screws into an E40 socket so i spent 10quid on a cable and socket for it, and im growing my babies around it rotating them so even distribution of light,

yeah they are an autoflower and produce (well hopefully) large strong skunk like buds so i cant wait, its meant to be an 8 week from seed - harvest so almost at the half way point lol

blwd67

I am thinking I might pick up some autos next time I order. It would be cool to have a couple small plants running always just kind of doing their thing while the others mature.

Do you switch the lights still for flower?

Zeltar

autos will flower regardless of light cycle, so im using a 24hr light. no need to cut to 12/12 but they will still flower in 12/12 if you are having a mixed crop with regular plants so they can be really handy just to throw in and let em go

Zeltar

POTENTIAL PROBLEM!! guys i need some advice, just got a huge fone bill in today so wont be able to buy my 2700K light for another 2 weeks, but my plants are auto and will flower when they are ready to.. will my current bulb be ok in the meantime??

blwd67

I think yes, maybe not ideal but it will work. I thought 6400 was more for veg? I'll be honest I know next to nothing about cfls, though.

Zeltar

yeah 6400 is for veg, thats the one i have in just now, just starting to see lil buds about to flower so need to get the flowering bulb asap lol

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice grow log you got going here. Looking healthy so far and Im sure they will love the new light when you get it for them.

I have 3 WHITE Dwarf Fems going right now under 150w HPS two at day 35 from seed and one at day 30. Already getting super fat and crystally, buds are the best looking and densest I have grown yet. Last grow was with a 400w MH all the way through flowering and the buds were big but airy and super lightweight. I was disappointed...

Anyways, good luck and Ill be checking back every so often to see how they are doing!