What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Dwarf (1st Ever Grow)

Zeltar

Finally decided on a setup and got started, thought id post and let the progress be known, all help and comments welcome guys as im totally new at this.

Lights = GrowKing CFL's (125watt blue spectrum bulb for veg, 250watt red spectrum for flowering stage)

Soil = Organic Potting Soil From Garden Centre

GrowSpace = Wardrobe, 2ftx2.5ft with a height of 4.5 feet (all painted in several layers of highly reflective white paint)

Seeds = Buddah Seeds Red Dwarf, feminised, Autoflowering Breed (got 5 seeds only germinated 3 kept 2 aside)

Ok so I germinated 3 seeds using the paper towel method for 48 hours, when i came to check on them all three had tiny shoots coming out so i planted them in moist soil in small peat pots.

Its been 2 more days, kept the soil moist (not wet) and the light cycle at 24hours!
2 of the plants have small green sprout tips peeking on the soil, But one of them has sprouted with a half inch stem already!!

Plant One

Plant Two

Plant Three

Thats all for now, I'll post some more updates soon, Please feel free to comment as this is my first ever grow.

Cheers

If you want comments I got 2 :)

1st, get the light closer, if you can keep your hand under it (same distance as plant) for 20sec you´re good to go.
2nd, try fixing the bulb vertically, its output/effect on the plants is greater then..... And a reflector would also help. You can make one of a 2-5ltr bottle, divide it in 2 (either horisontally or vertical depending on how the bulb is positioned) spraypaint it white or chrome and you got a cheap reflector..... Better than nothing ;)

Good luck, read alot and you´ll be safe when you start on your 2nd :)

Zeltar

Thanks man, ive lowered the light so its an inch above the tallest plant, hope to see some good results soon,

Ive no idea of what to expect of a yield on these or nothing

snoochieboochie

first grow

first grow

i'm looking forward seeing how you get on i'm on my first grow things were going ok until leaves went yellow hope it goes well for you :tiphat:

Take the yield you get as a bonus, most don´t get a good one 1st time :) You´ll learn so much!!!! If interested take a look at my 10min grow guide that will cover most basics. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181190

Btw, yield is often calculated to 1gram to each Watt, but that is with a 1000w HPS/MH, so have fun and learn, don´t think to much about yield this time! By the 3rd you will get a hang out of it, I know I´m making huge steps (now on my 3rd)

Zeltar

Cheers snoochie, hope you manage to sort out your plants man, Surprised at the rate of change every few hours with this man, Looks different each time i go and check on it

Zeltar

Update

Update

Ok so its day 6, (from seed going in towel) The small peat pots i had were pretty saturated and nearly ready to break down so i planted all 3 plants in 3litre pots and gave the new soil a good watering beforehand and let it drain,

The lil peat pots go straight into the new soil so it gives some food too ive heard,

One of the plants is growing strongest, Ready to sprout its second set of tiny leaves,

One plant is just behind that with its first set just showing,

But the third there has been no change in days :( Hope to see some results with that one soon.

Thanks and comments are welcome as ive so much to learn still lol

Cheers

Zeltar

Ok here are my lil ones at day 8, still nervous as i dont wanna fuck up first time out.
:moon:

Let me know what u guys think

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Yes "Zeltar" i have seen this thread before and if you need any help give me a shout and i will see what i can do for you.
Keep at it mate.
(good luck).

CHRIS.

gavin2511

hello fella, any advice you want or if you have any for me feel free, looks like we have a simular set up but this isnt my first time.

but your doing fine, and i wish i had a 250 for flowering, i want one but gota sneak it past the wife lol!

gavin2511

hello buddy
looks like we may have same sort of set up going on, if you wonna share any info feel free, also i need to get me a 250 bulb past the wife lol!

gavin2511

hello buddy
looks like we may have same sort of set up going on, if you wonna share any info feel free, also i need to get me a 250 bulb past the wife lol!

protoprat

Be careful so you dont burn the plant with nutes. In their seedling stages plants need no extra nutrients. The soil provide all the nutes it need.

Latest posts

Latest posts