What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto files 1st GMO Cannabis patent.

troutman

Seed Whore
That hoax was in 2015. This news is from today.

Regardless, I suspect they're working on it even if it doesn't exist now.

You watch how fast the patents will fly once it's legalized across the nations.

Right on the page:

World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.

Monsanto has not and is not working on any "gmo" marijuana.

I concede that I got taken but if you believe the highlighted then you are being even more naive than I was in believing the article

Do you know how corporations and federal laws work?
Have you read the shareholder documents?
Please tell me where they are doing this "gmo marijuana" testing.

Fear, misinformation, ignorance... all very dangerous.

Satyros

Monsanto belongs to Bayer now.

Most of these "patents" are not real; I don't have the number on me, but it is true, that within the past couple of years, Monsanto or someone like that, applied for an "international" cannabis patent based in Switzerland (I think). Actually, this patent related to all terpene producing plants including cannabis, and was a method to engineer the terpene profile.

Otherwise, to watch for these, I would rely on information from the relevant patent office itself.

...within the past couple of years, Monsanto or someone like that, applied for an "international" cannabis patent based in Switzerland (I think). Actually, this patent related to all terpene producing plants including cannabis, and was a method to engineer the terpene profile.

You are most likely referring to the extraction process patented by Delta Nine Pharma out of Germany.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140248379

A cannabis plant can't be patented.
https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/patent-basics/types-patent-applications/general-information-about-35-usc-161

A process can be patented. An immunization can be patented. A gene modification can be patented. A natural product cannot.

Wait until Monsanto has the only fusarium resistant produce on earth, after their engineered blite kills the planet and corn is grown in space.

Cannabis is natural gmo. Horizontal gene transfer mediated by agrobacterium. And Monsanto is steering the global soil biology, straight to hell.