What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help identify problem with pics

Hey guys i'd be very appreciative of any help and thanks in advance. Can you tell me whats going on with the two plants at the back left? The JH and Blueberry are yellowing slightly at the bottom and I think possibly it might be nitrogen deficiency.

Currently they are in soil under cfl's and I've been giving them 20ml ph adjusted (6.5) water each every three days and no fertiliser yet.

I have this biobizz but not sure how much to give them could anyone give me suggestions on frequency, volume etc?

What would the more experienced gardeners in this situation do?

Athos

We would love to help you, but give us a closer photo of the affected plants / leaves, not enough details can be seen in the one you posted.

Second, there's a sticky called "The Complete Guide to Sick Plants, pH and Pest troubles!" copy and paste the questions and answer them, so we can a more clear picture of what's been going on, what you've been doing so we can better help you diagnose your issue.

Thanks for the input perhaps I wasn't clear it's the lower leaves you can see in the pic the lower leaves on the back two that are yellowing slightly?

Athos

Thanks for the input perhaps I wasn't clear it's the lower leaves you can see in the pic the lower leaves on the back two that are yellowing slightly?

I know, I saw, but you can't really appreciate any details on the leaves. That's what I mean.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76926&pictureid=1847153&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76926&pictureid=1847152&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hey guys i'd be very appreciative of any help and thanks in advance. Can you tell me whats going on with the two plants at the back left? The JH and Blueberry are yellowing slightly at the bottom and I think possibly it might be nitrogen deficiency.

Currently they are in soil under cfl's and I've been giving them 20ml ph adjusted (6.5) water each every three days and no fertiliser yet.

I have this biobizz but not sure how much to give them could anyone give me suggestions on frequency, volume etc?

What would the more experienced gardeners in this situation do?
They need feeding. The tips look very healthy. Also the pH may be a little low for soil - as a rule of thumb, mobile nutrients (NPK, Mg) get locked out at low pH's, trace elements (Fe, Cu, etc.) at high pH's.

I would first feed with a bloom food, which will stimulate the root system (P) better than the best root stimulator, and thicken the stems (K) to increase the plant's metabolism and growth rate. It won't hurt them, and the root growth will allow the plant to find more nutrients in the soil. When the roots are well developed and there are many grow tips, switch to a grow food with more nitrogen (N) like the Biobizz Bio-Grow.

N - Growth
P - Roots and flowering (because flowers require more roots)
K - Stems and branches
Mg - Leaves
Si - Resin
S - Cannabinoids

Most growth happens when the plant goes from seedling to late vegging, less when the flowers blow up and even less when the flowers fatten up. That gives you a good trajectory of when and how much nitrogen is needed throughout the grow.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help guys i've given them a feeding of 2ml Biogrow and 2ml Biobloom per litre and given about 30ml each

G

ganjygav

What soil are you in? Also don't pH adjust for soil. I used to do that and never had happy plants. I ditched my pH pen and plants have loved me for it. Nice and green with none of the issues I had.

I also use biobizz and I feed young plants like that half a ml per litre. Depending what soil you're using 2 ml per litre maybe too strong especially for such young plants.

troutman

Seed Whore
Those bottom leaves will probably be gone by the time you harvest so don't stress too much about them.
The top of the plant is more important. Slightly faded leaves from lack of nutrients are much better than
fried and curling leaves from nutrient burn. So go slow with nutrients and all will be well as going too hard
will cause more damage than good.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thank you for the help guys i've given them a feeding of 2ml Biogrow and 2ml Biobloom per litre and given about 30ml each
I would start feeding them the Biobloom first. When you see roots appearing, switch to the Biobizz Grow. Try 1ml instead of 4 total. There should be enough nutrients in the soil from previous feedings. The high P in the Biobloom will help the roots find them. Also under CFLs, the plant doesn't need as many nutrients as under full sun.

Also don't pH adjust for soil. I used to do that and never had happy plants. I ditched my pH pen and plants have loved me for it. Nice and green with none of the issues I had.
I agree. It is best to have a range of pH's to fall within, rather than adjust the nutrient solution's pH.

What you need to check on in soil is overall pH levels, and around 7.0 is right. Also remember that without extra lime or calcium, nutrients over time will drag down the pH in soil, so it's better to shoot for the high range. And if there is root decay (say from burned roots), then the pH will really start spiraling. That's why enzymes are a good addition.

What soil are you in? Also don't pH adjust for soil. I used to do that and never had happy plants. I ditched my pH pen and plants have loved me for it. Nice and green with none of the issues I had.

I also use biobizz and I feed young plants like that half a ml per litre. Depending what soil you're using 2 ml per litre maybe too strong especially for such young plants.

The soil i'm using is Canna Terra soil. I've abandoned the ph adjusting thank you for the advice my tap water is about 7.2ph.

This is currently how they look after the rather large feeding I did, I
have just given them 30ml each of plain tap water and in another three days or so I will give a light feeding and see how it goes. Thank you also TanzanianMagic I really appreciate the help.

G

ganjygav

The soil i'm using is Canna Terra soil. I've abandoned the ph adjusting thank you for the advice my tap water is about 7.2ph.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76926&pictureid=1848033&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This is currently how they look after the rather large feeding I did, I
have just given them 30ml each of plain tap water and in another three days or so I will give a light feeding and see how it goes. Thank you also TanzanianMagic I really appreciate the help.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76926&pictureid=1848035&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The canna terra soil has plenty of food in it for about 3 or 4 weeks. So once you go into bigger pots don't feed for at least 3 weeks or you will over feed the plants and they will suffer for it.
Its a mistake I made for years lol.

YES your tap water pH is fine. The soil will sweep that down through various levels of the pH range giving the plants access to more minerals from the soil.
One you start using feed that will lower your waters pH down further to between 6.7 and 7.0 which again is perfect for soil.
This is the benefit of using soil it's very simple. Especially with the high brands of soil.

I would recommend using biobizz nutes. You can get away with just using grow and bloom and produce some really nice smelling and tasting buds. I love biobizz.
Find the feed schedule for biobizz and follow that. You can treat canna terra professional the same as biobizz all mix soil so follow the all mix schedule. They have equivalent amounts of food in them or very close anyway.

But again once you put the plants in new pots of soil don't feed for 3 weeks and just water them.
When you do start to feed try half strength for a week at first and then increase it if the plants look happy a week later.
Also with biobizz you have to use grow feed all the way through flower as well. Ive seen a couple of people not do this and get very yellow plants in mid flower.
:comfort:

The canna terra soil has plenty of food in it for about 3 or 4 weeks. So once you go into bigger pots don't feed for at least 3 weeks or you will over feed the plants and they will suffer for it.
Its a mistake I made for years lol.

YES your tap water pH is fine. The soil will sweep that down through various levels of the pH range giving the plants access to more minerals from the soil.
One you start using feed that will lower your waters pH down further to between 6.7 and 7.0 which again is perfect for soil.
This is the benefit of using soil it's very simple. Especially with the high brands of soil.

I would recommend using biobizz nutes. You can get away with just using grow and bloom and produce some really nice smelling and tasting buds. I love biobizz.
Find the feed schedule for biobizz and follow that. You can treat canna terra professional the same as biobizz all mix soil so follow the all mix schedule. They have equivalent amounts of food in them or very close anyway.

But again once you put the plants in new pots of soil don't feed for 3 weeks and just water them.
When you do start to feed try half strength for a week at first and then increase it if the plants look happy a week later.
Also with biobizz you have to use grow feed all the way through flower as well. Ive seen a couple of people not do this and get very yellow plants in mid flower.
:comfort:

Thanks a million Ganjygav I'll follow those tips it makes total sense when you know how I really appreciate the help.

G

ganjygav

Thanks a million Ganjygav I'll follow those tips it makes total sense when you know how I really appreciate the help.

It took me a long time to learn these things.. Too long Infact.
With soil it's only as hard as you make it.
With feed less is more at first. By the time I get to week 5 or 6 of flower I start giving them full amounts of feed. This will keep your plants happy.
Before this time I start half strength and I don't go full strength.
If the schedule says 1ml per litre I give 0.7ml per litre.
Then week 6 bang hit them full strength.

As you can see they are still not looking the healthiest I will give them about 50ml plain water today each and see how they look again in a few day

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76926&pictureid=1848943&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

As you can see they are still not looking the healthiest I will give them about 50ml plain water today each and see how they look again in a few day
Maybe a stronger light source too. So how are they doing?

When in doubt, give them a mild dose of bloom food. 0.2 EC of biobizz bloom, biosevia bloom, etc. The high P will stimulate the roots and make the plant more resilient too.