What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
This was a Sept made to order for me I think I had 2/10 inches of rain all month. I had hose water but if I hadn't would have been a bust. Humidity has been in the 30s. The Bangi's dried In 5 days, way too fast for me. Been a scrambling to get clean and Jared to slow it down some. Filled 21 jars from three clones. The nesting tub had most yield.
I had to chop the 818 she had 20% tan with no sign of cool nights coming. 98 in the shade today I'm misting the floor In the drying room till we get rain. Stalk and all she was about 4 lb so I hope it's 12 jars full. Hardest buds I ever made.
Pop
I ran into a cuz a few weeks ago and he gave me his old rosin press. I plan to cure the popcorn 2 weeks in the jar then learn to make dabs. I have to make a handle and bolt it down.
Happy harvest:pumpkin:

packerfan79

Veteran
Hello Tribe
This was a Sept made to order for me I think I had 2/10 inches of rain all month. I had hose water but if I hadn't would have been a bust. Humidity has been in the 30s. The Bangi's dried In 5 days, way too fast for me. Been a scrambling to get clean and Jared to slow it down some. Filled 21 jars from three clones. The nesting tub had most yield.
I had to chop the 818 she had 20% tan with no sign of cool nights coming. 98 in the shade today I'm misting the floor In the drying room till we get rain. Stalk and all she was about 4 lb so I hope it's 12 jars full. Hardest buds I ever made.
Pop
I ran into a cuz a few weeks ago and he gave me his old rosin press. I plan to cure the popcorn 2 weeks in the jar then learn to make dabs. I have to make a handle and bolt it down.

Hey Rodehazard,

Sounds like a nice pull. Rosin is awesome. I have been making it for a couple years. I like to make hash to press, the quicker the better. The longer you wait to make rosin the darker it gets. Nice fresh bud, or hash makes beautiful rosin. No need to cure the bud.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy,

Just have to check in, watching your Brewers ^8 and facing Strausberg, he is a beast, He played at San Diego State when Tony Gwynn was the manager, was a stud then too.
Your Brew crew is off to good start, nice game so far. Go Brewers!!!
Double for Hiura, oh ya!

Holy Crap, I jinxed em, sorry.
Good afternoon rocker.
Well shit, not much to say about them Brewers this afternoon. There is an air of disappointment in Wisconsin today but I guess it was a fun ride while it lasted. To be honest I didn't think they would be in the position to be in the wild card a month ago they went playing well and were way back in the race. As we know a one game in or out playoff dosent really tell you who the best team is but it's the only way to expand the post season without making it longer. I'm done with baseball for a little while.
What ever happened to that late flowering plant you had?
I hope all is well with you.

Fiddynut

Hello Tribe
Pop

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
I'm glad to hear the good news about your nice weather and harvest. You are having much better weather than we have been, at least for growing weed. It's been another wet fall so far and, while it had been relatively warm untill today, the temps here are about to take a dive with highs in the 50's next couple days. Maybe some of the cool weather will make it down your way before too long.

rocker

Fiddy,

Baseball can be cruel, I was at game 5 of the Angels V Red Sox in 1985, up three games to one. Gene Mauch pulls our best starting pitcher and brings in a sore armed reliever, gives up tying HR, bullpen collapses in extra's, Angels lose next two games and Sox go on to lose to Mets in the Buckner world series.

My best friends Grandparents had season tickets, I went to 40 games and every playoff game, we were just a few outs from the World Series, Gene Autry was still the owner, 90 something, broke his heart and all of our too.
Anyway, that game last night left me with the same empty feeling, watching the ball skip by the right fielder who had no errors all year, talk about a gut punch. So sorry my friend, better luck next year.

As or my late blooming Guns & Gas, she is in flower and here is a pic from a couple weeks back. Ill get more soon.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening friends!
hope everyone is having a great start to their fall season
we ended up pulling down the blanc jacques last friday
they could have gone a little longer but we had a problem with bugs and hte forcast called for rain on sat; the places where they were compromised would have been great spots for the damp to get in and it would have only resulted in more lost bud
i need to get on my friend because we took pics before we cut thm but he still hasent emails me the pics
the mrs is right about not wanting to make a career out of photography if its a hobby she really enjoys
weddings are a great way to make money, but they are the most stressful as well
/ive shot a few and swore to never do it again
hopefully your plants will slow their drying down and you can get a nice cure on them rode'
so how would you discribe the smells and overall look of your harvest
it looks like you will be pulling down some weight so you should have plenty of grade A tops to smoke and a bunch of popcorn and trim to play with
a rosen press is awesome brother! i have been toying with the idea myself of learning how to make my own
i used the girls hot iron for hair once and it came out pretty good but it was nothing you could scale up
ive actually smoked some of our man p'fans rosen and i will tell you brother he knows what hes talking about
stuff turned my wig around and then some
im used to smoking good bud and fresh hash but that was a whole nuther level for sure!
plus we smoked a shit ton of it for the first time
/thanks for the hook up my friend!

tomorrow is thursday and the rams play the seahawks
im going to say this is a must win for the rams and then really need to step thier game up
lets keep on kicking ass fellas and finish this week off strong!

Rodehazrd

Hey Rodehazard,

Sounds like a nice pull. Rosin is awesome. I have been making it for a couple years. I like to make hash to press, the quicker the better. The longer you wait to make rosin the darker it gets. Nice fresh bud, or hash makes beautiful rosin. No need to cure the bud.
Thanks pfan
The bangi is a strange one she really has very little taste or smell till it's had a sweat cure. I'm itching to try the press. I plan to put a wet towel in the jar to bring up moisture before pressing. I do have some 818 hanging 2 days now I could try. That's where most of my rosin will be I think the bangi won't yield much. How long do you keep it? I need a dab rig maybe one of the kids will hook me up. Seems like a lot of folks have gone back to joints leaving a lot of dab gear in the closet.
As soon as the 818 dries and is trimmed I'll have time to play with the press. I plan to bleach the rooms and nuke the mites as soon as it's empty of drying buds. I still found some on my lbl mom in the veg room. Neem knocks them down but not out. I need a new plan. Sulfur burner? Quit going in without changing clothes? Dump clones In favor of more seeds? There's for sure a lot of bleach in my future.
:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Fiddy,

Baseball can be cruel, I was at game 5 of the Angels V Red Sox in 1985, up three games to one. Gene Mauch pulls our best starting pitcher and brings in a sore armed reliever, gives up tying HR, bullpen collapses in extra's, Angels lose next two games and Sox go on to lose to Mets in the Buckner world series.

My best friends Grandparents had season tickets, I went to 40 games and every playoff game, we were just a few outs from the World Series, Gene Autry was still the owner, 90 something, broke his heart and all of our too.
Anyway, that game last night left me with the same empty feeling, watching the ball skip by the right fielder who had no errors all year, talk about a gut punch. So sorry my friend, better luck next year.

As or my late blooming Guns & Gas, she is in flower and here is a pic from a couple weeks back. Ill get more soon.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80817&pictureid=1975364&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80817&pictureid=1975365&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Good afternoon rocker.
You are so right about baseball being a cruel game sometimes. Having the lead late felt good and we had our best pitcher in ther to finish things but not to be. It's too bad but it's only a game and it was a good ride. The Brewers had every opportunity to win some games and take the devision which would have gotten us into a best of 5 series and they didn't get it done so you end up in a one game play in and it's a coin flip.
Your GandG girl sure is taking her time! I hope she puts out some great bud for you brother!

Fiddynut

happening friends!
hope everyone is having a great start to their fall season
we ended up pulling down the blanc jacques last friday
they could have gone a little longer but we had a problem with bugs and hte forcast called for rain on sat; the places where they were compromised would have been great spots for the damp to get in and it would have only resulted in more lost bud
i need to get on my friend because we took pics before we cut thm but he still hasent emails me the pics
the mrs is right about not wanting to make a career out of photography if its a hobby she really enjoys
weddings are a great way to make money, but they are the most stressful as well
/ive shot a few and swore to never do it again
hopefully your plants will slow their drying down and you can get a nice cure on them rode'
so how would you discribe the smells and overall look of your harvest
it looks like you will be pulling down some weight so you should have plenty of grade A tops to smoke and a bunch of popcorn and trim to play with
a rosen press is awesome brother! i have been toying with the idea myself of learning how to make my own
i used the girls hot iron for hair once and it came out pretty good but it was nothing you could scale up
ive actually smoked some of our man p'fans rosen and i will tell you brother he knows what hes talking about
stuff turned my wig around and then some
im used to smoking good bud and fresh hash but that was a whole nuther level for sure!
plus we smoked a shit ton of it for the first time
/thanks for the hook up my friend!

tomorrow is thursday and the rams play the seahawks
im going to say this is a must win for the rams and then really need to step thier game up
lets keep on kicking ass fellas and finish this week off strong!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
How do you think your harvest went? I hope you get a bunch of jars of premo buds brother! That sounds like a good call to take them down before the rain comes. Did you loose much to the bugs?
Yea it's got to be tough to make a living as a photographer. It might be fun to get a gig for national geographic magazine or something, and a great way to travel but I'm sure those jobs are few and far between. I can see why you wouldn't want to do weddings. It's a lot of work and people can be crabby on their wedding day. Too much pressure. No thanks.
Now that I don't have baseball to distract me I can tune into that football game tonigh. I'll be pulling for the Rams, the Seahawks arnt a very popular team in Wisconsin due to history with the packers.

Fiddynut

Thanks pfan
The bangi is a strange one she really has very little taste or smell till it's had a sweat cure. I'm itching to try the press. I plan to put a wet towel in the jar to bring up moisture before pressing. I do have some 818 hanging 2 days now I could try. That's where most of my rosin will be I think the bangi won't yield much. How long do you keep it? I need a dab rig maybe one of the kids will hook me up. Seems like a lot of folks have gone back to joints leaving a lot of dab gear in the closet.
As soon as the 818 dries and is trimmed I'll have time to play with the press. I plan to bleach the rooms and nuke the mites as soon as it's empty of drying buds. I still found some on my lbl mom in the veg room. Neem knocks them down but not out. I need a new plan. Sulfur burner? Quit going in without changing clothes? Dump clones In favor of more seeds? There's for sure a lot of bleach in my future.
I wish I had some way to help with your mite problems but I'm completely lacking in experience. I've read that some mites can be almost impossible to get rid of. Do you ever use those "no pest strips" I've heard about? What about moving the plants out and bug bombing the room? It's a shed not a living area right? I wish I had more advise for you brother.

Rodehazrd

I wish I had some way to help with your mite problems but I'm completely lacking in experience. I've read that some mites can be almost impossible to get rid of. Do you ever use those "no pest strips" I've heard about? What about moving the plants out and bug bombing the room? It's a shed not a living area right? I wish I had more advise for you brother.

Thanks Fiddy
I have been rereading the mite threads and plan to clean and paint both rooms and move the wall between them to give a little more flower room. I will dip the clones in a 16-1 vinegar wash twice then rinse and move them to the flower room. I had some sliding mirror doors in there which I have scrapped. I could't keep the track clean or get behind it very well to clean. I do use the pest strips but they have limits. Hopefully after the cleaning they will be enough.
Its time to look at how many strains to keep in veg. I have BangiXOaxacan and Goji f2's I want to look through so something has to go. I think I can find everything in seed again except the LBL X Skunk. It yields low but I like the taste. Of course it has mites.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
@pop_rocks. How did you like that game last night buddy? I watched the first half and it was one of the most action packed games I've seen in a long time. Maybe it's just me but those Seahawks uniforms were some of the ugliest I've ever seen.
I haven't forgotten about the corned beef recipes but haven't thought of them when I'm home and can have a peak at my books but I'll get that up this weekend for sure brother. I hope all is well!

Thanks Fiddy
I have been rereading the mite threads and plan to clean and paint both rooms and move the wall between them to give a little more flower room. I will dip the clones in a 16-1 vinegar wash twice then rinse and move them to the flower room. I had some sliding mirror doors in there which I have scrapped. I could't keep the track clean or get behind it very well to clean. I do use the pest strips but they have limits. Hopefully after the cleaning they will be enough.
Its time to look at how many strains to keep in veg. I have BangiXOaxacan and Goji f2's I want to look through so something has to go. I think I can find everything in seed again except the LBL X Skunk. It yields low but I like the taste. Of course it has mites.

It sounds like you've got a good plan and just have to keep working to wipe those little bastards out. Keep working hard and you will be rewarded!
Have a great weekend brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks Fiddy

Hey Rodehazard,

I used neem oil to kick my mite problem years back. If you spray every 3 days for 3 weeks you should be rid of mites. It's easiest to go down to just clones of the plants you want to keep. Makes it much easier than trying to spay a bunch of big plants.

I used dr. Doom's fogger once a week for the 3 weeks, along with bleaching the room weekly. The key is to catch the hatching mite babies before they are sexually mature and can reproduce.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
the rams game against hawks' was a great game but we came up just a little short at teh end
/actually wide right
there were a bunch of great plays from both teams but in the end we missed it by that much
im getting on my friends ass about sending pics but he is totally lagging
i stopped by his house last night before he left for a trip and we took some new pics but he still has not sent them
we are enjoying the fresh bud even if it isnt completely finished
its just dry enough to smoke and has that bright green flavor and a good taste
the high is super fun
the obilisk plant is looking great and definitely raising a stink
you could smell her as soon as i walked out into his back yard and looks like she is about two/three weeks out
me and the mrs will be spending some time cleaning out the indoor room and im hoping to fire up the lights before the end of the month
no worries about the recipe and im sure you will post it up when you get a chance
have a great weekend brother and i hope you are enjoying the fall season so far

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happenin guys! hope everyone is starting their weekend off on the right note
my friend totally came through with pics
we got these pics of the blanc jacques before we took them down last weekend
here is plant 1
she was the taller of the two and has a nice little tickle in the nose to her smoke

picture.php

View image in gallery

this is her sister, a little shorter but they she yeilded about the same
/personally, i like the compact size

its kind of early to estimate dry weights but it looks like each plant will give about 2-3o of prime and a little more larf/trim
there wasnt a lot of popcorn on these girls which is nice, they were all about the tops
there arent a whole lot of leafs in the buds too so the trim job looks pretty quick
i feel like this could have easily gone another week or two but in the end im pretty happy with my smoke
im going to give it another week or so before i start toking on the nicer buds but im smoking up some of the smaller tops right now
oh, i almost forgot, we have a third plant
the obilisk; the name fits and she is a grower
a nice tall collum,she looks like shes going to fill in a nice fat top bud

this one definitely smells the strongest of the three, i noticed a heavy dank as soon as i walked out into his back yard
the fun thing about these plants is that we kind of let them do their thing
my friend did a great job taking care of the girls but we took a hands off approach
all we gave them was a 5g bucket of good dirt and some water,the rest was all them
normally i would amend their feedings and add a flower blend nutrient; but i wanted to see how these girls would perform on their own
two thumbs up on these gals

packerfan79

Veteran
happenin guys! hope everyone is starting their weekend off on the right note
my friend totally came through with pics
we got these pics of the blanc jacques before we took them down last weekend
here is plant 1
she was the taller of the two and has a nice little tickle in the nose to her smoke

this is her sister, a little shorter but they she yeilded about the same
/personally, i like the compact size

its kind of early to estimate dry weights but it looks like each plant will give about 2-3o of prime and a little more larf/trim
there wasnt a lot of popcorn on these girls which is nice, they were all about the tops
there arent a whole lot of leafs in the buds too so the trim job looks pretty quick
i feel like this could have easily gone another week or two but in the end im pretty happy with my smoke
im going to give it another week or so before i start toking on the nicer buds but im smoking up some of the smaller tops right now
oh, i almost forgot, we have a third plant
the obilisk; the name fits and she is a grower
a nice tall collum,she looks like shes going to fill in a nice fat top bud

this one definitely smells the strongest of the three, i noticed a heavy dank as soon as i walked out into his back yard
the fun thing about these plants is that we kind of let them do their thing
my friend did a great job taking care of the girls but we took a hands off approach
all we gave them was a 5g bucket of good dirt and some water,the rest was all them
normally i would amend their feedings and add a flower blend nutrient; but i wanted to see how these girls would perform on their own
two thumbs up on these gals

Well Pop Rocks,

It seems you and your buddy made those autos shine. I bet with an enhanced soil. they would have been massive. I have been thinking about giving mephisto autos a try. they have a great reputation, I figured I can grow them in the veg area. Probably just one or two at a time. Something to add to the stash.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Happy Monday y'all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start. I was busy in the jungle this weekend adding the support steaks to my CL's and GB's in flower end of week 3 and taking GB clones for the next round. This weekend went by in a flash and I can't believe it's Monday already. It's been wet and rainy here but was finally dry yesterday so I got a good motorcycle ride in because it was still to wet for mountain biking and disc golf.

@Packerfan. That sounds like a good strategy for getting rid of pests. I'm glad it worked for you and I hope this helps 'Rode.

@Badfishy. Good thinking-fight fire with fire.

@pop_rocks. That Thursday night game was a good one. I didn't watch a lot of football on Sunday but I caught the second half of the packer game and it was entertaining as well. I don't remember ever having a performance by a running back in Green Bay like that. Not sure if the packers looked good or if Dallas just looked bad. A win is a win though and I'll take it.
I'm glad you are happy with your harvest and the taste of the buds! I know what you mean about that fresh taste of new bud and I like it too. Two or three oz per plant is a great harvest. The obilsik looks like she is going to be a beast! Keep up the great work brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

Happy Monday y'all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start. I was busy in the jungle this weekend adding the support steaks to my CL's and GB's in flower end of week 3 and taking GB clones for the next round. This weekend went by in a flash and I can't believe it's Monday already. It's been wet and rainy here but was finally dry yesterday so I got a good motorcycle ride in because it was still to wet for mountain biking and disc golf.

@Packerfan. That sounds like a good strategy for getting rid of pests. I'm glad it worked for you and I hope this helps 'Rode.

@Badfishy. Good thinking-fight fire with fire.

@pop_rocks. That Thursday night game was a good one. I didn't watch a lot of football on Sunday but I caught the second half of the packer game and it was entertaining as well. I don't remember ever having a performance by a running back in Green Bay like that. Not sure if the packers looked good or if Dallas just looked bad. A win is a win though and I'll take it.
I'm glad you are happy with your harvest and the taste of the buds! I know what you mean about that fresh taste of new bud and I like it too. Two or three oz per plant is a great harvest. The obilsik looks like she is going to be a beast! Keep up the great work brother!

Man Fiddynuts,

You missed a great first half of the Packers game. It's nice to see the defense, and running game improving greatly. My supervisor at work is a cowboys fan. I pulled out my green bay wallet and pointed at the G, he says what a dick. Lol. Gotta love it. Let's hope the pack can stay healthy and make a good run st the playoffs.
:dance013:

Cannavore

Veteran
Predatory mites ftw...

Spray micronized sulfur first for awhile.. once every 2-3 days for 1-2 weeks, clean much of the sulfur residue off the plants, then release the hounds.

Don't use neem (& probably other oils) when using the sulfur. It'll ruin the plants.