What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Re-Veg info?

Dankwolf

Its too early to scrap them and the days are getting longer. I'd let them reveg naturally then tidy them up and let them flower late summer as normal. I'd want some extra source of light though at dusk, just to make sure.

I still agree 100%

But I reveg my girls after 2 week shoot every year . but I still don't know much .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Looks like I found reveg growth on my furthest along flowering plant today, appeared to be about 2 weeks into flowering. Other 2 plants same strain started 2 weeks later from seed just barely started flowering and should revert quickly. Can follow progress of the 3 plants in my outdoor thread to see how they turn out.

picture.php

CrushnYuba

Dankwolf grows nice plants that he "revedges"... But i don't think they really get all that far into flower. Maybe he can share some pictures how far he lets his plants get into flower. I think what he calls revege, some of us consider normal seedling growing. I don't think his plants actually start developing buds. I crack seeds in feb all the time under natural light. During April and May, the plants are pretty sexually mature (3-4 months) and the days are pretty short. They don't start stacking buds. They could get a little extra stretch to then in early may. I think it's just a difference in terminology based on how he had described it. If he shared some pictures, it would help.

Even if it's not a difference in terminology, and dank wolfs plants truly reveg... It's playing with fire. It could work for him, but many of us that grow large plants consider early flowering the kiss of death.

Dankwolf

Dankwolf grows nice plants that he "revedges"... But i don't think they really get all that far into flower. Maybe he can share some pictures how far he lets his plants get into flower. I think what he calls revege, some of us consider normal seedling growing. I don't think his plants actually start developing buds. I crack seeds in feb all the time under natural light. During April and May, the plants are pretty sexually mature (3-4 months) and the days are pretty short. They don't start stacking buds. They could get a little extra stretch to then in early may. I think it's just a difference in terminology based on how he had described it. If he shared some pictures, it would help.

Even if it's not a difference in terminology, and dank wolfs plants truly reveg... It's playing with fire. It could work for him, but many of us that grow large plants consider early flowering the kiss of death.

Your right about not letting them actually grow flowers. All my out door plants are clones . never seed . I prefer to test them inside first and if they do well then I take a clone in preparation for out side .I have not ran a seed plant outside ever . I would,like to some,day .

When I say reveg I meen 100 % that the hours in the day when I throw plants out causes them to try and flower ( cuase and effect ). 2 weeks or so then they revert fully to veg growth due to the amount of day light per day . its also partially the fact they are clones veging under 24 on inside when I throw them out .

I will try and get pic s . I am working out of state at moment but I will try . the goal,of the is to get them to stretch twice in one season . I take,my out door clones around end if February - mid March . the rest is explianded or detailed in my out door thread .

If I ran seeds out side the plants would likely be 10%- 25% biger and,likely flower 10%-20% longer :tiphat:

Dankwolf

Plants that are 3-4 weeks of flower like Ibechillin's are to far along to complete reveg and flower again . his in picture above will likely have issues and end up throwing a ton of 1 and 3 finger leafs and have some huge airy bud sites . it all time,for the strian your running .

I believe half the big plant growers don't even realize what there doing as far as the timing they throw plants out . they are essentially getting pre flower stretch early in the season then again late in the season . you may only see white hairs and notice a loss of fingers on leafs by two fingers right when you throw them out (if running clones ). If you run seeds you will Likely not even notice this event .

Check your Farmers Almanac before you . say something you might regret. Then again it all depends on lattitude . my math says the 43.5 is the golden zone for big plants . no I will not explain why at moment .
Any one,intrested in big plants should be studying light,hours and moon phase if you truly want to play .

St. Phatty

attachment.php

I had 2 seedling plants side by side.

Both went outdoors about a month ago. Thought they would start flowering.

One of them did - but she started reverting to veg.

The other one didn't even bother with flowering, just sprouted a few pistils and started stretching a la proper veg.

You can see both in the picture. The flowering seedling in front, the veg. seedling showing a few branches in the background.

I moved the flowering seedling to a different deck where it gets fewer hours of light. She was supposed to provide some bud medicine but her cycles have been thrown off ... plant hormones !!

Anyway, just an example of the Roulette involved in spring flowering. 2 different plants with the same light go 2 different paths.

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_114848_+_b_.jpg
    IMG_20190514_114848_+_b_.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 25

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Heck I gave the ones Ive transplanted that's borderline of flowering some Hormex. It's got that B1 vitamin so hopefully it helps out.

Dankwolf

No foot,in,mouth here..............

No foot,in,mouth here..............

Outdoor stretching / first pre flower.
In second photo it is vary evident of the flower . yes they will fully reveg .
I have issues typing with big fingers and I don't give a flying f about it . so here's to the truth ...:tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php

If you think I am bullshiting . yup what now?????
:biggrin:

Or do you think some thing else i ment .

Let me,guess this is a,plant showing sex . um no .,mynplants have no auto bull .or semi auto stuff . all real photoperiod cannabis .just in case the format does not support zoom .
picture.php

CrushnYuba

Dankwolf: i never thought you were bullshitting.. I just wanted to understand what you meant. I wanted to know if it was a difference in terminology or if you really let your plants reveg in the definition that i consider. To me that is not flowering. I just don't see a flowering plant in those pictures. I think of reveg growth as a plant that flowers, stops growing and then starts popping multiple shoots out of one node.

I don't see what is flowering about that plant. Is it the pistils?
Here is a do-si-do that is under 24hr light right now. What date do you kill supplemental lighting to your plants? I can lol it up on the daylight table too see if it's equivalent to When i kill lighting
0525192013.jpg

Dankwolf

Dankwolf: i never thought you were bullshitting.. I just wanted to understand what you meant. I wanted to know if it was a difference in terminology or if you really let your plants reveg in the definition that i consider. To me that is not flowering. I just don't see a flowering plant in those pictures. I think of reveg growth as a plant that flowers, stops growing and then starts popping multiple shoots out of one node.

I don't see what is flowering about that plant. Is it the pistils?
Here is a do-si-do that is under 24hr light right now. What date do you kill supplemental lighting to your plants? I can lol it up on the daylight table too see if it's equivalent to When i kill lighting
View Image

The plants pictured above show,no,pistols in 24 hour light .my plants go,from,inside,under a 400 hos 24 on . thennplanted directly out side on or around the end of April (45th ). This year I was a bit late at may 3rd plants seem to have stayed smaller due to the late planting .
I am not using any supplemental lighting .

I can see how,most would not consuder this a reveg . but that is whats napping hormone wise . I apologize . I got a little defensive . :tiphat:

Just a quick pop in and to say, my plants bounced back from buds to leaves and are getting huge and very healthy, Now if they don't hermi I am golden