What's new

White leaves in 4 days?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Anybody seen this? Moved the plants outside on saturday, getting some weird ass white leaves today 4 days later. I got a soil test but I rushed to put the plants in before I received the results, might have been a mistake. I'm vaguely thinking magnesium deficiency, but that completely white leaf and the really blotchy one don't look like a deficiency as much as they got sprayed with something caustic. Plus 4 days seems kind of fast for a magnesium deficiency. More info, this might have been a progressive thing, I can only check on them every few days. It was suggested it's sunburn and to get a shade up over them.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Moved the plants outside on saturday
I would say bleaching.

The remedy for plants getting sun damage or being put outside getting burned, is horticultural fleece. Plants love it, it also dissipates the light in a way they like.

s-l1600.jpg

Other than that, they like enough magnesium and an evenly moist soil - think 0.5 cm of hemp bedding mulch to slow evaporation - that has enough water in it and will evaporate water in the heat of the day. You can direct evaporation by pulling back the bedding around the plant.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks very much! I'm gonna try to get a sunshade up tomorrow, no place local seems to carry anything useful but I will figure something out.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Anybody seen this? Moved the plants outside on saturday, getting some weird ass white leaves today 4 days later. I got a soil test but I rushed to put the plants in before I received the results, might have been a mistake. I'm vaguely thinking magnesium deficiency, but that completely white leaf and the really blotchy one don't look like a deficiency as much as they got sprayed with something caustic. Plus 4 days seems kind of fast for a magnesium deficiency. More info, this might have been a progressive thing, I can only check on them every few days. It was suggested it's sunburn and to get a shade up over them.
View Image View Image View Image View Image
Is that a Michael Jackson pheno?

troutman

Seed Whore
I know what it is. Been there before. It's Sun Bleaching. :tiphat:

Your plant(s) wasn't well hardened off and the sun is too strong and bleaching it.

Solution: Next time place your plants in the shade for one entire week and it won't happen.