What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Could heavy rain ruin a plant's potency?

Treevly

I had a 6-foot White Cookies plant last year which was hit by a pounding rain-storm two days before harvest, harvest date being fixed for security reasons. The plant looked good with good crystal, and after a day, it had picked itself up and looked good again. The problem was that the stuff was absolutely useless smoke. I'm wondering if a half hour of pounding rain 2 days before harvest could negatively affect the content. Could the crystal have been beaten up? I thought that it looked OK.
Thanks

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Probably just a weak potency pheno or improperly dried and cured, my Blue Cheese outdoor plant in 2017 was rained on constantly all through flower and went through like 3-4 freezes and snow storms, was still plenty covered in crystal, stinky and potent smoke after harvest/dry/cure. Cannabinoids arent water soluble but terpenes are.

Dog Star

Veteran
Doesnt need to mean those.. maybe you simply haved bad pheno..

plants full of resin doesnt grant you have superweed genetics in your hands..

no matter from what genetics they come,there is a good,bad and ugly in
every line that exists in todays canna market..

not some huge number of lines that gives constant quality no matter on phenotip..
same is with potency...

maybe inside those line exist super keepers but on your bad luck you get plant
that is not such optimum like best between them..

also if you give them all time water plants tend to be of less potency..
if they fight for water and growing stronger root systhem,if there plants
are lived to suffer a bit from non watering then they tend to be stronger
and give better potency bud..

Dog Star

Veteran
Probably just a weak potency pheno or improperly dried and cured, my Blue Cheese outdoor plant in 2017 was rained on constantly all through flower and went through like 3-4 freezes and snow storms, was still plenty covered in crystal, stinky and potent smoke after harvest/dry/cure. Cannabinoids arent water soluble but terpenes are.

LOL Ibechilin... same thoughts bro and posts in almost same time..

:)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I had a 6-foot White Cookies plant last year which was hit by a pounding rain-storm two days before harvest, harvest date being fixed for security reasons. The plant looked good with good crystal, and after a day, it had picked itself up and looked good again. The problem was that the stuff was absolutely useless smoke. I'm wondering if a half hour of pounding rain 2 days before harvest could negatively affect the content. Could the crystal have been beaten up? I thought that it looked OK.
Thanks

Your eyes only see the outside ;)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the answers here are interesting lol

if you are growing in soil and the microbiological activity meets with floods it could make for different conditions (anaerobic for example) which change microbial commodity will effect nutrient accessibility and even potentiate vectors albiet two days before harvest isn't' much time for derogation in soil

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

if you are growing in soil and the microbiological activity meets with floods it could make for different conditions (anaerobic for example) which change microbial commodity will effect nutrient accessibility and even potentiate vectors albiet two days before harvest isn't' much time for derogation in soil
:laughing: LOL :laughing: That hurt my head :dance013:

G

I had a plant swept away in a flood once. Stood it back up and shook it off. Great smoke

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Soil can be very “ forgiving “ :tiphat:,,,s2

St. Phatty

I had a plant swept away in a flood once. Stood it back up and shook it off. Great smoke

I planted in a flood zone once.

It also was a national park-ish area.

There was an article in the paper about a "big raid" busting a grow op (in the same exact location) and "getting a hundred plants".

They got 3 Indica's.

The rest of my plants survived.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
St. Phatty sounds like the eradication crew was cool with weed and just reported along the required channels the dirty deed had been done, reminds me of drug testing technicians that pass urine anaylsis with weed in them as clean.