What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue dream, long and very thin bud development

organicdoctor

Hi fellow growers,

Im currently growing Humboldts Blue dream and Green crack and theyre in 50L pots with organic soil from Biobiz, did not give any kind of nutrients yet until yesterday because they were almost burning after repotting from only the soil. I have growed sativas like g13 haze before but never saw such long and skinny bud development like this blue dream before and want to check with you if that is normal. The green crack looks more normal but its also more skunk in these buds, but the blue dream looks like a pure sativa almost with these thin and long bud development. What do you guys think, that it will fatten up later or i did something wrong on the way? Please tell me what you think of it. Im afraid i will have a very poor yield and im using 2 600w hps :yoinks:

Sorry for the poor images, its hard to take proper ones of the bushes in the hps light but here they come.

Attachments

• bluedream1.jpg
    bluedream1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 22
  • bluedream 2.jpg
    bluedream 2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 25
  • bluedream 3.jpg
    bluedream 3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23
  • bluedream 4.jpg
    bluedream 4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
  • green crack 1.jpg
    green crack 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 25

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Insufficient lumens:when you see veg leaf with only 3 tips light it's insufficient ... Lamp to high or old bulb or bad quality bulb.
I see also overfertilized plants:too N blocks the flowering

theJointedOne

Veteran
Hi fellow growers,

Im currently growing Humboldts Blue dream and Green crack and theyre in 50L pots with organic soil from Biobiz, did not give any kind of nutrients yet until yesterday because they were almost burning after repotting from only the soil. I have growed sativas like g13 haze before but never saw such long and skinny bud development like this blue dream before and want to check with you if that is normal. The green crack looks more normal but its also more skunk in these buds, but the blue dream looks like a pure sativa almost with these thin and long bud development. What do you guys think, that it will fatten up later or i did something wrong on the way? Please tell me what you think of it. Im afraid i will have a very poor yield and im using 2 600w hps :yoinks:

Sorry for the poor images, its hard to take proper ones of the bushes in the hps light but here they come.

Plants are looking great. The dna of Blue Dream is very complex, but there is Super silver haze in there, which can express itself as a long flowering, tall thin blade plant. Your buds look like they will develop fine, you will just have to be a bit more patient but my guess is those colas of blue dream will be really quality weed, just a bit longer flowering time and they look like they will get even taller. But dont let it get you down, they look right on cue so far.

Insufficient lumens:when you see veg leaf with only 3 tips light it's insufficient ... Lamp to high or old bulb or bad quality bulb.

The number of blades on leaves correlates directly with the plants flowering cycle. As a plant grows from seed in veg mode, the number of blades goes up from 1 to 3 5 7 9 etc...when you start to flower the number of blades per leaf goes down from 9 7 5 3 etc as the plant goes through flowering stretch and bud formation

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
pic 3 and 4 are at the ceiling by the looks of things. It seems these girls haven't been topped/fimed, redirecting the energy laterally. Extremely hard to grow a Sat dom plant that has traits >78" and a stretch between 100-200% to fit a 72' tent without LST or scroging.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP

The number of blades on leaves correlates directly with the plants flowering cycle. As a plant grows from seed in veg mode, the number of blades goes up from 1 to 3 5 7 9 etc...when you start to flower the number of blades per leaf goes down from 9 7 5 3 etc as the plant goes through flowering stretch and bud formation

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Plants are looking great. The dna of Blue Dream is very complex, but there is Super silver haze in there, which can express itself as a long flowering, tall thin blade plant. Your buds look like they will develop fine, you will just have to be a bit more patient but my guess is those colas of blue dream will be really quality weed, just a bit longer flowering time and they look like they will get even taller. But dont let it get you down, they look right on cue so far.

Ive wrote "veg leafs" : the leafs from the vegetative stage.also the internode distance show a light problem.

organicdoctor

How long did you veg them? What kind of trg if any did you give them? I'll be doing a Bd soon :)

Actually i did veg them a bit longer than i should have, about one month but i didnt expect them to be so much of sativas since they are half blueberry but i was wrong, so now its really hard to keep them not too close to the light even if i use cooltubes. So a tip for you is not to do the same misstake when you start yours, if you dont have a really high growroom. :)

organicdoctor

One of the lamps might be, beause its a bit old, the other one is brand new, dont think they suffer from light insufficent since i have two 600w wich is a little too close, trying to fix it without breaking any stems.

And about the overfertilize, i have no idea how its even possible because i never gave them any until yesterday, they was burning only from the soil a little bit after being repotted 3 weeks from planting and blue dream is supposed to be resistant to a lot of nutrients.:confused:

organicdoctor

Thanks for the positive comment, i hope youre right, and for sure it will be world class flowers, it alredy smells like a tangy mango mixed with some sour fruit candy :biggrin:

Its the first time i grow these strains, if i do it again i will be more prepared for sure of how they behave, maybe i take a clone from the best blue dream and the best and strongest green crack aswell:peacock:

organicdoctor

pic 3 and 4 are at the ceiling by the looks of things. It seems these girls haven't been topped/fimed, redirecting the energy laterally. Extremely hard to grow a Sat dom plant that has traits >78" and a stretch between 100-200% to fit a 72' tent without LST or scroging.

They have been fimed twice actually so there is a lot of buds in there, but i was a little late with repotting so wanted to let them grow a bit too long to get some roots in the new pots before flowering. But yes you are right, they are not easy to handle because of that :laughing:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks for the positive comment, i hope youre right, and for sure it will be world class flowers, it alredy smells like a tangy mango mixed with some sour fruit candy :biggrin:

Its the first time i grow these strains, if i do it again i will be more prepared for sure of how they behave, maybe i take a clone from the best blue dream and the best and strongest green crack aswell:peacock:
How big is your tent? 15gal is a lot of pot for indoors.