What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Milk Bhang Thandai [non-dairy]

PDX Dopesmoker

Bhang has become a habit of mine lately and I shared some with one of my patients, she enjoyed it & said it helped her sleep off her post surgical pain some & she asked me to make her a non-dairy batch if possible. So I gave it a try, I looked around the non-dairy section at the grocery store for whichever variety had the highest fat content. Low and behold if it wasn't Mary Jane herself who was queen of that aisle! I found a brand of hemp milk with 8g of fat per 240ml, same as whole milk and purchased & brought it home for the rest of the routine to make it into a beverage. 2 hours ago I gave 8 oz of the batch a try for a morning position of near total sobriety & empty stomach, it does the trick for sure, probably about 1000mg THC in that bottle, but the color sure isn't pretty. On the bright side, look at all that fiber! Yes cannabis certainly makes a healthy drink. I used palm sugar, cinnamon, clove, ginger & cardamom for some additional flavoring. All of the THC that remained in the saturated plant material was dedicated to Shiva.
Anyway, I know everyone here already knows how to make this stuff, but I hadn't seen it done with hemp milk before & I just wanted to point that out. It has better shelf life this way too.

zH4zC1R.jpg

BigNoise

If I wasn't restricted by plant limits I'd grow a plot of herb just for hemp seed.

I do want to try making this though. Does it taste horchata-ish?

PDX Dopesmoker

If I wasn't restricted by plant limits I'd grow a plot of herb just for hemp seed.

I do want to try making this though. Does it taste horchata-ish?

Yes, horchata is a pretty good comparison. And I agree on plant limits being annoying, I'd much rather have a wider variety of smaller plants.