What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the Police/Nanny State that is Canada

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Can I cannabis? The rules around pot at Manitoba campgrounds May long weekend

It’s the first spring of legal pot and you’re headed to the campground this weekend.

So are you allowed to smoke cannabis in the great outdoors?

The short answer is no. For this weekend, anyway.

“The smoking and vapor product Control Act prohibits the smoking or vaping of cannabis in public outdoor places including parks and in provincial parks,” said Elizabeth Ostroff, manager of recreation and education services for parks and campgrounds in Manitoba.

“There’s an additional regulation that prohibits the smoking and vaping of cannabis on a camp site.

“So, therefore, unlike in a national park, we have additional regulations in provincial park campgrounds that prohibit the smoking of cannabis on a camp site, unlike alcohol that can be contained in a cup. Smoke carries.”
All right, so no cannabis on the beach, in the forest, in the park or at your provincial park campsite.

However, you can drink alcohol and smoke tobacco at your provincial park campsite. Normally, you’re not allowed to on long weekends, but that was lifted in 2018 and there were no major incidents, said Ostroff, so once again there is no ban.

But what if you’re heading to Riding Mountain National Park? Being a federally-run campground and park, the rules are a little different.

Riding Mountain has an alcohol ban this weekend, as well as a cannabis ban everywhere, confirmed a spokesperson for Parks Canada.

However, after the long weekend, those are both lifted.

Here’s the point form version, then, for May 17-20, 2019 in Manitoba:

*Provincial parks: Alcohol and tobacco OK for campsites only. No cannabis allowed anywhere

*Riding Mountain National Park: No alcohol or cannabis allowed anywhere. Tobacco OK for campsites

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/5288844/can-i-cannabis-the-rules-around-pot-at-manitoba-campgrounds-may-long-weekend/

RMS

:smoweed:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
i would imagine it would be pretty hard to enforce if one was being discreet...
Everybody is having problems with free pratique. Discretion is the better part of valor. I do however object that booze and tobacco are allowed. Give it a couple of years folks and allow things to normalize :)

P

psilocybevybe

roll and pass around joints of damiana to everyone , sit in groups spread apart..keep looking around like your'e a bit parry, then..

soon come da fuzz...
great distraction for the piggies, whilst you take a few bong hits from the safety of another huddle)

makes them excited too..an adrenaline rush(their drug of choice)

win win

screw the nanny state.
I will be found wandering western Canada once again this summer spreading the green.
I'll be leaving small plants/rooted clones everywhere I travel.
Sometimes I sit in the RV sipping my fresh timmies watching total strangers discover and then sneak away with the green treasures I leave like little easter eggs waiting to be found and given a new home.
I like leaving rooted clones on those drive thru speakers, they usually get taken home pretty fast. The looks on peoples faces is priceless :)

spread the green far and wide , fuck the establishment

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Here are the rules for all:

Cannabis use at Parks Canada places

In Ontario:

• Public use (including day-use areas): Allowed
  • Registered Parks Canada campsites: Allowed
  • Campground common areas: Not allowed
  • Backcountry: Allowed
  • Trails: Allowed
  • Playgrounds: Not allowed - no smoking or vaping within 20 meters of a playground

blastfrompast

Veteran
No exception for med patients either..

Should be interesting the first time a med patient gets booted and he/she challenges.

I have a parapalegic patient who can't ingest edibles....vape only....Soooo tempting to bring him to a park just to get him booted....to see his fam loose their shit and file an infamous human rights complaint. If tobacco smoke is allowed...vape should be...

Latest posts

Latest posts