What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bay area sativa exchange?

Breadwizard

It seems the closest you can find (in the bay area dispensaries at least) is Blue Dream, or Super Lemon Haze.

I'd love to get a hold of an old SSH or Nevil's Haze cutting, or old heirlooms like Big Sur Holy, but seems like there's really not much on offer, or I haven't been able to find it

Lyfespan

It seems the closest you can find (in the bay area dispensaries at least) is Blue Dream, or Super Lemon Haze.

I'd love to get a hold of an old SSH or Nevil's Haze cutting, or old heirlooms like Big Sur Holy, but seems like there's really not much on offer, or I haven't been able to find it

thats why we hunt our own phenos of everything

rather find my own sativas..sourcing through someold Satori beans right now:tiphat:

Hempy McNoodle

I would love it if we had a bay area sativa exchange. I am so sick of the tiny selection of genetics we have here. Pretty much just four or five indica hybrid strains that nobody can tell apart anymore..
We need old school sativas so bad out here. I thought I was the only one who felt that way, lol.

P

psilocybevybe

come on down to the land of oz we are saturated with satties....:) he he geographically a perfect environment for full genetic expression

gotta say did some truthband 707 this year(from the us) and yea..its a lovely sativa expression, with a beautiful headspace and passionfruit flavours

so some good sativas must exist in the us while we all get our shite together and preserve

Last edited:

I wood

Why not buy some sativa seeds and grow those out? Find you own keeper.

That works for me here in Michigan.
Shelf full of sativa variety the people who I grow for aren’t interest in.
I also would have thought California would have lots of sativa around, probably does just not commercially.
You are better off starting your own seed anyways, that way you know what you got. I have grown many gifted or purchased pure “sativa” cuts only to wind up with another boring polyhybrid leaning towards indica.

Hempy McNoodle

Well, as for me, I recently ran a seed crop of my favorite indoor sativa and have roughly 7,000 seeds. So I think I'm set. I also have a bunch of seeds (projects) stored to keep me busy over the next few years. I'm limited to a 2'×4' closet though. Still some kind of "sativa exchange" would be fantastic. I'd be very interested. A way to swap herb, charas, seeds. Maybe this thread could function as such via private messaging. I don't think I can private message yet because I'm new.

noknees

Well, as for me, I recently ran a seed crop of my favorite indoor sativa and have roughly 7,000 seeds. So I think I'm set. I also have a bunch of seeds (projects) stored to keep me busy over the next few years. I'm limited to a 2'×4' closet though. Still some kind of "sativa exchange" would be fantastic. I'd be very interested. A way to swap herb, charas, seeds. Maybe this thread could function as such via private messaging. I don't think I can private message yet because I'm new.

you're onto something. don't doubt yourself.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I'm growing some Pineapple Thai this year and yes, I'm in Commiefornia.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
few are growing sativa commercially... why grow a plant that will take 2x or 3x as long to flower.... unless u can charge 2 or 3x more $$$... and we know thats not happening..

SolarLogos

When you get 50 posts, shoot me a PM. I'm in your area and am only interested in pure sativa's as well. Right now, I'm growing Vermontman's Purple Satellite (79 Oaxaca SkullF--- x Nepalese), Honduran x Panama, Nevil's Haze x Panama and Old Timers Haze. Everything is from Ace seeds. Check out my albums if you want and we can talk after your 50 posts if you are interested.
Peace, God bless

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
When you get 50 posts, shoot me a PM. I'm in your area and am only interested in pure sativa's as well. Right now, I'm growing Vermontman's Purple Satellite (79 Oaxaca SkullF--- x Nepalese), Honduran x Panama, Nevil's Haze x Panama and Old Timers Haze. Everything is from Ace seeds. Check out my albums if you want and we can talk after your 50 posts if you are interested.
Peace, God bless

Are you really happy with the Ace Seeds gear? Have you found them to be a reliable company that stands by its products?

SolarLogos

Are you really happy with the Ace Seeds gear? Have you found them to be a reliable company that stands by its products?
Absolutely. Other than some Mexican I brought in myself and a few clones from friends, I have only been growing Ace gear the last couple years.

I'm close friends with the owner and budtenders at our local dispensary. I haven't found anything they sell that I would smoke a second time. Yet, they love me because they all say I'm the only place to get good smoke. That says a lot. Most my old friends say things like, trip back in time, or I never thought I would ever be able to get this high again, etc. Especially my artist friends, who use cannabis for inspiration, can only find it in certain sativa's I've grown.
I'm not trying to sell anyone on Ace, but I've only had good experiences and thus, can only say good things about my experiences.

Luis is very polite, prompt and helpful answering emails. Ace seem genuinely interested in our satisfaction as both growers and customers. I've grown more than a few of their strains and everything so far has exceeded my expectations.
Dubi is very supportive and as the breeder of most of their strains, he is very knowledgeable and his advise is invaluable to most who have never grown these strains or tropical sativas. When you get to know him, you can't help but admire his character.

Based on my experiences, yes they are reliable and I am very happy with the genetics and reliability so far.
Hope that helps.
Peace, God bless

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

i have bought a few of ace's offerings.... their customer service is A1... are all their seeds pure sativa's.... not contaminated with some indica - that i can;t say