What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRINITY NORCAL

I still have to say that the best weed i ever smoked was some west coast TRINITY i got. I have only smoked it a couple times since and it was awhile ago. Is this strain still around? I sure hope so............................

Any thoughts?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few years ago a buddy of mine claimed to have a cut. Of course, since then he's gone legit. :rolleyes:

A few years back I got some stuff from my sister in collage. She said that the friend she got it from told her it was trinity. After some research I found out that it was from the D9 project which is out of Kansas. I asked her where her friend was from and she said “Kansas” so it all matched up. I was also given a shit load of seeds because her friend was a hippy type and was moving far away after school ended. It was some of the best stuff I’ve ever smoked….It made me want to be social (I’m not a very social person to start with) with my neighbors I don’t know. I had to close down my grow a few years (3) back so I really didn’t get to grow to much of it. I tried to germinate some of seeds a few months back but out of 12 only 2 grew and only 1 lived. I’m in the process of sexing it…..i hope to god it’s a female but if not I’m going to try to breed it with a bag seed female I’ve been growing for the last year.

G

Here's a few pics of a Trinity I sourced locally (not Kansas)...It grows slowly at first in veg, will produce 1 large central lead or several smaller tops....profile is very squat...from what I can see and smell it looks like an afghan/widow hyrbid or something....doesn't herm out @ all...done in just under 60 days...the smoke chills you right the fuck out, but the flavor leaves something to be desired...almost bland, but there are dark cherry/afghani/"Berk"~esque undertones in it...

...Jason King's description in C1 says that it is the ultimate ''roadkill skunk'', although there is a heavy dank smell to this it is certainly not the roadkill skunk in my mind...it does however have ASS-loads of trichs....

...This weed honestly reminds me a lot of the Berk (fairly potent, but not enuff flave for me)...The Berk himself has said that his "Berk(s)" are super skunky to him, would I be right in saying that Jason King's idea of roadkill skunk is different from everyone else's?

...this "trinity" is easily as frosty as the one pictured in C1....I'll post up an almost finished plant and some dried nugs shots soon here...

*1 other thing that could be used as an i.d feature is the smallest leaves on a fan (the ones closest to the base) seem to turn backwards towards the stem, I'll post a pic so u know what I'm talking about...

G

Oh also...I've confirmed from 2 seperate people (who were originally from Kansas) that this is our at least sounds identical to the Kansas Trinity...

...now can any1 tell me if the KS trinity is the real deal (and Jason Kings idea of roadkill skunk isn't what mine is)? And if the KS trinity isn't the real deal, who the fuck started passing this cut around as the real deal?

Does anyone have a trinity mom to compare to/has anyone grown the real one b4 and can comment on similarities..?

G

I believe trinity came from trinity county in cali? Not Kansas.

GCG

G

Hmm, how did Kansas get involved in a Norcal Trinity thread :chin: I believe the poster is talking about one of the clone only's that came from Trinity. I've smoked it a few times, I like it. Nice and potent, some great stuff come from the forgotten county in the triangle.

G

i got some NLxTrinity beans from a club in Oaksterdam. i think they might still have them.

G

ive tried (not grown only smoked) a few trinities before and they all had similar nice dank smells, but were by no means, in my mind, roadkill. some people i guess think if it stinks through your pocket its roadkill. NOOO!! roadkill means that rank ass smell that fills the car when youre driving down small backcountry roads and a whiff that reminds you of that good old roadkill weed.

Nspecta

Veteran
romulator said:
Oh also...I've confirmed from 2 seperate people (who were originally from Kansas) that this is our at least sounds identical to the Kansas Trinity...

...now can any1 tell me if the KS trinity is the real deal (and Jason Kings idea of roadkill skunk isn't what mine is)? And if the KS trinity isn't the real deal, who the fuck started passing this cut around as the real deal?

Does anyone have a trinity mom to compare to/has anyone grown the real one b4 and can comment on similarities..?

rom~ While I haven't personally grown "Trinity"...I am aware of several 'defining' characteristics of it...tha main one being, extremely short, stubby stigmas...which clearly your cut doesn't have...

Tha Kansas Trinity...from tha D9 project...was, I believe...tha PNW Trinity cut crossed with Skunk #1...

...wish I could be more help.

IGT

G

....thank the both of you for your input, my intent was only to show a local cut that is being passed around as "Trinity"...sorry if I took the thread off track with my discussion :)

*If it is a Trin x Sk#1 they chose an EXTREMELY mellow flavored one... like a bad pheno of white rhino that is hyper bland in the flavor dept.

MrDank

Veteran
From my experiences, I would bet the Trinity pictured in the Cannabible is the Kansas Trinity. Every single batch of Trinity I saw in KS was identical to the one in Cannabible.

...now, if Rom saves a nice nugget of his Trinity for me, I might be able to tell him if it's the KS version or not.

BUT, back to the original subject, yes, I think Trinity did actually originate in CA and was brought to KS in a tray of clones

Thanks for all the info on trinity....I had a hard time finding any. All my info came from an internet search and there was little of it. It's nice to know where trinity came from. The one that I have is rather tall compared to the IndyVictory (good strain…a real knock out) that is extremely short (unless you LST it).

Truth

HAH! Trinity is the SHIT. very funky fruity aroma... dense thick nuggest...bright orange hairs...I just so happen to have picked some up a couple of months ago, purple trinity....remember, it is a clone only strain. So if you get a hold of some, cherish it. I believe this is outdoor, and it is a bit leafy.. but still very very fine cannabis. It is also pressed, which is very unusual for me to see.

166341-7.jpg

-
166341-10.jpg

very good smoke, all around buzz, kind of smells a bit like blueberry.
very strong penetrating aroma.

Last edited:
I believe this is the norcal version of trinity. i have yet to run it in to flower, but had the pleasure of seeing it in its full beauty about a week away from getting cut and it is absolutely amazing. so many crystal and the smell; unreal.

the structure on this looks messed up since i have cut clones of her but left untouched it is the perfect plant. like a mini x-mas tree with perfect spacing and growth.

G

Keep us posted on her Hazey. I'd love to see this one spread around more ;)