What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liberal social media censorship

armedoldhippy

Veteran
There is a strong case for self protection according to the video I watched which his lawyer put together. I don't really care what you think about the situation to be honest.

oh, so the only thing you believe is what his defense attorney has clipped together? good luck ever getting on a jury, lol...:bigeye:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It happens to me all the time, violated the Facebook community standards or some shit like that. Just make a backup account with a different email account and keep going they can't really do shit to stop you. I have 4 different accounts that I jump around on.

and how many names do you post under on here? doesn't it get confusing when trying to give yourself rep points under different names? LOL!:bigeye:

Absolem

It happens to me all the time, violated the Facebook community standards or some shit like that. Just make a backup account with a different email account and keep going they can't really do shit to stop you. I have 4 different accounts that I jump around on.

You must lead a pretty sad life if the only stuff you post on FB is political and gets flagged.

'Boogieman'

You must lead a pretty sad life if the only stuff you post on FB is political and gets flagged.

I don't post much about politics on my main facebook page. Mostly music and pictures of jobs I have done. Some political pages block you from discussion so you have to start a new account.

Cannavore

Veteran
Qf8y06d.jpg

DwoT96m.jpg

that left wing media

X

xavier7995

Hey...I was thinking about folks talking music earlier. Not new, but its British so new to many of us. Some dude called akala absolutely destroying "fire in the booth." It doesn't sound like an actual freestyle, but the guy goes so damn hard on topics that matter I find it heartwarming. Its the best thing I have heard in a few years. His actual albums are not that good, gave it a whirl but the beats he uses on albums really don't jibe with me, a bit too EDM or something.

https://youtu.be/Kbk5qNH9Jgg

Edit: and to bring it around censorship, boy, if you aren't rapping about big stupid chains, cars, bitches, and other shit poor people consider rich...it sure is hard to get on the radio.

jjonahjameson

Since we know that the Russian dossier came from a Russian agent then by your logic Hillary, the DNC, and the FBI colluded with Russia to take down President Trump.
That's a farcical argument.
I see what you're implying about a Dossier given tRump's opposition. But it's a false equivalency.

On one hand:
The allegations from the Democrats against tRump colluding with Russia is proven and more evidence accumulates almost daily. The stuff said in the Dossier are being borne out as fact.

On the other hand:
The stuff the Cult of 45 is pumping out has NO basis in fact, and no one has credible evidence to offer. But bless their little hearts for trying to push that boulder up the hill. It's funny to watch, except it's potentially catastrophic.

No one wanted (then*) to "take down" that Orange Fascist buffoon. There is no coup, there is no illegal effort to remove him. They tried via impeachment and we know how that went. So there is no equivalency to your argument.

I will say, how the information is gleaned is important, you're right about that. I do understand the appearance of impropriety regarding the Dossier and therefore had always been skeptical.
However, all things being equal (dirty tricks on both sides, while not equal, are equally prevalent), let's just look at the facts and move on. The collusion and the wholesale embrace of the Putin-esque worldview by tRump and failed company shows collusion and bad intent.
He has done enough to crater the nation, sully our collective morality, and has abdicated any sense of an American ideal. We are a nation of idiots and callous bullies, and he's been the one on the lead donkey waving his damn idiot flag. We didn't need a dossier to tell us.

We should move on. It's largely immaterial now anyway. We all knew, we all saw what he was and what he would be. There's no gloating to have diagrammed what his actions would be. Firstly, he told us along the way. Secondly, he told us along the way.

It's you fellas that are still enamored with the conspiracies that are beyond belief. But you keep pressing them.
I'm thinking that for many of you that must have been a great relief to be able to move beyond 20 years of 9/11 conspiracies to something new. Q is a godsend in that regard.

----------
*Now: Everyone wants to take him down. He's insane, and he's dangerous, and his cult is even more so.

'Boogieman'

The stuff said in the Dossier are being borne out as fact.

I had to stop right there, that's not even close to true. The FBI already admitted that the Russian dossier was all bullshit made up by a suspected Russian spy who was investigated by the FBI for over ten years for suspected spying on behalf of Russia. Nothing in the Russian dossier has came out as fact and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

White Beard

I find it comforting that print media has taken to calling the 'newscasters' on MSM 'actors', which they are! :bigeye:

I appreciate the honesty. ;)
I’ve always preferred ‘spokesmodels’ - like Ronald Reagan or Anita Bryant, for example; really quite accurate and specific.

Truth to tell, though, Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Carlson, etc. are ‘actors’ in the exact sense you use the word.

regardless of media form you want to use, the truth does not change. if you want the freedom to broadcast nonsense, start your own site & go for it. that way, you get to make the rules.
That’s how the Brietbart group has always done things, though I haven’t really been back since Andrew died: I seriously doubt anything has improved since then.

can't (and don't need to) prove negative. chump is flinging bullshit in all directions hoping to forestall his sinking into the morass. if that large a % of americans get their news from social media, i think it is important to keep from misinforming folks. use facts, not allegations...and social media is not exactly a wellspring of truth.:bigeye:
The problems arise when opinions get touted as news: “news” is kind of a special category all its own, and carries expectations of accuracy and accountability. An exception that ‘proves the rule’ is Fox News, which *IS* almost entirely OPINION: their actual news content doesn’t differ appreciably from other actual news, whether it’s Chris Wallace, or Shep Smith doing the presenting.

Which is why I said I'm going to assume it's true.
And here’s where your problems begin: “LaptopGate” isn’t news, but it *is* a story - a story you *choose* to believe without evidence of any kind. Kinda puts you in the weeds from the get-go, but you’ll do whatever you do....

Honest question, were you upset when Russia allegedly influenced the 2016 election with fake stories?
I’m still “upset” about the dismissal of so much evidence of it, but yes: I’m guessing you chose to believe their BS, like you believe in LaptopGate

So you can understand that what Facebook and Twitter does has major influence on our elections correct?
...and what they don’t do - they certainly have an effect on opinion about candidates; I mean, listen to yourself, you’re soaking in it

Russian collusion has been debunked, it's over with.
It’s been derided, it’s been challenged, it’s been lots of things, but it has NOT been debunked - instead, what’s been debunked is the notion that ‘patriots’ like you simply DO NOT CARE.

The Hunter Biden allegations have not been debunked and that is a fact.
Not debunked, that’s true - but they are entirely specious: that is to say, tall tales with no evidence of anything so far...but then again, we know you’ve CHOSEN to believe it’s true...which puts it in the category of faith - which is “belief without evidence”.

Maybe your problem with social media is a religious difference, not political.

Indeed....

Gry

I’ve always preferred ‘spokesmodels’ - like Ronald Reagan or Anita Bryant, for example; really quite accurate and specific.

Truth to tell, though, Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Carlson, etc. are ‘actors’ in the exact sense you use the word.

That’s how the Brietbart group has always done things, though I haven’t really been back since Andrew died: I seriously doubt anything has improved since then.

The problems arise when opinions get touted as news: “news” is kind of a special category all its own, and carries expectations of accuracy and accountability. An exception that ‘proves the rule’ is Fox News, which *IS* almost entirely OPINION: their actual news content doesn’t differ appreciably from other actual news, whether it’s Chris Wallace, or Shep Smith doing the presenting.

And here’s where your problems begin: “LaptopGate” isn’t news, but it *is* a story - a story you *choose* to believe without evidence of any kind. Kinda puts you in the weeds from the get-go, but you’ll do whatever you do....

Honest question, were you upset when Russia allegedly influenced the 2016 election with fake stories?
I’m still “upset” about the dismissal of so much evidence of it, but yes: I’m guessing you chose to believe their BS, like you believe in LaptopGate

...and what they don’t do - they certainly have an effect on opinion about candidates; I mean, listen to yourself, you’re soaking in it
Spokesmodels !

Cannavore

Veteran
Russians collude with the US govt.

So do the Israelis and the Saudis and other govt's because the US govt is a giant for sale corporation that is willing to do the bidding of foreign oligarchs, domestic oligarchs, governments, corporations, whatever. Remember when Netanyahu audio tapes leaked showing how he bragged that he was able to directly change Trump's mind on policy (the Iran deal). Hell, Netanyahu addressed US congress in 2015 because he was invited by the Right to do so.

The US financially supports 70% of the world's dictatorships. The continent of South America has basically been the CIA's playground for the past 100 years, overthrowing democratically elected leaders and installing dictators who promise to fork over the resources to the US corporations.

Russian election interference is the biggest crock of shit ever. It was straight up amplified by the DNC as a way to save face and hold onto power within the party.

'Boogieman'

[

It’s been derided, it’s been challenged, it’s been lots of things, but it has NOT been debunked - instead, what’s been debunked is the notion that ‘patriots’ like you simply DO NOT CARE.

The Hunter Biden allegations have not been debunked and that is a fact.
Not debunked, that’s true - but they are entirely specious: that is to say, tall tales with no evidence of anything so far...but then again, we know you’ve CHOSEN to believe it’s true...which puts it in the category of faith - which is “belief without evidence”.

Maybe your problem with social media is a religious difference, not political.

Indeed....

Turns out Democrats were right about Russian collusion the whole time, they just had the wrong target. I'm going to ignore most of your incoherent rambling and get to the point. The FBI and DNC colluded with Russia to bring down Donald Trump on the very same allegations they are guilty of.

White Beard

Thought this belonged here:
Facebook Ads Targeting White-Supremacy Groups
Earlier this week, The Intercept was able to select “white genocide conspiracy theory” as a pre-defined “detailed targeting” criterion on the social network to promote two articles to an interest group that Facebook pegged at 168,000 users large and defined as “people who have expressed an interest or like pages related to White genocide conspiracy theory.” The paid promotion was approved by Facebook’s advertising wing.

X

xavier7995

I was thinking about something earlier. I wonder what the turning point was in terms of other countries trying to influence our elections vs private rich folks attempting it. Sure we still have the wealthy powerful individuals and companies pushing their influence, but not to the extent we once did. The specific thing that got me going was "the business plot" to try and overthrow FDR. I can't see any individuals or even a group of companies being able to pull this off in modern times, but countries now can.

Man...what I am trying to say is super unclear. Bad post! I was trying to build upon what cannavore was saying.

'Boogieman'

Spokesmodels !

Not really sure what you are rambling about but it's definitely irrelevant. Your posts are basically just disgruntled Incoherent ramblings.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You sound just like your Dear Leader.

It's interesting to see how both of you just dismiss anything that doesn't fit your scheme.

Who's to say which and who's words are relevant?

Take a look at the amendment right in front of your precious one.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I find it comforting that print media has taken to calling the 'newscasters' on MSM 'actors', which they are! :bigeye:

I appreciate the honesty. ;)

...... as are Mika and Joe and Don Lemmon!;) :laughing:

Brother Nature

Categorically false.

There are literally thousands of footnotes and evidence spread all over books and articles that point to collusion with Russia.

If you want to argue the merit of the "help" or if it's even a big deal (I think it is) then that's fine. But we must see what's in front of us.

You said on page 1 of this thread: "nobody will change my mind."
So I'm not going to try. I'll just interject that this quoted statement is false.

There was, and is, collusion. There are just too many examples and too much evidence to credibly argue against that point.

And regarding Hunter, they have not been debunked is a really slippery argument considering the burden of proof that these "allegations" are true just doesn't pass the most basic of smell tests.
Burden of proof is on the accusers, the ones who put forth the allegations. They can not.

Simple as that.

One more point on the Russian connection.
We know they have troll farms. Fact.
We know they actively use online attacks to undermine liberal democracies.

This whole false equivalence of Russia Collusion = "Libtard" Soros arguments are disingenuous and outright false.
Soros funds are given to implement change, not force it by sabotage.
GRU funds and efforts are given to implement change by sabotage.

And finally, to flood the zone with bullshit, as Bannon likes to say, is a tried and true mechanism. If Russia is involved (and it is) and we keep hearing Jan from Brady brunch saying "Russia, Russia, Russia" with eyerolls, it can (and does) make people question their premise - even as they are correct. This is a key point of propaganda warfare. And it behooves us to think critically and not let this constant attack from many angles fatigue us.

You can yell all you like that we're equivocating, that we're insane, that we don't have a grasp of the actual facts. But you'd be wrong.

So in closing, not trying to change your minds, it's already clear they're not moving to accept any new information or arguments. I am simply speaking to the people who are using their critical faculties to ascertain the truth. You're not alone, you're not crazy, and this is a powerful attack on truth which in turn attacks the very concepts and foundations of liberalism, progressivism, and democratic norms.
Don't fall for the subterfuge and weak arguments and straw men. Save your energies for those willing to engage in rational discussion.
:deadhorse

Hmm, interesting that people still believe in 'russiagate' when Shawn Henry himself stated CrowdStrike actually had no 'concrete' proof. If you don't believe me, read the mans testimony, I have linked it below. Here's a quote from page 32 for those who won't read it:

"MR. HENRY: counsel just reminded me that, as it relates to the DNC' we have indicators that data was exfiltrated. we did not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated."

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/sh21.pdf

Here's a couple other articles examining the truthfulness of "Russiagate", not written by trump supporters;

http://patricklawrence.us/shades-co...acker-conspiracy-deflect-blame-email-scandal/

https://www.realclearinvestigations...d_no_proof_of_russian_hack_of_dnc_123596.html

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/10/07/ray-mcgovern-trump-orders-russiagate-documents-declassified/