What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
A while back, Karma G shared some amazing genetics with me. I started a couple of the Bandaid Haze #7 x A5 Haze fems - to see what surfaced. [Cuban Black Haze x (A5/Thai)] x A5.

One plant - reminded me of an early 90's NL5/Haze pheno from DrLongBottom called Stu. Had the same sweet fruity/gummy smell. It had my attention for a bit and the sibling was left neglected in less than 1/2 gallon of soil. Months passed.

I went for a trip to attend an event and ended up chilling with PiffCoastFarms who was kind enough to share some of his Cuban Black Haze, NYC Piff and NYC Brown Haze samples with me. In part, it confirmed what I was afraid of, my #cannavixen is a true haze head through and through. It resonates with her.

I have smoked hazes. I have smoked sativas. I've smoked blue dream and always called it mersh. I smoked Santa Cruz Blue Dream grown by gmanwho and became pretty much an instant fan. You could taste the haze. The effects were artistic. Visual.

However, smoking these legendary NYC hazes - really gave me some massive perspective. The Cuban will make your legs wobbly but is more of a social up. The Brown is up but more introspective and very long lasting. The high is visual and in the eyes, making colors pop and things brighter, but the high is a bit muddy - not quite as lofty and has a bit more body to it if compared to the Piff. The Piff - has an absolutely crystal clear high. The clearest effect of any cannabis I've ever smoked. VERY interesting. VERY different. I get and understand now, WHY - there is such legend around these plants.

But what I also learned and recognized instantly when sampling these plants - was I had a plant at home that on a stem rub, smelled EXACTLY like these legends and I was really messing up not keeping it in prime health. The BH7/A5 plant I'm holding has a serious maxxxed out piff haze note - but it is underscored by a notable carroty spice - not a sweetness. More of a coastal windblown alfalfa spice / woodiness as a lingering 2nd/3rd note. I've been nursing this plant back to health. I ALMOST lost her - just because I wasn't paying attention.

She's recovering from root rot and being massively root bound for far too long - but she is giving fresh healthy new growth. When she's healthy again, I'll have to show her off properly. Stay tuned...seems I'll be growing more haze in the future.

dank.Frank

I too went to an event and met JJ piff and a few others I did get the Corey cut from JJ but I let it die while I was on vacation I also snagged the so cal master from piff and so cal blue dream I’m vegging them back to health now almost lost those on vacation also

I might have a joint or two left from piff he had a few diff hazes and blessed me with some after I grabbed the clones ..

what I came to say tho is I been tryna tell people for years puff ain’t a strain it’s more so a combination of factors in a hAze so if it checks all the boxes it’s piff but not all haze is piff .. u can’t call sub par haze piff

my favorite kind of haze is the earthy Spicy incense kind .. usually that’s nevs haze and or hybrids

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	9F8FBE8D-AFD6-4B25-A910-A091F9532BC7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	17924427
Click image for larger version  Name:	9F8FBE8D-AFD6-4B25-A910-A091F9532BC7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	17924427
Mex haze x o. Haze/skunk#1
finishing up under led.
Germinated the first week of February
Still need to put up Mylar lol

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I too went to an event and met JJ piff and a few others I did get the Corey cut from JJ but I let it die while I was on vacation I also snagged the so cal master from piff and so cal blue dream I’m vegging them back to health now almost lost those on vacation also

I might have a joint or two left from piff he had a few diff hazes and blessed me with some after I grabbed the clones ..

what I came to say tho is I been tryna tell people for years puff ain’t a strain it’s more so a combination of factors in a hAze so if it checks all the boxes it’s piff but not all haze is piff .. u can’t call sub par haze piff

my favorite kind of haze is the earthy Spicy incense kind .. usually that’s nevs haze and or hybrids

Sounds like we run in similar circles...lol!

I'm waiting for Piff to get back from his vacation then we gonna do some talking...I'd agree with what you are saying, in a broad sense. However, I DO think, that such a plant, must be HIGHLY uncommon - and I'd imagine, what has been called Piff for all these years, even if a term for top shelf haze broadly, likely refers to a specific plant - as well - NOT that it is THE Piff - but has been kept and grown and produced as such for long enough to be recognized as such, independent of anything else.

For that reason, I did give the BH7/A5 pheno I have been neglecting - more attention and did get her back into shape, because on a stem rub and early calyxes - she has all the right notes. It's THAT apparent. Her flower must have the potential to be epic. (she has not been flowered out yet, but that will change - to clarify)

dank.Frank

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	865ABDEE-FA4E-411C-B1E4-83F95AA46C8A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	17924477
Click image for larger version  Name:	865ABDEE-FA4E-411C-B1E4-83F95AA46C8A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	17924477
O. Haze/love potion x o. Haze/skunk#1 making f2s
Have another female but she isn’t as far into flowering. When she is I will throw her in here too.

Bmac1

Veteran
So I chopped the GMO out of the tent this morning leaving just the 2 haze plants at 13 weeks down. I noticed that one of the branches on the C5/Mango x C5/Mango that had flopped over was actually dead and just about dry.

They are looking good and have a bit more space now. I'll let them go another week is the plan but I will reassess after this coming weekend.

Sweet! Smoke test time.

20210823_090840.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I chopped the GMO out of the tent this morning leaving just the 2 haze plants at 13 weeks down. I noticed that one of the branches on the C5/Mango x C5/Mango that had flopped over was actually dead and just about dry.

They are looking good and have a bit more space now. I'll let them go another week is the plan but I will reassess after this coming weekend.

Sweet! Smoke test time.

Enjoy that!:flowers2:

Bmac1

Veteran
I've been smoking some pretty indica heavy plants for a while now so its nice to have a fog free buzz.

Its super smooth already and has that incense note in the air. It still has to fully dry though and have about a month in the jars before ill give a full flavor and smell review but its looking good so far.

funkyhorse

Z99 Aussie heirloom
Girl 1 is the tallest and their number is according to their height. It is the less branchy with big internode space
Z99 1 (2).jpeg
OG Kush ( San Fernando Valley) f3 day 71 of 12/12. Another monster Who said Kush don't yield?????

Girl 2
Z99 2.jpeg
Z99 2 (2).jpeg

Girl 3 is the less resinous so far
Z99 3.jpeg

Girl 4, the shortest one
Z99 4.jpeg

Girl 5 in the greenhouse is well behind her sisters indoors
Have a nice week everybody

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Sweet! Smoke test time.

well that was a bonus bmac,
decent looking bud too man ,
now you can get a good idea where things are at in there i guess ,
hard to beat aromatic smoke , it usually translates into nice complex highs ,
things should be better now the fog has cleared , hahaha ..

Sub24ox7

F7C33D5F-50CD-4D1A-AA8B-7D6EFB9E8197.jpeg
C88C483C-0D0B-4B8C-8EAD-FC67DDD6FB83.jpeg
560FEEB7-65CA-4615-8116-B51418499CD4.jpeg
So I went to dump some more dirt in my dirt pile and noticed a stump I threw in there regrew and then I looked closer and see a volunteer(a seed got in there somehow lol.

Sub24ox7

8C1C0425-D758-42BA-8DC9-E4F90C13D56C.jpeg
So these big nasty caterpillar I found eating leaves with a vengence. I have pulled one off of every plant that was outside on concrete in the day for only a couple hours midday. Fuck global warming, I didn’t use to see so many pests! I pulled a shovel out of the ground yesterday and it had two! Tobacco worms on it! I am getting a netted in area next year!

Sub24ox7

I have a special place in my heart for turtles and tortoises. I ALWAYS stop on the road to save them. Sometimes it’s not good and disheartening how people just don’t care or pay attention. Always saving red ear sliders and box turtles. Last month there was huge soft shelled turtle in the middle of the road and I had to stop a car from hitting it. When it moved though they are the fastest turtle I have ever seen on land.
The sulcata I raised from an egg he is almost 6 years old and still growing( he weighs 50 lbs already.) he follows me around like a dog.
I have two snakes and 6 cats and a budgie lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts