What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

stealth sealed room for own consume

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello unnamedmike hope things are well for you been a while since i looked in been a bit busy lately so thought i would look in take care and keep up the good work..

unnamedmike

Hello unnamedmike hope things are well for you been a while since i looked in been a bit busy lately so thought i would look in take care and keep up the good work..

Hey darksider :tiphat: hope things are well for you. I have a pest in my growing spaces, and it keeps me very entertained ... https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...840941-the-endless-thread-part-2#post17849570

I bought an RV pump, haven't installed it yet. Need to do a couple of mods / updates pending in the room, mostly to prevent pests.
fetch?id=17841576.jpg

Raho

Veteran
My dehumidifier won't stop. Need to be opened to find / repair the problem. As this does not work for me, it leaves the room less than 40% humidity, uses more electricity, and ages quickly. So im going to connect my grow controller to the humidifier. I leave link with a project similar to the one ive in mind: https://hackaday.io/project/20898-dehumidifier-automator

Hey Mike,
You might want to do a quick web search on the model number of that Dehu.
I was looking at some 50 and 70 liter units the other day and found a bunch of them had been recalled a few years ago for catching fire.
Better safe than sorry and all that.

Cheers

unnamedmike

Hey Mike,
You might want to do a quick web search on the model number of that Dehu.
I was looking at some 50 and 70 liter units the other day and found a bunch of them had been recalled a few years ago for catching fire.
Better safe than sorry and all that.

Cheers

Thank you very much for the warning, Raho:tiphat: After a while browsing, ive seen that my dehumidifier is not a recalled model ... But i usually buy used appliances for parts / repair, i appreciate the warning. 20 years ago i had a fire, from a fan that caught fire.

unnamedmike

I have a question for which I ask you for help, please.

I'm redoing the ventilation in my room. Im considering installing positive pressure (Inlet fan stronger than the outlet fan) to make it difficult for insects to enter, especially flying insects.
It is useful ? My previous setups were always negative pressure (Outlet fan stronger than inlet fan) Opinions please. :kos:

Last edited:

thailer

i know people use positive pressure with no issues. what i know of it people are just pushing air into the room with one fan and the air exits through the ventilation exit and any crack that isn't sealed. one thing to consider is the smell of the cannabis is harder to contain because it isn't being carbon scrubbed.

Raho

Veteran
I have a question for which I ask you for help, please.

I'm redoing the ventilation in my room. Im considering installing positive pressure (Inlet fan stronger than the outlet fan) to make it difficult for insects to enter, especially flying insects.
It is useful ? My previous setups were always negative pressure (Outlet fan stronger than inlet fan) Opinions please. :kos:

thailer is right of course about the security problem that comes with positive pressure rooms. That by itself has always been enough for me to decide against it.

My favorite way to keep bugs out of a room with passive air intake is home AC filter elements in a custom air box.
You don't want too much neg pressure, so they need to be big enough to flow well while actually filtering. The better the filter, the more resistance to airflow, so the bigger it has to be.
Not sure if you can make something like that work in your situation but figured I'd throw it out there.

If security isn't an issue, then +pressure with a nice filter on the intake fan should be great.

unnamedmike

i know people use positive pressure with no issues. what i know of it people are just pushing air into the room with one fan and the air exits through the ventilation exit and any crack that isn't sealed. one thing to consider is the smell of the cannabis is harder to contain because it isn't being carbon scrubbed.

thailer is right of course about the security problem that comes with positive pressure rooms. That by itself has always been enough for me to decide against it.
My favorite way to keep bugs out of a room with passive air intake is home AC filter elements in a custom air box.
You don't want too much neg pressure, so they need to be big enough to flow well while actually filtering. The better the filter, the more resistance to airflow, so the bigger it has to be.
Not sure if you can make something like that work in your situation but figured I'd throw it out there.
If security isn't an issue, then +pressure with a nice filter on the intake fan should be great.

Thank you both very much :good: Ive decided by negative pressure, the uncontrolled smell would put me at risk. For the moment, ive installed an exhaust fan, and now the air enters under the door (the opposite of keeping pests out xD) tomorrow i will install the air inlet, with a filter, and i will seal every crack in the room. Pics tomorrow.

unnamedmike

I havnt had an adequate harvest for several months, and im not a fan of being fully aware, 24/7 ... So although i should not, ive bought a QB 120w led lamp, to use as a wild card, in a tent of 120*60*60cm. Arriving the tuesday.
H7b3f1ca8385c4a7f930628067db20bf5u.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	H7b3f1ca8385c4a7f930628067db20bf5u.png Views:	0 Size:	297.9 KB ID:	17871123

Hf8b268f8326a475ca5891465a902201fi.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Hf8b268f8326a475ca5891465a902201fi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17871124

I've had pest and heat issues, and now all the growing plants have root rot, i suppose as an opportunistic pathogen. No plants seem endangered, but i dont want diseased plants or spores floating around. The culprit of the "massive" infection is the watering tray, the roots of the bottom of the pots, touch the tray, allowing a perfect infection ... The solution is to make a watering tray similar to the flowering one.
IMG_1771.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1771.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.8 KB ID:	17871125

IMG_1778.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1778.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17871126

Im having problems rooting ... (mothers not 100% healthy, high temperatures) and although i get more cuttings than i need, i prefer to make the rooting job easier. Im going to install a peltier cooler to the aerocloner + an arduino controlling the temperature.
IMG_1756.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1756.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	17871127

IMG_1756.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1756.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	17871127

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi there unnamedmike. Just read through this whole thread. Very nice skills on the diy stuff! I am impressed with your ingenuity on some of these projects. Seeing your last post reminded me of wanting to build a simple peltier cooler for the veg rez. Those work so well for the small expense and easy to diy. It is summer here now where I live and the temps get up to and above 100. A little help from a simple cooler like this will help my veg rez stay the right temp.
Keep up the great work! Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

unnamedmike

Hi there unnamedmike. Just read through this whole thread. Very nice skills on the diy stuff! I am impressed with your ingenuity on some of these projects. Seeing your last post reminded me of wanting to build a simple peltier cooler for the veg rez. Those work so well for the small expense and easy to diy. It is summer here now where I live and the temps get up to and above 100. A little help from a simple cooler like this will help my veg rez stay the right temp.
Keep up the great work! Have a great day.
Peace, negative.
Welcome negative37dBA :tiphat:
Here the summer begins, and we are also between 31ºC and 37ºC.. :woohoo: Peltier coolers are not very energy efficient, but for small tanks they are very useful. I plan to stop using coco as a substrate in my crops, at least if possible, starting with the cuttings. Later, i want to adapt a minisplit as a water chiller, to switch the cococoir for a RDWC system, in the flowering room.
Have a great day !

negative37dBA

Veteran
Water chiller has been one of my best ever investments in RDWC. Makes all the hot water issues go away. The cost is fairly minimal when you consider the end results!! Go with a undercurrent type design and you will be happy. May many big cola's come your way kemosabe.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.
One plus of the hot weather...the ladies come down to the river and the view gets real nice if you know what I mean!! :)

unnamedmike

Water chiller has been one of my best ever investments in RDWC. Makes all the hot water issues go away. The cost is fairly minimal when you consider the end results!! Go with a undercurrent type design and you will be happy. May many big cola's come your way kemosabe.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.
One plus of the hot weather...the ladies come down to the river and the view gets real nice if you know what I mean!! :)

Thanks for the feedback :good:I really really want to see my super silver haze under 600w, in chilled RDWC.
I just paid for the peltier cooler in the previous photo, and a pressure reducer for co2 (I'm tired of fermenting sugar, switched to bottle co2)
One of the 3 drivers of my cxb3590 COBs lamp has stopped working ... I don't need it at this moment, but I will, and I didn't expect to have to buy another one, it is not 4 years old yet.

super silver haze
IMG_0604-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0604-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg Views:	11 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	17881688

Edited: Ciclo frigorifico y Diagrama de Moliere comentado por Mario Felipe (spanish)
DIY Aquarium Chiller

Last edited:

CriticalObsessed

Read through the whole thread and loved your work, I see its been more than a year since the last post, got any update on the room / current grow?