What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Project Zazen

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gas,

nice plants man...

Coot,

damn I thought It had been a while since I read an informational and helpful post... I guess you haven't been on IC in the same time frame, lol

what what!? I thought we were supposed to germ the seeds and use the water and spray it on the plants... but its better to puree the germinating seeds once they've popped then make an aerated tea with the puree, to spray with... do have that right?

Sprouted Seed Teas (SST) v2.0

Dr. Robert Faust (BioAg) has described Fulvic acid as a catalyst for catalysts as it assists in enzyme reactions

Enzymes are catalysts as we know so I began doing the weekly dose of Fulvic acid in conjunction with the SST application.

Give that one a try for a couple of weeks and see what you think about the results...

CC

what about adding some leonardite or fuvlic acid to the seed soak... would that have any effects on enzyme production in the seed?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
what what!? I thought we were supposed to germ the seeds and use the water and spray it on the plants... but its better to puree the germinating seeds once they've popped then make an aerated tea with the puree, to spray with... do have that right?

what about adding some leonardite or fuvlic acid to the seed soak... would that have any effects on enzyme production in the seed?

Infinitesimal

These enzyme teas will best serve you by applying them to the soil. If you look at any of the enzymes from barley & other grass seeds, i.e. amylase, arylsulphatase, β-glucosidase, cellulase, chitinase, dehydrogenase, phosphatase, protease, and urease, you'll see why this is so.

Fulvic acid added to the 2nd and subsequent soaks in SST v2.0 does facilitate enzyme production in the endosperm. In artisan barley malting they also use two other materials - coconut water & kelp meal both for the Gibberellin (GAs) content.

An easy way to have kelp meal ready to go is to make a paste as follows:

1/4 cup kelp meal
8 oz. of water

Let this sit until the kelp has completely rehydrated. Drain any excess water and do something good with that - it's definitely not waste at all.

Puree this until you get a smooth paste and you must store this in your refrigerator. When you need to make a foliar tea using kelp then use 1.5 teaspoons to 1 gallon of water.

If you're going to use it during the SST process, meaning after the initial soak cycle, then add about 1/2 tsp. to 1 quart of water. When you strain & drain the seeds to check their weight, this soaking water should be saved and used for further soaking if that is required. If that part is done then dilute it 1:2 and water or spray your plants.

Coconut water is also used by artisan brewers and you can add 1 tablespoon to 1 quart of water. You can use both the kelp meal paste and coconut water.

For a full explanation you can download Microbes in the Tailoring of Barley Malt Properties which is a doctoral dissertation from the University of Helsinki. This document is 174 pages and covers & explains how the sprouting processes are enhanced relative to enzyme production. This covers 6 years of research & study by the candidate.

Pretty fascinating or I thought so anyway.

CC

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gas, this project sounds awesome, im sure there will be a scramble for these beans when they go up.

coot, great to see you around again. It would be cool to hear a little more about the Blue Orca cut and its history. There must be a few stories to tell?

oh, and if you really want a fem version of TO then you know where to send it. I'll make S1s of it faster than a rat goes up a drainpipe :D

VG

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
It would be cool to hear a little more about the Blue Orca cut and its history. There must be a few stories to tell?

VG

VG

The TO & BO come from the same breeding cycle - same female & male plants.

The Indica male originally came from imported seeds and then were grown in greenhouses, the seeds were collected & distributed to others - this was circa 1977.

The Thai female came from our first shipment of Thai sticks which were not sensimilla so there were seeds from the sticks themselves and in the paper the bales were wrapped in. Those seeds were used for a couple of seasons in the Santa Ana Canyon area - Thai High in The Ortegas

Several years later the TO & BO were part of a project to get plants to this group as the indoor growing paradigm was getting into full swing.

Some of the plants were Indica-dominant and others were Sativa-dominant. I chose the most Sativa looking female in the group. The BO went to a general WPF (weasel piss-f*ck) and it wasn't until a couple of years ago that it became available through a brokered peace through his brother after 25 years. Pretty high price for a clone...

That's about it. It's not hard to make good seeds using good stock.

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
My personal experience,and that of most people who use it as medicine say many of the same things. It's best effect is relieving nausea and providing a warm comfortable feeling of well being. This transcribed into the BO x NLH as well,but not as nice as BO herself.

The other effects that make this valuable medicine include appetite stimulation,pain management,and a sleep aid...also a good tool for sex.

The taste is sweet and the smell is sweet...the smoke matches the smell for the most part,but it has this smoke quality of older imports which is unrefined.

They stink like any roadkill skunk or OG...only in the Blue Orca way. Plants stay short for the most part,but environmental conditions seem to determine some traits. They purple up in cooler temps and seem to take on more psychedelic effects the longer they flower.

Blue Orca is the house medicine. We reach for it over most any OTC remedy ....for almost anything that a human being gets hit with Blue Orca makes life better...period.

Gascanastan

Veteran
Run the TO for 14 weeks and see what you think about its psychedelic effects...

I took TO to 80 days once....I was cautious when partaking in that experience. Objects like walls move....BO x NLH makes walls move,but really actually less potent than TO believe it or not. TO is serious cerebral exercise.... no ceiling on this stuff. Quite possible to smoke yourself into an acid trip~

Last edited:

Gascanastan

Veteran
Here she is in fall colors....'The One'....
Mine always end up much taller than the Blue Orca,but I had a BO that did stretch this round...seed teas?

picture.php

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks bloody lovely gas.

i love strains that give you the visual stuff. i get a great multi-coloured 'shimmer' type effect before my eyes from my blueberry cut. i think thai weed and hybrids of it are the best for that and happy sativa highs without too much race or paranoia.

VG

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
TO is serious cerebral exercise.... no ceiling on this stuff. Quite possible to smoke yourself into an acid trip~
12+ weeks and you're kinda moving from recreational into other facets of the mind & thinking processes.

Great for listening to jazz or classical music but not so much if you're watching American Idol or Dancing With the Stars referred to as reality television.

I'm not all that familiar with that view & definition of reality - thankfully.

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran
yummy.......oh where could one get this???? lol

Somewhere around 4 weeks in we'll make plans to get the BO x NLH Bx1 sent in. I'm not sure how many packs will be able to be sent in...depends on overall yield in seed. I was thinking at the very least 200 packs of 10....

Gascanastan

Veteran
Beautiful cross! That looks really nice indeed!

I love it. Beautiful stuff....wish I had better camera I'd take some dry shots of these dried flowers ....just nothing but frost. A pleasure to engage in everyday. Sort of makes you want to stay out of public due to it's spaciness,but that can be fun. Not really good for smoking if you have a thousand things going on at once. Very sativa. Another jazz listening and busy work type for sure. I can work my ass off all day on it behind sunglasses...just sailing along in the sunshine~

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG

The TO & BO come from the same breeding cycle - same female & male plants.

The Indica male originally came from imported seeds and then were grown in greenhouses, the seeds were collected & distributed to others - this was circa 1977.

The Thai female came from our first shipment of Thai sticks which were not sensimilla so there were seeds from the sticks themselves and in the paper the bales were wrapped in. Those seeds were used for a couple of seasons in the Santa Ana Canyon area - Thai High in The Ortegas

Several years later the TO & BO were part of a project to get plants to this group as the indoor growing paradigm was getting into full swing.

Some of the plants were Indica-dominant and others were Sativa-dominant. I chose the most Sativa looking female in the group. The BO went to a general WPF (weasel piss-f*ck) and it wasn't until a couple of years ago that it became available through a brokered peace through his brother after 25 years. Pretty high price for a clone...

That's about it. It's not hard to make good seeds using good stock.

CC

so how old are the TO & BO cuttings... 25+ years?

Run the TO for 14 weeks and see what you think about its psychedelic effects...

I took TO to 80 days once....I was cautious when partaking in that experience. Objects like walls move....BO x NLH makes walls move,but really actually less potent than TO believe it or not. TO is serious cerebral exercise.... no ceiling on this stuff. Quite possible to smoke yourself into an acid trip~

Here she is in fall colors....'The One'....
Mine always end up much taller than the Blue Orca,but I had a BO that did stretch this round...seed teas?

View Image

12+ weeks and you're kinda moving from recreational into other facets of the mind & thinking processes.

Great for listening to jazz or classical music but not so much if you're watching American Idol or Dancing With the Stars referred to as reality television.

I'm not all that familiar with that view & definition of reality - thankfully.

CC

TO & BO both sound like my cup o' tea... two lumps please :D

Latest posts

Latest posts