What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 years of aeroponic (apollo inside)

C

Chipleader

ok the first problem commin !!
so i see my plant and roots stop growin i wonder why
furthermore leave going a bit yellow ...
at this moment the ph was 5/5.5 and ec 1.1 so after seeing my plant going yellow i change my tank
and put a ph 6/6.5 and ec 0.9 i hope they will grow again ....
tell me what u think about them
here some picture of plant
:badday:

:fsu:

mme_oscar

Yo

why don't you stay @5.5/5.7 pH? It's the usual, isn't it? Anyway, as long as they get use to the new system I'll try to keep every parameters stables...
What are temps (res & room)?
How often do you spray them? Tap or filtered water? (well AK is a bit sensitive to nutes @ mine... Still 1.1, including tap water ec, is most likely what I'll give them)...

Anyway, roots seems to be real white & except the light green everything seems cool... How long since they're rooted???

Grow safe but hard ;)

Last edited:
C

Chipleader

for the ph i wanted they more N and i don't know why they dont eat i will down it to 5.8
temp of the res is perhaps the problem sometime i'm on 26 degrees celcius so its a bit high
its tap water and i get a probleme with the timer its stay on ON state i need resend it anyway we can't overwater in aero

they rooted and placed ine appolo since 8 day so they got a probleme
lot of people told me the temp must be around 20 degrees celcius so i need to buy a res chiller ........... :bashhead: some more pic of sick plant

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow man, cool setup, ive never seen some of that equipment...

is that aero system available for purchase online?

hiya chipleader ....great to see a aero system, im a great lover of these systems ... that new system looks the nuts and i cant wait to see how this unfolds...well I've bookmarked it...

I wish when i bought the system i bought the chiller like u have ..tut tut lesson learnt trying to be a skint flint...i lost 56 in 1 wk due to heat man ..because of the result i got from the first system i opted for a second one with more lights etc ...and just baked my roots

all the best fella ....the room is bang on :)

I hope you don't mind me sharing some of my aero photos with ak :) ? got some bud shots lying about if interested ?

Last edited:

mme_oscar

Chipleader said:
for the ph i wanted they more N and i don't know why they dont eat i will down it to 5.8
temp of the res is perhaps the problem sometime i'm on 26 degrees celcius so its a bit high
its tap water and i get a probleme with the timer its stay on ON state i need resend it anyway we can't overwater in aero

they rooted and placed ine appolo since 8 day so they got a probleme
lot of people told me the temp must be around 20 degrees celcius so i need to buy a res chiller ........... :bashhead: some more pic of sick plant
[/url]

Hey

well I think that's the thing... Always heard about how important res temp is in aero... Chillers seems the way to go.

I wasn't abble to find more info about your pump, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to use a relay with it...
It's a 500w & it's a motor: I might be wrong but that's a huge inductive load. I have to do the same to keep my mind in peace...
That timer is claimed as a 6A one so check your pump specs... :)

Keep us tuned... :)

C

Chipleader

thank everyone for your comment :D

lilwayne: yes this system is avaible online it come from canada qualiplast do it under the name of appollo 3

john goodman: ty for your comment you know i don't want loose my baby and when i must buy something like that the decision is quick !! so i buy a chiller i have no more choice

thank your for your nice picture hope to get some nice plant like you soon and share ur bud too :D !!!

mme oscar : yes i will follow the way of reschilller
my pump is 1000 watts i dont really know how to know how much A my pump taking

stay tuned :D

mme_oscar

Chipleader said:
thank everyone for your comment :D

lilwayne: yes this system is avaible online it come from canada qualiplast do it under the name of appollo 3

john goodman: ty for your comment you know i don't want loose my baby and when i must buy something like that the decision is quick !! so i buy a chiller i have no more choice

thank your for your nice picture hope to get some nice plant like you soon and share ur bud too :D !!!

mme oscar : yes i will follow the way of reschilller
my pump is 1000 watts i dont really know how to know how much A my pump taking

stay tuned :D

Yo,

it's sunny around here but still have to work my exams out... Any distraction as ICmag is more than welcome...

Could you check labels or documentation coming with your pump and type it here... It would be a shame to have to resend another timer back isn't it? 1000w Whatever, you should go for a relay to keep mind in peace...

BTW, how long will you veg them???

+++

C

Chipleader

mme oscar : yes u right the only information i can get is that :

GP10001J
230 volt 50 HZ
1000 watts
3500 litre/hour
maxheight 44 mtr
max depth 8 mtr
4.4 bar diameter 1

for the veg i dont know at start i want 7 /8 day but they already got 9 day :(

mme_oscar

Hey

Chipleader said:
mme oscar : yes u right the only information i can get is that :

GP10001J
230 volt 50 HZ
1000 watts
3500 litre/hour
maxheight 44 mtr
max depth 8 mtr
4.4 bar diameter 1

for the veg i dont know at start i want 7 /8 day but they already got 9 day :(

P=UxI so @ yours it's 1000/220= 4.54A... That should work

:bashhead: However, it still a lot of flow... Go for a relay that's cheap, if you plug it yourself... I saw at a local diy store a gardena relay for pump....
Still I'm not an electrician & all I know I learned it to grow, so...

So much veg... :eek: Good that her stretch is so manageable...

+++

Last edited:
C

Chipleader

ohh ok thank you mme oscar i know why it going wrong so the timer s made to receive 4 A
i have tried to put a relay between the pump and timer and it does the same probleme i dont know really wich kind of relay i must use

mme_oscar

Chipleader said:
ohh ok thank you mme oscar i know why it going wrong so the timer s made to receive 4 A
i have tried to put a relay between the pump and timer and it does the same probleme i dont know really wich kind of relay i must use

Yo

did you try with the old one? Cause contacts must be welded (soudés), making your timer "on" 24/7... However, it should be alright (I've read that the timer is a 6A and you pull 4.5A). Anyway manufacturers are often optimistics about their products... Specially with that serious pump you've got here...
Last time I bought a 20 or 25A domestic relay. For HID lamp it was only abble to switch 8A...

Just use a power relay as the following http://www.conrad.fr/contacteurs_de_puissance_p_19103_19110_124005
A night/day switch will do the work as well.
I personnally buy them in Dutch growshop as they are really cheap. You can get them online as well
http://www.growcenter-noord.nl/relais-32-amp-lc1d1810m7-p-1167.html

Check out ebay they're a lot of them...

PM me if you need more :)

+++

Last edited:
C

Chipleader

high again everyone :wave:

so i come back with some good news :)
i think plant going better far far better ... why :

first i think about the temperature of tank ... its a bit true but it isnt that

in fact i use ferro product ferts is in 2 part A and B
and i added some bio roots stimulator from ferro too
but i think with high temperature bio roots goes wrong and hurt plant i have remade my tank with only part A and B ph 5.9 ec 0.8

and plant seemed to grow so fast in 2 day i think i put them in flowering i got some small plant who get hurt bad by the last week so i wait a bit for they grow a bit

so here some new picture from yesterday i hope u will enjoy it :rasta:

Last edited:

SuperLarry

i love aero, it grows so fast and vigorous. i had a problem using root stimulator as well. anything above 22 celcius and you will prob have a problem.. i set my chiller at 21 and it seems to be working good - i have heard more like 19-20 but im trying to save a little electricity :) i also run my pumps 24/7... always have and always prob will. never seen one of those systems - looks cool. i've always used gh aeroflo's.

13 plants...

nebulozi

hello the large one
I see that your small problem is solved
your sytem appolo run really good work
i like this on the roots I hallucinated know l' at all; hydro I cultivate that out of ground. can be one day if i have money I will buy this system

seen big up

Last edited: