What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
This looks like it might be a good tool to add to my arsenal. It'll make my dreams of cabinet breeding a lot easier, eliminating the need and possibility of males, once I've got a few good moms.

Boerman

I was making my own CS 20 years ago. Used it for family use and on my livestock. I have never recommended using it for internal use, but it usually works great for an ear infection. I was driving a busload of teens back from Dallas years ago when one of the kids developed a severe earache. Had him put a few drops in the ear and lay on his side so it wouldn't run out. Half an hour later the pain was all gone.

As for making for antibiotic use, I usually made a small glassfull at a time. Different voltages/amperages and the distance between the electrodes will make the amount of time needed to complete the job vary. The best way to know if it is done is to shine a flashlight thru the glass. When it looks just a bit cloudy, you're done. You may see a very faint "copper" tint to the color. If you go too long, the particles can end up having too many atoms of silver clinging together and they will be too big to be effectively absorbed.

It sounds like you may want larger molecules in suspension for seed making purposes. That doesn't really make sense to me because of the absorbtion factor, but anything's possible and I have never used this method on plants. If you let it run overnight, you will get a much more concentrated solution and will probably get some precipitate on the bottom of the glass.

An oz. of pure silver is going to last you a looonnnnggg time. Google ".999 silver" and you can find plenty of sources for silver wire. This one:

http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire.htm?gclid=CMWDno6hnI0CFQVpgQodpnhYyg

claims to be selling .9999 wire. The cost is about double the current price of bullion, but 1 oz. will be all you ever need.

By the way, I usually switch the electrodes each time because you are essentially plating the silver from one electrode to the other, leaving some silver suspended in the water. I never noticed any difference in the size of the electrodes, but theoretically, one side is gaining weight and the other is losing weight. You'd have to make a heck of a lot of CS to see a noticable change in the weight.

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Boerman interesting stuff! Especially the trick for the ear ache :smile:

I have never recommended using it for internal use
Im a bit timid about it myself, if I ever did drink it it'd be from a bottle bought at the pharmacy, not home-made stuff even with accurate PPM measurements

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
This is what happens when you consume too much silver. Looks like something I'd like to avoid...
1190872-candidate.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria
http://www.billingsgazette.com/newdex.php?display=rednews/2002/10/03/build/local/72-candidate.inc

B

Brother_Monk

nycdfan042 said:
were gonna read about someone shocking the shit out of themselves one day...watch ...interesting read tho

I would think that to be nearly impossible. Most of them transformers you get from phones, cell phone chargers etc., are usually in the range of 300-1200 milliamperes. Not enough juice to do the trick. Even with the excellent conductivity of water. That's why the whole circuit does not trip your breakers in the first place.

Excellent info tho. I'll definately be utilizing these methods.

:ying:

pumpkin2006

Amazing, within 15 minutes of this thread, I have a power inverter, alligator clips, a soldering gun w/ solder... now I need to goto the electronic store and get 999 silver wire... crazy

One question: The extra inverter I have laying around is 10v (I'm sure thats fine) but the mA is whats throwing me... its 1200mA... to much?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I think that any can work, I gotta make one this week too, and I got a 14v I think. I'm gonna cut one coin in half, and just drill and attach that way, let y'all know if that works. I think the higher voltage will just work faster, based on GK's rambling instructions, in a pm. Just do it seems to be the operative strategy.
H

Boerman

Beam me over, Scotty!

Higher voltage will work, but about 9v is optimal for making CS. The reason is this: basically, you are electro-plating. But you don't really want to succeed in plating. You want the silver suspended in solution. If you wanted to make a silver plated penny, higher voltage would be the way to go. Get 'er done...fast. But making CS, you want to go slow, so silver atoms are left hanging in the water.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
BLOTTO said:
I've got a question to you pros like cbf, goldking or phenomenal. Do you know how to do it with GA Spray and is it possible with GA Spray?

Blotto:

If I steer you wrong here,I hope that someone will correct me,as I have not done this yet.I have ProGibb 20% that I will try at some point in time (or not).This info I came across somewhere in cyber land,and I'll paste it here for you.I didn't save the link however...(sorry):

Gibberellic acid (GA3) is a hormone that can be used to change the sex of a cannabis plant. It's most common use is to force a female plant to produce pollen which can then be crossed with a cutting from the same plant to produce seeds with the same genetic makeup of the mother plant. In this way, one can preserve the genetic traits of a particular plant without a complicated breeding program. This is done by spraying the plants with 100 ppm gibberellic acid in water for 5 consecutive days. Staminate flowers should appear within a few weeks. If not, repeat the process. This should be done early in the flowering phase, as soon as the sex of the plant is confirmed. The resulting pollen can then be saved for future fertilization of a cutting from the original mother plant. Gibberellic acid should be used only as directed and with proper precautions taken. After the final application, mist the plants with water often to remove any residue before drying and smoking the buds.

I don't think I'd smoke the buds tho..

I was also told by a breeder that most of the feminized seed released by the seed companies was a result of of GA application.

A friend of mine has had limited success using sts as well,but will focus on the CS formula for future experiments.Our sts application resulted in the offspring showing a very high incidence of hermies.Our Flo produced male pods but abslotuely no pollen..the Blueberry shed dust as well as our Cali-o,but as I said,they hermied.

I did a CS generator as well,but with 6V-500 MA transformer that I obtained at a second hand store.I wasn't even sure that it worked,but after tasting the solution I was encouraged by that unmistakeable mettalic taste.

I had been operating under the assumtion that the 6v-500ma would result in a finer particle of silver to be released into the water,and that was what was preferred.But if 9v works...who really cares?

Last edited:

2ezy

nycdfan042 said:
were gonna read about someone shocking the shit out of themselves one day...watch ...interesting read tho

I guess CS and GA both even out in terms of potential dangerous situations then after all.

CS is potentially dangerous to make and GA is potentially dangerous to use. But both shouldn't be a problem at all if used/made with common sense..

Boerman

CS isn't the least bit dangerous to make. The power used is so low that it is virtually impossible to do the slightest bit of harm. It is no more dangerous than plugging in your cell phone charger. Don't do either while standing in a bathtub full of water and you'll be OK.

B

Blakendn

amazing i've had a silver generator for years and i never knew u could make femmed seeds with it. i guess i have another experiment for this summer. thax for the tip

fuzygrowth

nycdfan042 said:

even if someone DID get shocked.... ever put a 9 volt battery on your tongue???? 9v aint much.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
octodiem, you cant make "girbillic acid" at home, it's more expensive than colloidal silver, and it's also not as safe. :) Why use an acid when you can use a silver-enriched water solution

SOY.ALTO

PhenoMenal said:
ps. ....... "pool noodle"? what the fuck are you talking about? lol

you know those foam things that are long and flimsy...great fun to smash your friends with... :D Ive used them in bubble cloners in the past, you don't even need a lid just float them in the water. Kingmaker is right I think that would be a very simple and safe way to float the coin half way in the water.

great thread, this is a way that we can cross some of those clone only strains with other strains? Urkle X trainwreck for example? Or make these said strains across the globe?

G

The inginuty of MJ growers has never ceased to amaze me. Put a barrier in our way and we'll find away around it.Take things away from us and we'll find a way to make it ourselves.To me...Growers are the most inventive and ingenious people around, and they say MJ kills brain cells, seems to be the opposite to me.K+ to this thread. Also much respect to great people like Goldking and Cedarberry.

Pimpslapped

PhenoMenal said:
octodiem, you cant make "girbillic acid" at home, it's more expensive than colloidal silver, and it's also not as safe. :) Why use an acid when you can use a silver-enriched water solution

Plus, GA doesn't give us the excuse to build some frankenstien type box with silver, electricity and water all playing together.

Latest posts

Latest posts