What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Orca Haze under COBs

OldCoolSativa

BOH8

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BOH8 F35.jpg
    BOH8 F35.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 33
  • BOH8 F35 flower.jpg
    BOH8 F35 flower.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 36

OldCoolSativa

~ 8 weeks

~ 8 weeks

At 8 weeks I harvested my first BOH (#5) that was showing about 1/3 amber trichs. Upper buds maturing a bit faster. Getting mostly juicyfruit and floral aromas, some more subdued. None of the remaining four females will go longer than 10 weeks. Buds are frosty and very dense. Plants are a bit floppy.

Attachments

• BOH4 F56.jpg
    BOH4 F56.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 32
  • BOH4 flower F56.jpg
    BOH4 flower F56.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 35
  • BOH5 F56.jpg
    BOH5 F56.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 39
  • BOH5 flower F56.jpg
    BOH5 flower F56.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 35
  • BOH6 F56.jpg
    BOH6 F56.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33

Dnny

I have a pack of BOH and 7 other varieties from SOS but I only run outside. (Didn’t have them in time for this season) Thanks for the show so far, looking forward to the results.

ambertrichome

Veteran
I just got 2 packs of the Peace Corp 76 Highland Guerrero. Will probably have to wait until next year to run them, unless I find 1 of my cohorts that wants to run at least a 12+ weeker, but at this point, we have other plans.

Also 2 orders of Dominion Seed Company Local Skunk

Lovcal Skunk. Which is FIRE. Original Diesel/Cuddlefish Hashplant/Sour Diesel IBL x Skelly Hashplant/1980s SSSC Sk1

Attachments

• WIN_20180713_15_34_22_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180713_15_34_22_Pro.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13

Dnny

I’m hoping Oldcool runs Mazar x Guerrero at some point. Can’t find any input on it other than Gas uses a Sat leaning killer on a bunch of his crosses. I also have the Bo and PZ (x RKS) freebies. Crossing fingers that something in the BOrks could be found that finish in 8 or 9 weeks? Either way all the RKS pics on IG look nasty. Appreciate any and all info/reports.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Cant really say how long the BO/RKS will go, but I gave a friend some seeds of it, were started late, but are on their way.

ALL of the plants so far are very very stiff, and strong stalk, and branches. Very vigorous, and high end terpenes. The do reek.

I believe COOT lets THE ONE/RKS go 80 days, and Gas just took 1 to 100 days, but the Thai in them will basically keep them flowering forever. Id say look for at least 10 weeks., as the daddy is 100% full blown Sativa/Michoacán, but I could be wrong, and Im sure there is some variation, but Id be prepared for at least 10 weeks, if its less that would be good, but I doubt it.
I just bought 2 packs of the Pure 76 Peace Corp Guerrero, but it will be a while before theyre started, and will be bred back together, for more seeds. They of course wont be F1, as they are IBL. I believe they go 14+weeks so I'll have to convince 1 of my buddies to run them, and they don't like waiting 14+ weeks.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The BOH is strong stuff for sure. I would have liked to have found a more sativa expression but this was bred to be quite indica so...

Guerrero is up next. Velvet Rush, Kahuna, BOH x Punto Rojo upcoming.

OldCoolSativa

Here's a pic of the buds that I got from this grow. Bottom line is I'm unimpressed and consider Blue Orca Haze a waste of my time and resources. Disclaimer: I'm a sativa guy and this shit is Indica through and through.

The yields sucked. I got 318 grams of dried bud from five plants under 600 W of COBs in a 4x4 tent. That works out to 2.25 oz/plant, which is the lowest yield per plant I've had since I started growing. For comparison, I got 5 oz/plant from two MNS Angel's Breathe F2s that I flowered along with the BOH, and it's much better quality weed in flavor and effect.

The Blue Orca Haze is pretty uniform in plant and bud structure. The frostiest ones were BOH4 and BOH8. The aromas are not loud at all nor are they noteworthy; this weed clearly has not been bred for terpenes (not a bad thing, IMO). The smoke is very harsh and cough inducing even after a two month cure. BOH#5 had almost no odor and low potency. Good potency on the others, but it's a really heavy, Indica stone. Not my thing. This shit has no business being called haze. No evidence whatsoever of the Thai from the Blue Orca mom or the haze from the NL5Hz dad. In my opinion, whoever bred the NL5Hz from F2 through to the generation that comprises the BOH dad did a shitty job, and I'm therefore reluctant to pop the NL5Hz seeds I got from Swami because I'm afraid there won't be a haze leaner in the bunch.

My advice: don't bother with BOH if you're a haze/sativa lover.

Attachments

• BOH dried buds.jpg
    BOH dried buds.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 54

ambertrichome

Veteran
BOH is Indica dom..Kandahar/NL5, as is the mother Blue Orca. You have to go through many plants to find sativa leaners. We went through 50 females. Hes clear on the descriptions on whats Indica/Sativa dom. BOH is Indica dom.
We got 20oz from 1 plant under 1000w Hortilux HPS. 2 month veg, 65 days flowering. 20 gallons Promix BX.

The One, is Sativa leaning and takes 80-100 days to finish. Nothing that's heavy sativa will finish in less than 80 days. Minimum.

Dnny

I’m growing some Swamiseeds BOH (7 females) and (1F) NL5Haze along with what was supposed to be Mr Nice Skunkhaze (3F) through Seedsman (definitely not Mr Nice SkunkHaze haha) I messed up posting the pics but they are in my bio.

Of the BOH all are different expressions that range from straight old school Afgani to modern hybrid structure to NLD/Thai/Afg. All 7 BOH females show indica influenced as oldcoolsativa reported.

3 month veg grown in soil w/ city tap water under 630w cmh