What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor grow with artificial light to extend hours

brown_thumb

I can't build an indoor grow room at this time. I've started several seeds which I 'planned' to keep in a climate-controlled grow box under 18/6 artificial light until ready to move outdoors to flower. However, I feel like crap and am not getting things done as I should.

QUESTION: Can I leave them outdoors and add a bright (315w CMH) over the seedlings to extend the lighted hours? I could make it look like a typical (innocent) yard light. It wouldn't be enough light to add much grow but it's enough to keep the plants awake and in vegetative state (I hope). The distance from plants to light would be approximately 6 feet (2 meters).

Thoughts / suggestions?

St. Phatty

It doesn't need to be that fancy of a light - to maintain photoperiod.

I have some clones that are in the sun. I want the clones to veg, but they were cloned and rooting in a flowering light cycle.

So at night, when there is space (on the stove-top), the tub with small plants goes up on the stove-top, where there are 2 7 watt LED lights.

Anyway, I'm counting on that 14 watts of light to get the clones into a veg cycle.

clown baby

yeah, that should work.

and like st phatty alluded to, a smaller wattage light will suffice if your only goal is to prevent flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts