What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola tio orfeas :wave:

Looks like your Malawi x Panama did great for being flowered straight from seed :) She produced really nice fatty and well developed colas, and as you correctly pointed out she would be perfect for chop time with 2 weeks more.

Wish she provided you with great psychedelic adventures for your hot greek summer time ;)

Mine is ageing real fast at 11 weeks now (12/12 straight from sprout) going cloudy all over ...

:tiphat:orfeas

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome psychologos1 :)
and please, accepts my apologizes for my late reply.

It's touching to hear you have such wide experience with our genetics (you have grown Malawi 5 times, wow!) and that you have been always pleased with the quality. Yet i'm surprised you comment they always finished earlier than in the flowering times stated in our strain descriptions. Guess it must be something related to your environment. How are usually the temps and air flow in your indoor cabinet in late flowering ? Do you like to cut down the feeding very early in flowering ?

Nonetheless, your outcome is great! :yes: And YukonKronic is correct, if you have experienced that to extend the flowering times in your environment didn't produce any beneficial effect on the quality of terpenes and effects you are looking for, then just keep doing it in the way you do!

Thanks for sharing your experience and hope to see you posting more often if you have the mood and time. Best regards!

Hello again.First,Sorry for my english...
Here are some pics from my malpan. first pic is 4 days before and the others are after the ''cleaning'' the down side (i noticed a faster rippening these 4 days).
It is 42 days (6weeks) old and i think it is very close to cut.
I have grow many Ace seeds(malawi(x5times),kali china(x2times),orient express,bangi haze,zamaldelica,snow moon) and i have noticed all that finish much sooner than the weeks of reference!but the quality is always very good.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome perismoke,

Lovely top cola Malawi style, but sounds like she also carries the desirable refined terpenes of Panama Goddess :)
Glad you followed Purple recommendation to let her ripe 2 weeks more .... i'm sure she sweated a lot more after that.

Yep, Malawi x Panama has an incredible vigor, yet needs very little nutrients to grow fast and to produce a lot. On the other hand, Panama x Malawi accepts better stronger levels of nutrients, especially in the last 2/3 parts of flowering.

Hope you had a great growing experience with this Malawi x Panama cycle and that her flowers provided lot of psychedelia to your summer time :D

Pleased to see you are doing right now a new cycle with her, that's always a good sign! ;)

Always late to the party...MALXPAN grown with vertical 315 lighting..about 7-8 weeks ..the monster is taking over the tent..ridiculous energy and loving low NPK
She's not ready yet,..right?

Thanks Purple...the ovaries are swollen, malawi like, and pistils browning. There is a vanilla yogurt smell when I rub the stem..Flush time......I agree with you...waiting 2 more weeks.
Excited to see the psychotropic effects...

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi shaman_fin :)

Glad you enjoyed with both: pure Panama and Malawi x Panama, probably their stretch and size could ever be more manageable by switching them earlier to flowering, by using smaller 7 liter pots, or by transplant them to 10 liters only after the early flowering stretching is over, or with a combination of all these recommendations.

We will follow your next adventure with your upcoming Green Honduras Haze grow, which will be even more challenging! ;)
hi
just harvest my mapa and freebie panama,litl too early,11wk it can go easly 2-3wk but i need that base.mapa grow heights abaut 2m and produce good and strong harvest,i grow hydro like KISS style,only silica and base nutrients+one weeks pk,
thrikoms is milky and clear,one or two was amber.
panama i grow soil 10l pot its grow tall abaut 1.5m not best place to grow but still good yeld,i cut it same time,thrikoms was milky and clear.
smoking bouth girls fluffy bud what i fast dry over my lights,it take 12h dry
5min after smoke its come good warm feeling and little sweating, :)
panama do same good feeling and also little sweating :) i like bouth,

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Outstanding colas on your Malawi x Panama as well, Xochi ;) Great job!

Depending on the pheno, environmental conditions and feeding, pure sativas of this kind can produce reflowerings in late flowering and extend their finishing time more than what we describe on the strain description, but nonetheless the yields when this happens and when the high yielding sativas are properly grown (and that was obviously your case) are very very rewarding :D

Happy to see and hear that the outcome and effects of the strain meet your highest expectations. :tiphat:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79330&pictureid=1956691&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Not the best pic. Malpan at 13.5 weeks. She started stacking calyx a few weeks ago so carried her on. Either getting chopped this weekend or next week.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Damien50 :huggg:

Your spectacular grow diary along with your detailed, inspiring and touching smoke report leaves me speechless, but at the same time makes me feel very very happy, especially knowing this is your first pure sativa grow and smoke of this kind. Your outcome speaks of your talent to understand cannabis plants and about how to bring these sativa genetics indoors to their best potential. Showing others that to achieve amazing results with our highly worked pure sativa hybrids is not only a thing for the very experienced sativa grower or snob, quite the opposite, it's an experience that any cannabis grower with genuine interest and energy can achieve by him/herself.

You really deserve such bountiful harvest and many great and pleasant experiences with your harvested flowers after a good curing. And i'm very happy you keep clones of the genetics for future grows.

The development of your grow and your smoke report perfectly matches with what we describe in the description of the strain.

With yours and with the example of many other great growers posting in this thread in previous pages, it's evident the potential regarding, vigor, yield, THC levels, production of huge trichomes, quality of terpenes, quality of the long lasting and profound effects that this amazing F1 pure sativa hybrid offers to the cannabis community.

Countless (yet tamed) sativa qualities in a single F1 hybrid, qualities that are becoming rare and more rare with the flooding of indica Kush varietals. Pure sativa hybrids of the quality and caliber of Malawi x Panama would not exist without all the hard work that took more than 15 years to develop strains like Malawi or Panama separately.
I firmly believe Malawi x Panama (and many other sativa strains of our current catalog, and more to come! ) are on par with the strenght and rareness of for example more trendy or sought after sativa hybrids like Killer A5 Haze. And i'm sure all this hard work we are doing (and others) is making and will do a huge impact in the cannabis breeding scene, and hopefully also will help to keep alive the qualities of the old best sativa strains, in a level of refinement, taming and easiness of growing so everyone with the interest can experience them.

They all finished at 11 weeks. Had many branches that, when I removed the scrog net, fell over and broke their stems from the weight. Started getting a lemon candy smell from them and they are very sticky/oily.

This was fun and challenging for my first sativa grow and let me show off some great genetics.

So I'll put my smoke report here if that is alright.

I'll add in some pictures but I'll start with the grind, inhale, exhale, and the high. I vape and smoke blunts, dutches, papers.

The feel of this bud is soft, spongy, sticky, oily and a bit dense. When I was trimming and breaking it down to grind it assaults my nose with lemon incense that turns into lemon candy. The grind is easy and leaves a soft sticky pile that rolls perfectly.

Rolling this up is easy even for me and produces a nice slow burn with aromas of musk and incense. Inhaling produces gentle flavors of lemon/citrus similar to weak Sprite and I've been told lemon cupcakes. It isn't harsh on the throat but produces ample smoke or vapor

The exhale is flavors and aromas of earth, woods, and some sweetness like a light tea.

The high is something I've never experienced before especially with this being my first sativa. It takes about 15 minutes for me to begin feeling the onset then my mouth and eyes become dry. Anxiety just disappears and eventually my mind wanders and keeping the same thought gets hard. I get pretty calm and there is pressure on my head eventually.

Everything gets brighter and more detailed with munchies, more sensitivity with perception, and and deep introversion. That's alone but with others happiness, laughing, and wanting to chill in good scenery is the vibe. Music is always appreciated and everything is good. It kind of ebb and flows but it last around 2-3 hours with a gentle come down.

Paranoia happens occasionally but it isn't a deal breaker. I honestly just want to chill somewhere serene and smoke it. Eventually enough puts me to sleep but it is some good sleep. I vape it all day at work and I get some energy while being in a chill don't talk to me mood.

I love the strain and will keep it forever

just cut my mapa 80 days,its start chance color in the end purple and throw banana,thats my fault litle mess light schedule,
but new in veg give probably 2month or near,first week or two 24/7,then 18/6

flowering i try this time 12/12 and last 3 week drop 11/13,10/4 and 9/15

picture.php

Purple color dosent show pics

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

They all finished at 11 weeks. Had many branches that, when I removed the scrog net, fell over and broke their stems from the weight. Started getting a lemon candy smell from them and they are very sticky/oily.

This was fun and challenging for my first sativa grow and let me show off some great genetics.

Whaaaoo. Nice, fat scrog, damien50. I've got this strain coming in the mail soon;) Very inspiring work!

shaman fin-nice job, man, that's a nice clean one with a good finish. Would love to do as well!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She looks great shaman_fin! Congrats on the harvest! ;)

We have grown many Malawi x Panama and Panama x Malawi and the hermie tendencies have been almost null, even under stress conditions in light deps.

Is the new plant a clone of the previous cycle or from a new seed ?

hei dubi,its clone for orig mother plants,

banana grow probably?i start low lights cycle too earley but it back 11/13,its strart nice re-flower give litlte bigger crop,but it throw banana in game,i just find only 1 seed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great so far shaman_fin,

Looks like the Malawi x Panama will provide you with a good and strong sativa harvest while you wait for the crazy indoor Green Honduras Haze :)

Xochi

This is my favourite strain from my last grow, did a few aces. It’s strong and trippy and very long lasting. Very comforting, one of those warm hugs to the brain highs. Even after a couple of hours after the initial intense trippyness has wore off but still feel super nice and high.

I’m getting a menthol lemony spicy taste from mine.