What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leukemia & Cannabis oil ? any sucesses ? anybody know the best dosage ?

MM I suspect the best info you are going to get is going to come through Rick Simpson and his people he has an fb page also cure your own cancer has a website with lots of info. Is Rick Simpson or any of his people DR's ? NO but they have a ton of experience helping people with cancer and are willing to share the results they witness which is something the researchers doing studies and trials don't do because they are employed by big Pharma looking to cash in. Why do we need to go on the net and learn from others that are not Dr's people that don't even own a microscope or know anything but the basics of microbiology ect. Why do the Dr's discourage using RSO when they don't know anything about it ? If you can't help us give us the latest information for Christ sake so we can help our selves !!

Miraculous Meds

update,

so I researched his site and some vids. what I found was that his rice cooker method of purging the solvent and decarbing the oil yields about 95 to 98% thc. So Im guessing the decarb process is refining the oil to such a high %.

But he also talks about a distillation process after u make the oil that increases the effect by a great deal. he claims to not know the reasoning behind this increased potency because he is already starting with fully decarbed material. He thinks it might have something to do with the higher temps during the distillation process.

Im still curious to know if cbd would work better than thc. Everything I see from rs seems to indicate u want a high thc starting content. But that could just be that he hadn't had the chance to use cbd rich strains yet. More research to be done...

monkman are you still out there ??? My wife has done very well so far with RSO but still has just short of a month to go to finish the protocol, I don't know if the cancer is dead dying or what has happened but at this point she has had a great and sudden turn around in her health. It has been a wild roller coaster ride of medical issues that all seemed to end up being positive affects from RSO. My problem right now is this, my childhood friend has a son ( early twenties ) that had a melanoma removed only to have it reappear as a melanoma tumour in his lung. I don't need to waste time looking this type of cancer up to know this is unfortunately real serious and being young just makes the situation seem more difficult. My friends son has been put on 2 new drugs called check point inhibitors which have helped him out but are not likely to be curative as far as my understanding goes. At this point anybody handed a real serious diagnosis and not a real good prognosis to go along with the diagnosis should schedule some time off and get on with the RSO protocol in my opinion. Anyway it looks like the check point inhibitors do not work the same way as RSO it looks like they use totally different receptors, I'm thinking this young man who intends to do the RSO should not wait until they are done with check point inhibitors he should get going with this RSO protocol in fact after doing a bit of reading the check point inhibitors may work very very well in conjunction with RSO. Any thoughts appreciated also any thoughts passed on from the Dr. leading the study you work at. Also I don't know who is paying for the study you work at but if it is acceptable to the sponsor of the study to just release observations we could learn from that would be really great ! Thanks for any help !

monkman are you still out there ??? My wife has done very well so far with RSO but still has just short of a month to go to finish the protocol, I don't know if the cancer is dead dying or what has happened but at this point she has had a great and sudden turn around in her health. It has been a wild roller coaster ride of medical issues that all seemed to end up being positive affects from RSO. My problem right now is this, my childhood friend has a son ( early twenties ) that had a melanoma removed only to have it reappear as a melanoma tumour in his lung. I don't need to waste time looking this type of cancer up to know this is unfortunately real serious and being young just makes the situation seem more difficult. My friends son has been put on 2 new drugs called check point inhibitors which have helped him out but are not likely to be curative as far as my understanding goes. At this point anybody handed a real serious diagnosis and not a real good prognosis to go along with the diagnosis should schedule some time off and get on with the RSO protocol in my opinion. Anyway it looks like the check point inhibitors do not work the same way as RSO it looks like they use totally different receptors, I'm thinking this young man who intends to do the RSO should not wait until they are done with check point inhibitors he should get going with this RSO protocol in fact after doing a bit of reading the check point inhibitors may work very very well in conjunction with RSO. Any thoughts appreciated also any thoughts passed on from the Dr. leading the study you work at. Also I don't know who is paying for the study you work at but if it is acceptable to the sponsor of the study to just release observations we could learn from that would be really great ! Thanks for any help !

Unfortunately I only just now saw this message. If the situation is still ongoing, PM me and I'll help the best I can.

On publishing unfinished observations, not only it's really unwise as we are doing novel research (competition could snatch our findings from under our noses as we are trying to find new ways to treat hard-to-treat cancers) but also uncomplete data can be misleading. Publishing our findings would also make it really easy to identify me which is something I do my best to avoid, considering the nature of the stuff I post here.

Our study is completely publicly funded, as it tends to be here in Scandinavia. We have quite strict laws & heavy punishments against corporate infringement of studies.

I wish you a good day,

-mm

Last edited:
At this point it looks like a stalemate between the cancer and the oil, the effects on my wifes CBC by the cancer look like they have been reversed and now appear to be stabilizing near normal with no change. Is the cancer gone ? probably not, do I care ? no . Unless their is a sudden nose dive in her health I don't see any challenges to her health for an awful long time in fact she could easily die from some other age related problem some time in the distant future. Apparently my wife's cancer is not over expressed at receptor CB2 and no study was done on receptor CB1 so my thoughts would be if the cancer is over expressed at receptor CB1 and or CB2 you might expect a quick reaction but that does not mean Cannabis oil will not work for you at all. The cannabis oil along with traditional treatment ( in this case Cyclosporine at a low dose ) have shut down the Leukemia pretty much completely but over a longer period of time than the Simpson people advocate ( 90 days ) . Another individual posted that it took 18 months to completely beat his Leukemia, I believe it.

At this point it looks like a stalemate between the cancer and the oil, the effects on my wifes CBC by the cancer look like they have been reversed and now appear to be stabilizing near normal with no change. Is the cancer gone ? probably not, do I care ? no . Unless their is a sudden nose dive in her health I don't see any challenges to her health for an awful long time in fact she could easily die from some other age related problem some time in the distant future. Apparently my wife's cancer is not over expressed at receptor CB2 and no study was done on receptor CB1 so my thoughts would be if the cancer is over expressed at receptor CB1 and or CB2 you might expect a quick reaction but that does not mean Cannabis oil will not work for you at all. The cannabis oil along with traditional treatment ( in this case Cyclosporine at a low dose ) have shut down the Leukemia pretty much completely but over a longer period of time than the Simpson people advocate ( 90 days ) . Another individual posted that it took 18 months to completely beat his Leukemia, I believe it.

That's what most studies, including ours, suggest: that cannabinoids are of most use when combined to other treatments. Good to hear that your wife is doing better.

-mm

LostTribe

Premium user

Keep Hope Alive Brother!

Keep us informed!

my wife went to see the skeptical oncologist today and wanted to know if she still had cancer and after a bit of a brow beating he said they don't know if she still has cancer because it is no longer detectable.
peace !

sadpanda

i apologise if this has already been pasted in this thread but there was some excellent news from February regarding THC killing leukaemia cells
http://mag.icmag.com/news/medical-cannabis/study-synthetic-thc-kills-leukemia-cells/
And here is the actual study that article refers to - http://bmccancer.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12885-015-2029-8
Background
It has been previously demonstrated in several cancer models, that Dronabinol (THC) may have anti-tumor activity – however, controversial data exists for acute leukemia. We have anecdotal evidence that THC may have contributed to disease control in a patient with acute undifferentiated leukemia.

Methods
To test this hypothesis, we evaluated the antileukemic efficacy of THC in several leukemia cell lines and native leukemia blasts cultured ex vivo. Expression analysis for the CB1/2 receptors was performed by Western immunoblotting and flow cytometry. CB-receptor antagonists as well as a CRISPR double nickase knockdown approach were used to evaluate for receptor specificity of the observed proapoptotic effects.

Results
Meaningful antiproliferative as well as proapoptotic effects were demonstrated in a subset of cases – with a preference of leukemia cells from the lymphatic lineage or acute myeloid leukemia cells expressing lymphatic markers. Induction of apoptosis was mediated via CB1 as well as CB2, and expression of CB receptors was a prerequisite for therapy response in our models. Importantly, we demonstrate that antileukemic concentrations are achievable in vivo.

Conclusion
Our study provides rigorous data to support clinical evaluation of THC as a low-toxic therapy option in a well defined subset of acute leukemia patients.

sadpanda

see also this extraordinary case study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3901602/

Abstract
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is a cancer of the white blood cells and is typically well treated with combination chemotherapy, with a remission state after 5 years of 94% in children and 30–40% in adults. To establish how aggressive the disease is, further chromosome testing is required to determine whether the cancer is myeloblastic and involves neutrophils, eosinophils or basophils, or lymphoblastic involving B or T lymphocytes. This case study is on a 14-year-old patient diagnosed with a very aggressive form of ALL (positive for the Philadelphia chromosome mutation). A standard bone marrow transplant, aggressive chemotherapy and radiation therapy were revoked, with treatment being deemed a failure after 34 months. Without any other solutions provided by conventional approaches aside from palliation, the family administered cannabinoid extracts orally to the patient. Cannabinoid resin extract is used as an effective treatment for ALL with a positive Philadelphia chromosome mutation and indications of dose-dependent disease control. The clinical observation in this study revealed a rapid dose-dependent correlation.

Discussion
--snipped-
There has been an abundance of research exhibiting the cytotoxic effects of cannabinoids on leukemic cell lines in the form of in vitro and in vivo studies [1, 2, 3, 4]. An oncology and hematology journal, Blood, has published numerous papers [2] over the years constructing the biochemical pathway to be elicited by the anticancer properties of cannabinoids. Our goal, upon examination of this significant case study which demonstrated complete disease control and a dose response curve, is to invest effort in and to focus on research and development to advance this therapy. An emphasis needs to be placed on determining the correct cannabinoid ratios for different types of cancer, the best method of administration, quality control and standardization of the cannabis strains and their growing conditions as well as therapeutic dosing ranges for various cancers contingent on staging and ages. Toxicity profiles favor therapies deriving from cannabis because toxicity within the body is greatly reduced and the devastating side effects of chemoradiation (i.e. secondary cancers or death) can be eliminated. It is unfortunate that this therapy does come with some unwanted psychosomatic properties; however, these might be eliminated by target therapies of nonpsychoactive cannabinoids such as cannabidiol which has garnered much attention as being a potent anti-inflammatory and possible antileukemic and anticancer agent. It is acknowledged that significant research needs to be conducted to reproduce these results and that in vitro studies cannot always be reproduced in clinical trials and the human physiological microenvironment. However, the numerous research studies and this particular clinical case are powerful enough to warrant implementing clinical trials to determine dose ranges, cannabinoid profiles and ratios, the methods of administration that produce the most efficacious therapeutic responses and the reproducibility of the results. It is tempting to speculate that, with integration of this care in a setting of full medical and laboratory support, a better outcome may indeed be achieved in the future.

geneva_sativa

Look into reishi and other anti cancer mushrooms also..

Something my wife used was a product called Fauna Mana created by BioAg founder Robert Faust. It is a blend of 8 anti-cancer mushrooms, with few other ingredient + fulvic acid.

I know every case is different ( we dealt with breast cancer ), but this product has helped several people I know. It might be worth looking into.

Also might worth to research melatonin and how it seems to help many cancer patients. . . check if others with same condition have used with success.

Sounds like you have been fighting the good fight, please feel free to contact me.

Best prayers and blessings for you and yours, Cannabacca !

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Also check the most recent quote I made in the treating cancer with concentrates thread in my sig.....hope the light is still shining for you dear friend.

Hi guys it has been a while since I checked in everything is all good the Leukemia is like I mentioned no longer detectable it really took a long time to put this genie back in the bottle it was well over a year of oil but in the beginning my wifes blood work couldn't have been worse. Interesting thing is my son became interested in using mushroom teas as medicine and told me about what he learned turns out several types of mushrooms have very potent anti cancer properties I would absolutely recommend stacking anti cancer mushroom tea on top of cannabis oil to fight cancer. Paul Stamets a mushroom expert actually used a mushroom called Turkey Tail to beat the cancer his elderly mother had, Paul has a ton of mushroom video's on youtube in several of them he talks about using Turkey Tail mushrooms to fight off the cancer his mother had. I also enjoyed Pauls magic mushroom video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXvomNV7u9I had a real good laugh at his magic mushroom story. Anyway if you do a search at youtube he has lots of excellent video's on several anti cancer mushrooms you can easily obtain. please use the wild mushrooms for you your friends and family so they don't get over harvested and wiped out as I see plenty of people selling them on ebay ect. just as fast as they can pick them. Thanks for the kind wishess

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah to get the mushrooms farmed in bulk quantities from china cost cents, there is no reason to pick the wild..but I'd personally get a dual-water/ethanol dry powder extract, certified, and from a multi-species extract if I could..that said..cooking a tea of wild picked turkey tails, reishi's and chinese shiitake's saved my life when dying from TB.

I have reishi growing wild on my property as well as turkey tails and many others, but to be honest, half outa lazyness and half practicality, I just make tea from the chinese grown ones as I have generally have a bag of dried, sliced ones ready to cook. To process/slice/powderise these things really requires industrial slicers and mills, they are tougher than wood some of them. I've burned out many top line blenders when I'd process bulk loads in the past, and have to slice/powderise them to use to make bulk extracts as I did as a service for sick folks. Obviously organic grown local ones will be best to purchase, but here they are about 8 times the price of the chinese ones. If I have extra money I'd rather get these, but they come whole and once again to slice the things is a PITA.

If you are going to collect wild, remember that all mushrooms are edible, some of them only once in a lifetime though. ;) You'll die afterwards. Or otherwise put, there are old mushroom hunters, and bold mushroom hunters, but not old AND bold mushroom hunters, they died. Only ever consumer a mushroom picked in the wild that you have 110% identified from all identifying characteristics, or know yourself from being taught that specific mushroom 110% sure. The same species of mushroom can have a lot of macroscopic variation depending on environment and strain, and 2 different species can look identical unless you know what to look for. One could save your life, one could kill you. One could make you meet god and have a conversation haha but that is another chapter..

Use a wicker basket with open holes to pick and place mushrooms into, so when you walk back from your spot you can distribute spores and spread the organism, in that way picking the wild fruit bodies becomes sustainable, even beneficial to the organism. Never, ever, ever place un-identified mushrooms into your basket with your edible or medicinal mushrooms to take home for ID, have separate containers, that you can seal away from the rest for these. One really poisonous one can poison another from touching it and make your liver dissolve into a pile of goo in the night, while you are sleeping off the meal of the "good" ones, that you thought was fine, it is that bad, take heed.

:) The mushrooms..Reishi is the king though..get every cancer/leukemia patient you know on it. Anyone with heart issue etc.. just watch blood pressure dropping when you start dosing..

Last edited: