What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in socal?

surfguitar

We used to have a nice thread in this forum for locating clones in socal but it looks like it kinda died off. I haven't bought clones from a club in about 2 years so I just wanted to find out some of your guys favorite spots?

The last place I bought from was this sweet clone only place that would open once a week, super bummed I lost there info as they had some tasty strains.

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Hey mate. Not sure where you are in SoCal but you can check a spot called "Progressive Options". They are located in San Fernando Valley. Check out their website on www.pogenetics.com
That's one place I know of that offer selection. Everything else was hit and miss for me.

surfguitar

Were the clones healthy and bug free? that's a big requirement for me, too many bad experiences with club clones ;)

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
I went there only once and that was a good experience.
The place has a good rap and is well known even outside of the city.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
All SoCal Clones are tainted with Bugs and diseases ... Stay Far Away..

Especially Progressive Options, Do yourself a huge favor and pop some beans instead..

2 years since you've bought cuts ... all I can tell you is the good old days of clone collecting from the Clubs is over unless you want to risk harvesting str8 hemp

Coconutz

Veteran
I agree!
Pop seeds!
Most of clubs are just selling cuts from seeds they popped without flowering them out, or selling cuts they didnt want to keep.
Buy your own seeds and do your own pheno selection.
Otherwise you could end up with a room full of worthless crap!
Ive bought from several clubs and have always been screwed.
One time I bought from a club I got 2 different phenos of the same plant from seeds.
Fuck that bullshit!

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
3rd on that pop seeds fake mystery cuts, broad mites, pm you name it kind of a joke down here clone wise from clubs anyways If you must have cuts for whatever reason do your self a solid and take a day/weekend trip up to the bay/sac some of the cleanist rooms i''ve seen at p2p and some others just my 2 cents plus you can find a decent selection of beans up north. Pheno hunting and the vigor from beans I've never looked back.

surfguitar

Thanks guys, believe me I've had some pretty terrible experiences from the clubs but also some good ones. It actually swayed me to only pop beans as you have all mentioned but I have to say getting some of these elite strains for $10 is like the sirens call haha

Any experience with these people http://cqdna.com/? I'll probably just end up sticking with seeds, that works and no need to fuck up a good thing ;)

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was wondering the same thing as to what out that way this season...

Having gotten some great cuts a couple years ago from that area.

SoCal has a hella nice selection of Elite cuts that are proven and bug free. Has for many years now...

Finding them without an inside "the loop" connection is another story.

Hard if not impossible to find on the interweb and with most the brick and mortar shops closed down, I imagine a bitch to find a shop with the breeder connection and not just a clone factory...

Would be great if someone that does know of a brick and mortar that is supping the proven elites,please chime in...

:smoke out:

Last edited:

gekolite

there is a small clone shop online with clean clones, California clone collective . com they do not have a large selection but genetics look ok, I am running bubba,, and an og and look good,, the clones were clean with no pests, and super healthy

surfguitar

haha too funny, I should have figured!

Wish I would have stocked up from that clone only club, that place was straight legit with all sorts of tasty strains to choose from. The schroms I got from there were amazing.

I'll probably just end up popping a pack of ograskals or Caliconnects if I want an OG

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is a small clone shop online with clean clones, California clone collective . com they do not have a large selection but genetics look ok, I am running bubba,, and an og and look good,, the clones were clean with no pests, and super healthy

Shit I thought they shut down...

I've heard good thing's ...

Thanks...

gekolite

clean

clean

Shit I thought they shut down...

I've heard good thing's ...

Thanks...
When they had a brick and mortar I tried them out, they had a progressive options cut ,, called deep sleep , ran that with a master kush cuts they had,,, the master they had was phenomenal , and put the deep sleep to shame ,,,wish they still had the master

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
It seems that more often then not but almost always when I take clones frame someone they will be infected with the spider mites.
When they are that young, you should be able to clean them very easy. With all the sprays and tactics and ladybugs in the mix I clean mine in the matter of week.
Genetics is what concern me he most. The last situation I had is when my friend bought skywalker clones just to find out they were Tahoe. Things like this is what aggravates and makes me cautious.

i went to progressive options once....i saw them sell a clone covered in powdery mildew......but they "dipped" it first in a container......hehehe

oceangrownkush

Veteran
So Cals fuckin DIRTY!!! Dont even remember the name of the place but just straight having the clones out under a little shop light had me cringing..

If you plan on picking up cuts, pick up an arsenal of preventative measures first.. I have Avid, Kontos, Merit75, IC3 oil, cold pressed neem straight outta India, Indicate5/Scarlett.. Botanigard and Conserve SC are next on my list.. We are trying to be ready for anything and everything out here.

I think the need for solid elite S1's in the online community is upon us.. Undiluted OGs, Bubbas, Dubs, Aliens.. Where are the S1's????