What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic nutrients for Hydro?

OGSensi

Which ones are your fave and why? I am so in love with Foxfarm's package design & branding but I don't want to be shallow. Money isn't the cheif concern, but I do enjoy being Frugal. TIA!

OGSensi

What's to be down with? Is there a controversy? I have heard of PBP and in fact someone just recommended that . . .

I am really new at this so I need to know all the ins and outs! :D

PBP ain't Organic....for the millionth time. It just ain't....5 minute worth of reading will tell you that.

Check out Pura Vida and Metanaturals to start.

Peace
Rocky

Rubbermaid 20 gallon tank ($20ish)

undergravel filter, pump and gravel ($30ish)

4 goldfish ($20)

Spirulina20 fish food ($8.)

Growing your own nutes-priceless.

(IMO PBP is close enough- esp for a beginner.-YMMV)

I haven't seen the Meta brand nor the Pua Vida in my area- what was your expeience with them, Mr. Thug?

Last edited:
G

Just because PBP isn't OMRI-listed, doesn't mean it isn't organic. You don't see "OMRI" printed on every bag of shit; that doesn't mean it isn't organic.

A lot of people in the organic soil forum are using Liquid Karma, try to convince them that their grow isn't organic.

If PBP isn't organic, why does it go bad?

G

.....organic!

Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum.

Even_Steven said:
Just because PBP isn't OMRI-listed, doesn't mean it isn't organic. You don't see "OMRI" printed on every bag of shit; that doesn't mean it isn't organic.

A lot of people in the organic soil forum are using Liquid Karma, try to convince them that their grow isn't organic.

If PBP isn't organic, why does it go bad?

Steven, the title of this thread is "Organic nutrients for hydro", PBP is not organic. The original Pure Blend is Organic. PBP is far from a bag of shit...it is a hydro-organic bottled fertilizer. You are correct it need not be OMRI certified to be organic.

Who are these folks you speak of in the organic soil forum than don't know PBP and LK are not organic? Most of the folks who have been there awhile have know for along time that PBP is not organic.

.....organic!

Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum.

Again Steven, it is you that needs to read the stickys....I believe as far back as 2004 or was it 05...peeps have known that shit ain't organic.

Newbs don't need to be reading this thread believing they are growing organic...when they aren't if they use PBP.

G33, Good on ya man. PBP is a great fert.

Peace
Rocky

G33k Speak said:
Rubbermaid 20 gallon tank ($20ish)

undergravel filter, pump and gravel ($30ish)

4 goldfish ($20)

Spirulina20 fish food ($8.)

Growing your own nutes-priceless.

(IMO PBP is close enough- esp for a beginner.-YMMV)

I haven't seen the Meta brand nor the Pua Vida in my area- what was your expeience with them, Mr. Thug?

Actually, I'm using Meta right now. I've been feeding my plants with Subys or is it Vons?? tea every watering every 3rd watering they get a strong dose of Meta ...much stronger than the label. The label says 1tsp grow and bloom and this last feeding I hit them hard at day 40 with 1tbs grow and 2tbs bloom per gallon. Meta will stabilize it's pH after 2 day bubble to around 6 but I don't fuck with pH, I let my soil do it for me.

OGSensi

Whoa, y'all! Soil? I said Hydro! ;) Is this friutless? Will Pura Vida or Meta Naturals work in a hydro system???

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
rckymtnthuglife said:
PBP ain't Organic....for the millionth time. It just ain't....5 minute worth of reading will tell you that.

Botanicare just unveiled a new line at the SF Hydro Expo called:: ORGANICARE

>>>personally,,, i cant wait to try it

Last edited:

OGSensi

Are these available currently or no? I saw some online but then I went to Botanicare's website and they are not listed? Confused!

Pura Vida: lost the OMRI due to OMRI changing their certification standards. Go read the Pura Vida thread to learn more. It is a 5 star nutrient if you use it correctly- and a very poor one if you do not. I have a whole thread on it.

PBP: Goddamn it, it's so simple!!!!- read the BOTTLE!!!! Contains: CALCIUM NITRATE. . . this is NOT ORGANIC. end of story. Amazing results, the salts give it a certain "backbone" if you will.

Meta Natural: don't ya dare try and do anything other then hand water this stuff. It's great in soil/soiless, horrible in hydro and resurculation. Think, chunky, smelly, and too raw- it will go crazy if you stick in a rez. Great stuff, takes it a bit to really become available, a good microherd is really needed to make it stellar.

UGseeds

Which ones are your fave and why? I am so in love with Foxfarm's package design & branding but I don't want to be shallow. Money isn't the cheif concern, but I do enjoy being Frugal. TIA!
use fish pond water for growth phase its free if you have a pond that is!

Leviathan

fox farms n pbp arent organic........and remember organic isnt fed from the food alone, the food feeds the micro heard, the micro heard then feeds the roots. orgainc hydro is somewhat of a misnomer but it doesnt mean its not possible.

tintala

AN_BULL_2_.jpg

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
pura vida not organic either, but start n 2 work gud 4 me. They lost their omri certification

Im looking at a pura vida ad in Urban Grower magazine, and it says ORMI certified? Does this not mean its organic?

Latest posts

Latest posts