What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Martian Mean Green inquiry

skylined

Has anyone grown this strain? There seems to be very little information regarding it. Also, is there one that is superior to this in anyone's opinion?

Peace,
~Skylined

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
PICT0044.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dna stated that it is new and there are alot of variation.
you want a winner from dna (if there could be such a thing) try connie chung.
im also interested in their haze crosses.
but very skeptical about growing anything else of theirs after all the subpar reports.
mostly of descriptions that dont hold true to the final outcome.
i grew the la confidential and wasnt impressed TBH

loyalty7

cocktail frank i grew some la confidential and had a really great pheno only thing it wasn't a great yielder, only strain that i have grown out that can knock the ny haze out. tasted like really good bubba kush. real indian incense when lit, i would try and find that pheno, but i know what you mean with the variations. heres a couple of pics of some haze i picke up from the heights pretty good, but i've had better, hope you got that clone and things work out for you.

skylined i grew out the martian really good, odor control a must, real cat piss fruity hazyness about her, i actually only cracked one seed and got something real similar to the grey area cut, energetic high and not to paranoid, decent yield have pulled qp out of one plant.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I grew it my first grow, and ran the same cut 4 or 5 times after that. There is definitely variation, as my cut was 10 wks, good yield, woody/locker room, low odor from seed, and the cuts took on a bit of dry skunk, but still low odor. The other female that I saw stunk of lemon pledge, but she was outside. Neither one was all that special high or taste wise. Honestly, you would be better off with mrnice or soma for some killer haze genetics at that price. All of 3 my SSH's shit all over the 2 MMG's that I've seen. Not quite pif, but if you've never had pif, and knew of the hype, and somebody gave you SSH, you'd be like "....wow that IS fire..." LOL. I just tasted a G13/Sk from MrNice that I cut a few days ago, and now I am a MrNice pusher for life. ALL of the plants (~10 diff females) that I have finished were fire and could have been keepers. I have yet to see a bananna, or a strain deffer far from the strain description (except the G/Sk was 'sativa-ish' and the Shit was 'indica-ish'). 17+ beans per pack and the best cust svc out there.

Cocktail,Loyalty - I had a KILLER ECSD x La Conf that I lost. Look out for East Coast Confidential. They jacked the name from me. I'm over it.

MMG

EC Conf

I freaked out 1 day and deleted a bunch of pics, but here is what is left of my mmg grow pics. It's from my 1st grow log
4wks 12/12

6wks

edit - added pics

Last edited:
S

saccosky

I grew indoor a MMG and I cut it off a week ago. I cut it before complete ripen because she have many bananas . And every day is badder . now I wait to smoke it and report, but I think it's not the best, so for the bananas, so for the week less.

the only positive thing is that she seem like the photo i've seen on the dna website.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the martian mean green i smoked at the grey area was a very good haze

nothing shit about it

crazy lemony goodness on the taste and a strong sativa buzz left me very high

i will have to grow this 1 day

if you like haze then you will like this

just my take on it

gamehaze

i love the martian too its a taste you cant get bored off plus it tastes the same as when i went to the 06 cup so im well chuffed it grows wicked for a haze as well

skylined

Seems theres mixed reviews about DNA's stuff, just like everywhere it seems. I'm running a custom WW x SSH cross right now Nuggetshiner made and I'm willing to bet it will blow MMG out of the water at loooong range. I feel it's probably wise to stay away from DNA just because I like to think that the plant I grow is going to look SOMETHING like what the breeder description says, and I've heard of just too many instances where that's simply not the case. If I ever have the space to test out a lot more strains in the next few years though, I will still be considering this.

Peace,
~Skylined

Sorry to butt in here, but I am not fond of starting new threads.

First, let me say the martian rocks...for one.

Second, DNA has some crazy genetics and they have great stock to work with, evidently they don't have problems elsewhere making friends.

I have from them OG Kush X G13
Chocolope
SSH x Sharksbreath
Martian Mean Green
Sharksbreath

Next in line is Cannalope... great taste from Holland c-shops

I don't really care what people here at ic think of DNA gen, because my experiences with them are great, even though I have to go that extra mile to get seeds from them...visit them in the store they are bound to convince you, and 6 months later one should be sold, there is great variety so don't stop at one strain.

They have a piece of each taste zone among their strains.

Some have mentioned the great variability among their strains. I find this to be a positive trait because it increases the chances for something special...:)

????I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE THAT KNOW OR HAVE GROWN MMG????????

I found a low yielding blue/ floral tasting pheno...will post pictures sometime soon.

I was wondering if anyone had ever had this pheno or a similar flo tasting one. It truly knocked our socks off here to find such an odd pheno in a Sharksbreath X G13 mix, possibly from the lambsbread/th, but there is also limited info on that strain.

All the martians I have tried have a classic sharbsbreath, g-13 taste, nothing like this plant... she has a distinct bluish color when compared with other MMG's particularly in leaf, not in trich, or stem...and the taste is nothing like the spicy sweet one gets from martian otherwise. This is not spicy and definately not sweet, just bluish floral...like a dj strain. WTF

WHERE DID THE BLUE COME FROM???

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

The Accumbens and the dopaminergenic pathways....thank ahead.

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I have grown MMG bef, and have 6 seedlings going now. I had a woody/earthy/sweaty smelling plant, and a lemon freak. Neither did all that much for me. I am looking for a decent, stable female MMG to cross with my male ogk x g13/hz. I wouldn't spend a dime on DNA's shit. They are good growers, and have access to good genetics, but breeders? heh.

There is a reason that they don't have a presence on this (experienced growers) board...

:confused: So you wouldn't spend a dime on DNA Genetics seeds, but are looking for a stable MMG to cross your genetics with? That makes barely no sense to me. You value the genetics, but not in a monetary sense?

Just a little confused, no offense...

Why would you breed something you wouldn't pay good money for?

The 'ccumbens :joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Looking for mean green to outcross the male that I have to, as they both share the g13haze father. Not much breeding goes into acquiring the same plants as other breeders and making crosses. Stable is not the word that I should have used. I should have said suitable. If it resembles the male that I have, or reeks of lemons I would like to use it in the outcross only to preserve the genetics. The plants are anything but stable, and I have experienced many hermies with dna plants, and they lie about plant origins, and they have shit customer service, and they charge as much for their closet hack crap seeds (I have more stable/predictible beans from my 1st seed crop - on accident - than dna's stuff) as DJ or Shanti do ($10/seed). I find that to be most offensive of all, $10/per???? Yeah, right...

By doing (or not doing, and SELECTING some other plant to do) the outcross and then a backcross, I will be doing as much breeding as they do. Do I deserve $10/seed? I don't think so. I am sending ~300 to seedbay for freebies.

I dunno, they have access to 'elite' genetics, and if that is why you buy seeds, to say "I got XXX" than cool. I think that you could find better quality plants at a higher percentage of quality plants, for less money with MrNice, DJ Short, or Serious. there are other breeders out there using the same genetics with out all of the drama/bullshit.

Like I said, the plants are quality, the company (other than the plants) is a p.o.s. imo.

Kool I got you man, you know I am still fairly fresh to the current seed game and worked from clone for a long time... Kinda like to keep to myself and the internet is sorta freaking me out, too, but sob stories aside... Then I found ways to get fresh seeds without leaving the country and things got interesting...since I have fresh stock to work with. I also have friends traveling the East and South making things all the more pleasant.

I hear you on the g-13, crossing her out of the OG Kush with some Martian is exactly what I have been dabbling in myself...pimping some reddish-yellow speckled gene pods and happy to be popping some soon. I look forward to comparing results...I also have the OgkG13 crossed with the SSHXShrb, now that should yield some interesting plants to study genetic recomb on...we'll see how it turns out. I myself am merely an intrinsically motivated pollen chucker, who is learning how to clean out our genetic stock.

Yes, I agree 10$/a bean is a little too much for the time in the business for these guys, but some of the beans have gotton cheaper lately, if one checks out their new website...and if the dollar hadn't been so shot to shit, I would say the prices are becoming closer to reasonable. I am not comparing any of DNA's stuff to Shanti's or DJ's, that's for sure...but I would like to note that some of their stock is from Shanti- Shrbth- the SSH cross I have from them I would only assume so because it sure doesn't taste like the greenhouse ver...

...but instead I still ponder????? Where did the blue floral taste come from in my MMG, no lemons, no spice, I have never tasted anything quite so nice.

I respect the elder members at this site and even though I disprove of the erasing of threads that point to DNA's misgivings and shadiness, I also find that if members who are definitely healthily inquisitive on this site say that DNA is shady...well then their is a darn good chance these boys have some tricks up there sleeves. I already got a twitch when I see them hooking up with Arjan, revolutions...feminized chocolope...oh no!

I have problems deciphering the genetic links of my strains for these reasons of disinformation and shadiness.

Maybe you could help me get some things strait...if you would be that kind, sir?

I have seeds purchased from DNA as listed in my above post.

I have read the g13 clone is from Soma- is this correct?
Sharksbreath from Shanti
SSH I would assume from Shanti [or not?] crossed with a male Shrbth, I would assume their own creation, generation down...
...and the OGKush X G13, where'd this come from...so I scan the site, and their is a new strain 28.42 Euro named C13- picture is almost definitely a OG Kush X G13 cross, the same one I purchased from them about a year ago...sorta just got pulled from under the bar at GA when a friend started complaining that he wanted to buy seeds but couldn't find any good MMG to smoke in A'dam and so the story goes...I am trailing off here, but you have grown OGKG13, and you must see a very big resemblance to C13 in the photo and description though I have yet to find the mother plant of this strain, so what is your take on the lineage of my seeds, and this C13 strain. Since you have a similar cross...or que pasa?

Danke...from many synaptic vessels, today particularly overflowing with goodness...overflowing so that they upload very slow but a year worth of photos should soon be on the go.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
The g13/haze was produced when...(supposedly)
Neville had the g13, it was losing vigor, he crossed it to a bunch of stuff, including a pure haze. This cross was the jam, somehow it got fukked up, and there were only 3 seeds in existance, soma had them, and got 1 male. I just learned from the big book above that it is haze "C" (the 1 used in both sides of ssh). Neato.

Sharksbreath is supposedly an old cut of GWS/peacemaker (now sold as shark shock from MrN) crossed to a pure Jamaican. 50% SharkShock (superskunk x widow) 50% Jamaican.

A friend of mine visited the shop sometime in 05/06, and the guys were very friendly, and bullshitted forever with him, etc... He spent all of the $$ that he brought for seeds (bout $1g, he is scared of computers, lol) with them. Sour Cream, ReCon, MMG, Sweet Haze. They also hooked him up with a bud of cannaloupe that had seeds in it, (and the seeds were both male and female, and they grew out like c99 to my eyes... makes ya think...) They also hooked him up with 3 freebies, lemon Sk, ogk x g13h, and ecsd x laconf. The s.haze was very tasty and quick, but light and I hermed it on my 1st grow, no prob's the 2nd run or outside @ 40 deg. ReCon was the winner outdoors, nice and quick, heavy, fueley, but threw some (loaded) bananas late outside, which I haven't really seen many plants do. I haven't seen or smoked the sour cream, but was told that it grew SMALL, and the taste/high weren't all that super.

I grew 2 mmg's, 1 turned out to be a male. The female was my 1st cut that I ran multiple times. Looking back (after cracking 100 seeds) I would have deffo passed on that plant if I got it again from seed. Done ~10 wks, decent weight, nice look, but smelled/tasted like earthy nuts. I mean like sweaty nuts. Really, like a locker room. I kept checking for mold... Another female I saw was outside ~5 wks into flowering, and got ripped. She STUNK of lemons, like my 1st ogk x g13h....

Lemon mutha fukka. I had 1 female that was a delicious hazey lemony ride. 12 wks to heavy hazey goodness. I lost her and a DELICIOUS escd x laconf ina teardown in dec... Those crosses were given to my buddy, and the guys told him that other 'breeders' give dna the seeds to distribute as freebies, and get feedback. The crosses have performed better imo than the retail seeds.

I cracked the last few ogk x g13h seeds, and ended up with 1 plant, a male. I may just cross him to some ssh's, as they both contain the same haze (neville's "C"). I am deffo going to hit a FAST MrN Shit with him just for kicks. Ideally, I could get 2 different NON-HERM haze/Jamaican expressive MMG females to outcross to, in addition to the couple of ssh's.

BTW my buddy who bought the seeds is a nice guy and all, but he dosen't have the patience for selecting, or making crosses, etc.. He has been growing for a good bit of time now, and I bet he has grown out less than 20 different females/cuts of those females. He bought the hype. FOR A THOU$AND.

I have no idea the lineage of the other strains (except that cannaloupe is an awful lot like c99) like c13, chocoloupe, etc... But I can't imagine that they are anything more than 'name-brand' crosses. I am growing these mmg next to some kalichakra and will start a diary/log once they get going (started pokin out of the dirt yesterday).

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Overrated "strain," tastes like generic AMS sativa (Jack Flash, Stella blue - same flavour)... No biggie, really not sure what all the fuss was about....

Have found a good few phenos from DNA shizzle, but one never knows what they really are.... I am keeping two... One of which is yet to be determined as a keeper or a tosser.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres no way the martian smokes anything like the stella blue
i was visiting amsterdam all the time and smoked stella blue from anyday from the begining to the end(buds coming totaly seeded)and they have no comparision in taste what so ever

jack flash if you have a great pheno can taste similar but no way near as potent in my expieriance,ive smoked many jack flashes
sensi entry's at the cup
the cut ive just grown
and many other peoples version
jack flash is a very good strain also i just prefer the martian
but i prety much love every haze out there bar any arjan hazes

i would love to get a cut of the martian mean grean
lovely potent haze