What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea Solids make plants EXPLODE in hydro!!

osirica420

They recieved a half dose of sea minerals and exploded these plants are not
even a month old and over 15 inches tall and over 20 inches wide!!

This is my first grow maybe i am just excited but ever since i put that half dose
in last week they EXPLODED!!!!!

Before

Just 7 days later!!!!

This week i will raise the amount of seawater!!!! :rasta:

Last edited:

Cronique

Can ya list the exact product name please. Also looks like you have a 400watt and thats about an appropriate amount of growth in veg for 1 week, esp in dwc, please correct me if iam wrong.

osirica420

1k watts total running atm.. will be adding more soon..

Reason i say its the seawater is cuz i got like 30 other plants and only raised the amount for certain plants before i was only using like 100ppm.. now i am
at 1000ppm sea solids alone with 500ppm of PBP, they say i can go up to
3500ppm alone of seasolids with 500ppm PBP..They ate 200-300ppm past 7
days..I topped it off and i will change the buckets next week and use
1750ppm this time of sea solids and 400ppm of PBP , teaspoon of molasses
per gallon..

i am using a mix of sea solids -

Sea Crop - Sea-Crop.com
Sea 90 - SeaAgri.com
Thalassa Mix - http://www.shopgrowgreens.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

Last edited:
G

Interesting results.
are you planning to use these salts as your only nutrients, and the molasses?
did you give it to all your plants? so you don't have one to compare with ?

Very nice plants too, like flowers, not weeds

osirica420

I am quite sure the stretch is helping along, but i'd say its safe to say the
seasolids are playing a major role being its the majority of the solution...

late in flower for flush i will use only a small amount of seasolids and molasses.. for now
i will keep adding a small amount of PBP 200-500ppm.. Too much NPK is not a good
thing from what i have read and experienced .. Since yesterday that plant grew 3
inches, it will be a month old anyday now, i wonder how large she is going to
get...They all have seasolids now in higher amounts i kept it lower for most and raised
it on a few for testing, with splendid results.. the ones i tested on were in the DWC
buckets , the ones with lowered amounts are in a coco higromite mix..

I will be turning on more buckets later this week and can do side by side, i will be
running other tests also, like a side by side with GH nutes..

Last edited:

gregor_mendel

sounds interesting

sounds interesting

I stumbled across this website last week.
http://www.greatlakesgardensupply.com/

They sell, among other things, a 3 part nutrient that is a copy of GH flora series, but it has other "biodynamic" stuff added.

adcopy:

Pure sea water – perfectly balanced natural mineral solution containing up to 92 minerals, plus thousands of enzymes and aerobic bacteria. The minerals in sea water are in liquid crystalloid state, which pass easily through plant membranes.

The Original Himalayan Crystal Salt – 250 million year old sea mineral deposit from an ancient sea – now buried in a mountain range in the Himalayas. This salt contains 84 minerals which are in balanced proportion and are complementary with pure sea water. This salt has been extensively studied for its therapeutic qualities and the findings have been described in detail in the book Water and Salt: The Essence Of Life.

Humus – from biodynamic [bd] preparation # 500 and barrel compost. The functions of humus are well understood – the biodynamic versions are very powerful and aid in stimulating biological processes and healing the soil.

Silica – from biodynamic preparation # 501. Silica helps enhance the light metabolism of plants, aiding in the resistance to fungal dis-ease and chewing insects. The bd 501 also helps to encourage the growth of mycorrhizal fungus within the soil.

Yarrow – from biodynamic preparation # 502. Yarrow is a powerful healing herb and will help to restore damaged and exploited soil by enabling a deeper connection to the cosmic environment. It acts as a biocatalyst with a stimulating effect on plants’ use of sulfur and potassium.

Chamomile – from biodynamic preparation # 503. Chamomile helps stabilize nitrogen and aids in balancing silica and potassium in the soil. As in humans, chamomile is ‘soothing’ and aids in the digestive properties of soil and compost.

Stinging Nettle – from biodynamic preparation #504. Nettles prevent nitrogen from evaporating and enhance vegetative growth of all plants, especially during dry weather. The nettles preparation brings “intelligence” to the soil or compost, enabling plants to get what they need from their surrounding environment. Nettles tea is used as a flavor enhancer for crops.

White Oak Bark – from biodynamic preparation # 505. Extremely rich in calcium – approximately 78%. This preparation aids in the prevention and healing of plant dis-ease via the watery element.

Dandelion – from biodynamic preparation #506. Dandelion regulates the relationship between silica and potassium in the plant. Dandelion preparation brings awareness to the plants environment and helps it’s dis-ease immunity.

Valerian – from biodynamic preparation # 507. Valerian assists plants in finding their right relation to phosphorus. Biodynamic valerian also brings in the catalyzing effects of warmth to the soil and plants.

Equisetum arvense -(Meadow Horsetail) – from biodynamic preparation # 508. This tea is used to prevent fungal diseases through the mechanism of promoting the mycorrhizal fungus in the soil. This helps control the watery forces to prevent fungus.

Clay mediates the cosmic influences from the soil [roots] upwards to the leaf, stem and fruit [the siliceous parts of the plant according to Steiner. Clay is the mediator between the Earthly lime [bd500] and the cosmic silica [bd501].

If you check out the page, the 3 part nute is called All American Mineral. It has micro, bloom, and grow.

The cool thing is the price. 3 gallons, shipped to your door, for $58 total.

I tried to start a thread about it in the hydro forums, but no one was interested.

gregor

osirica420

Hey i actually have that site bookmarked, I am going to try them out..
They sell Thalassa-Mix / BIO-seawater also..

They claim to have a more purer product then GH i already emailed and called them and asked the difference between theirs and GH and Botanicare. Its organic in readily available form for the plants to uptake. Not only that but they added all the sea-minerals and bacteria, sounds like a crazy combination to
grow some KILLER DANK!

Imma be ordering me some this week!!!!!

emails from greatlakes:

Our nutrient is made of mineral salts and organic preparations. It is not however based on a compost tea. Botanicare is based more on organic waste material. Our nutrients contain no organic waste material – only harvested natural products and available mineral salts.

Thanks

GLGS

I spoke to them on the phone also they said its their nutes are food grade so thats pretty clean..

:rasta:

Last edited:

osirica420

This is one week later from past photo.. I raised the ppm to 1950
1700 sea water minerals
250 PBP bloom
2 teaspoon of molassss mixed into 3 gallons

She is in full flower now...

Last edited:

osirica420

Mr Celsius said:
Sounds like good stuff.

Its not organic, if it uses minerals such as carbonates, sulfates, ect ect, it can't be considered organic from an agricultural perspective. Miracle grow uses the same minerals.

They talk botainicare down by saying it uses organic tea basically... LOL
I mean I hate PBP cause its a wannabe organic, but still.

Are you speaking of the PBP i am using?? if so i am lazy and don't feel like
making my own teas i could easily just use just molasses, sea water and
lemon and vinegar for ph down...I plan i flushing with a light solution of this,
but could use stronger solutions to grow it ....

IMO PBP got a really complete tea so i thought i'd use it this round and i am
not using anywhere near full strength...

IF you are speaking of ocean concentrate....

Its straight out of the ocean with bacteria and all unrefined?

How is it that not organic?

Its a step up from organic/better if you ask me......

Last edited:
G

"Its a step up from organic/better if you ask me...... " - WTF are you talking about.

You are watching as plant stretches. It is doing quite well. It is not miraculous, it is normal to see that for any grower who knows what they are doing including dirt hydro organic hydro aquaponics and more.

Now being excited your plants are doing well is one thing - and completely understandable - but saying it's better than what others are doing... You best get some proof a bit better than a nice plant that stretches ok before making bold claims like that.

Maybe you never grew decent plants before?

cabanetforester

hey osirica420

hey osirica420

Nice gardening there, they seem quite healthy.

Always interesting to see what people are trying and how it works for them IMO.

I use the PBP in DWC also. With 130 ppm tap water, a little LK and PBPBS seems to be all I need in veg. I do use other supplements like a touch of silica blast every once and a while toward the end of veg.

Anyway this is pretty much the average for me. Some strains have more vigor some have less.

Starting veg mix for rooted cuttings. About 5 mill/gal LK, just under 10/mil gal PBPBS plus 130 ppm tap comes out about 5-600 ppm.

Some straggly, rooted clones not in the best shape but alive.

Here they are after 2 weeks under just 200 watts of fluorescent lights, T5's @ 40 WPSF still getting 5-600 ppm total with just a little LK and PBPS.

Here is a better pic. Same day, different angle, I think it was 17 days (just under 2.5 weeks under the 200 watt t5's)

Then I doubled the light to 400 watts MH @ 80 WPSF. which I kind of regret since they grew 2x as fast still in veg.

Veg growth with the 400 was 1-2" per day which is way too fast unless you have the flower area ready and waiting IMO.
My plants grew too fast!? :nono: :bashhead: :cuss:

I know you have been testing different amounts on different plants, and it seems you have found a correlation, but is it also possible to get fast growth using lower nute concentrations? Imagine getting those results with half the food and electricity.Could it be possible?

I don't know how may WPSF you have there, I do see that you have a larger area and more plants to light, so I understand needing more watts to get similar light concentrations.

-Hell of a first grow BTW. You have a green thumb for sure man!

Something to watch for is overfert lockout! It can happen if you over feed even if your PH has been in line and the plants show no or little sign of nute burn!

You will know when this happens because your ph will start dropping after they have stopped eating for a few days.

Last edited:

osirica420

BongSong said:
"Its a step up from organic/better if you ask me...... " - WTF are you talking about.

You are watching as plant stretches. It is doing quite well. It is not miraculous, it is normal to see that for any grower who knows what they are doing including dirt hydro organic hydro aquaponics and more.

Now being excited your plants are doing well is one thing - and completely understandable - but saying it's better than what others are doing... You best get some proof a bit better than a nice plant that stretches ok before making bold claims like that.

Maybe you never grew decent plants before?

First of bro i am bringing a new idea to the table and showing the results...

Where is your BOLD new ideas, oh sorry just another follower???

No one on this forum as ever done this and showed the results.....

And yes the creator of this modern technique called it better then organic and
he even gave it a new name "Seaponics"...

And this is my FIRST ever indoor grow so that explain alot.......

Using seaponics you use different levels of nutrient salts then growing with
the standard NPK technique then you guys are used to.. Thats why the ppm
is so high .. They say i can go up to 3500ppm of seawater... I am still not
even using suggested dosages :joint:.. which is 2000ppm of seawater, i am
really not worried about nutrient lockup...

Some other SEAPONIC PLANTS...

Last edited:

cabanetforester

Looking good. You have any light's off pics without the orange glow? It's hard to see the leaf color in those.

Is the seaponic a standalone all in one product or are you suppose to always use it with the PBP?

Last edited:

osirica420

The discoverer of this technique said certain plants can live off salt-water
alone
and some are bred for higher amounts of N-P-K because of this modern day
commericial fertilizer both organic and chemical. The doctor says a long time
ago plants of all sorts used the exact ratio as whats in seawater due to the
water wash of the soil over the time it all ended up in the ocean in a perfect
ratio, all the excess of certain element are sitting in the bottom of the ocean
floor, seems the water knows what its doing, that same ratio is found in our
blood and it is found in chlorophyll...

I plan on using compost teas til i figure out what these plants like to eat and
how much... Right not i am only using 200 ppm of PBP thats with molasses
added, and mostly seawater 1700ppm..they seem to love it...

I have been doing quite a bit of research and it seems cannabis takes up alot
more elements then most plants, which leads me to believe they will thrive off
of this seawater. I am about to start making salads out of the leaves loaded
with organic elements and oils i don't get anywhere else especially seaponic
grown...

Here she is with lights off...

Here is a AutoFlower AK-47...

Last edited:
G

Osirica - I apologise. I am a cynical old fart and change should be welcome and encouraged.

My view of every new product is that someone is trying to sell it... The cynicism...

The ocean is the storehouse of all runoff from the land so it makes sense it'd have a bit of everything in it's 'solids'.

Good luck with the grow.

G

Very Interesting!

It makes sense to me that nothing organic is actually taken up. This is true. What happens is the organic micro-flora and fauna consume/convert organic matter till the ion exchange of nutritive compounds takes place. many bacteria 'know' a plant will feed carbohydrate waste and so they set up shop trading carbs for nitrate etc at the root zone.

I've been interested in sea-ponics for a long time. As in - Aquaponics with sea water.

What this indicates to me is it's going to be a lot easier than I thought. However, I'd want to be organically converting salt water fishes waste at the same time taking advantage of sea minerals.

Let's face it, the planets running out of fish and existing aquaculture is HATED by the green community for good reason it is filthy and 10 wild fish (weight of) die to feed one in culture..

The salts that supposedly kill plants are supporting them. WOW! I have even more egg on my face one of my quotes - "They used to destroy the enemies fields in biblical times by sowing salt in them and now we use salts for fertiliser".

What I want to know now is the final taste of this. If I medicate my fish with ocean salt I can taste it in the spinach almost immediately (within hours).

This technology will be excellent for re-establishing mangrove wetlands as you'd be able to cultivate the mangroves first. Even better still, mangroves sweat pure salt so could probably filter the salt from your minerals in system. This making a seaponic set-up that required no changeouts and a lot less maintenance from build ups.

In the video the guys control pots were rubbish, and 1/4 the size of the ebb and flow pots. But at least he had a go at it. That polystyrene is for packing, not planting, I've grown in it and it isn't good.

Anyways, apologies again, I was a jerk, thanks for opening my eyes to this.

osirica420

right now they are only using 200ppm of PBP and 1700 of seasalt ..

you going to tell me it still the PBP?..they would of turned yellow days ago bro please :joint:

they eat around 100ppm in 2-3 days......

Also FYI the seasalts are OMRI listed....

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
osirica420 said:
right now they are only using 200ppm of PBP and 1700 of seasalt ..

you going to tell me it still the PBP?..they would of turned yellow days ago bro please :joint:

they eat around 100ppm in 2-3 days......

Also FYI the seasalts are OMRI listed....

Please list the Minimum nutrient analysis, I'd be interested to see the NPK and micronutrients.

Last edited: