What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLEASE HELP

lobo69

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me. It's my first time growing indoors in a growtent and my seedlings are struggling.

I am growing in coco, with 600w hvi light 60cms above seedlings that are almost 4 weeks old. On week 2 and 3 I fed them with canadian expresss, coco bloom (2ml per litre) and I noticed about a week ago that all leaves were a lime ish colour and some of them were yellowing their older leaves at the bottom and some have started to get black spots on them, making them crunchy.

I checked ph and it was high 6's so thought they may have too much acid in the soil. (I did not check the ph of the run off)

I have since read that I had fed them far too much and had probably nute burnt them so I leeched them 3 days ago with plenty of water. Some seem to be starting to recover though still have a lime colour however others still have brown spots appearing on them.

Should I keep leeching them or am I being impatient and need to wait longer for them to recover. Or maybe it's something else all together?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks, lobo69

J

jaded1

Hi lobo,welcome to icmag!
I am using cxpress coco grow and bloom,that is a very high dose of nutes,i don't even use that much at the height of flowering but have hard water(.5).
Do you have an e.c meter?For plants that young i dont go above 0.8 which takes about 2/3 of a mill.

If you've leached them i would start feeding again just keep the e.c low.
Also have found their nutes are a bit short on mag, at least on everything i've run with them

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
your ph is not too acidic if anything you could bring it down a little to about 6 or just under 6. Your problem is probably nute burn, check the ec of your run off. if your seedlings are still very young, perhaps the 600 watt light is too strong as well. good luck

yea i agree with what everyone else is saying...sounds like nute burn...the only thing is if you have very hard water...flushing with it...will still have a bunch of stuff in it(copper, zinc, chlorine etc etc)....so the first thing i'd do is get a ppm/ec pen and see what your water levels are at

lobo69

great, thanks everyone. I live in a soft water area and also filtered the water so should be ok. will get an ec pen to see water levels.

1 more question, many look to be recovering but a few are still getting the black spots. does this indicate that I need to flush these ones again...oh, and when should I start feeding again after flushing?

takkada

black spots

black spots

great, thanks everyone. I live in a soft water area and also filtered the water so should be ok. will get an ec pen to see water levels.

1 more question, many look to be recovering but a few are still getting the black spots. does this indicate that I need to flush these ones again...oh, and when should I start feeding again after flushing?

are they root bound , check sounds like root rot . check ph of soil , transplant dont over water , flush once recovering a lil cal mag if your water needs it.

Latest posts

Latest posts