What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imagining a world without money

G

guest86120975

I am rarely truly inspired, but Jacque Fresco is an absolutely brilliant man. Of course, we will have to overcome some flaws in human nature for this to work. I'm willing to cooperate, are you?

bentom187

Veteran
i see your intentions are good ,but the last thing this world needs is another social engineer.

G

guest86120975

How are you going to build your satellite controlled submarine with no money?

I'm glad you asked. With no money, I can't build one. But, the resources are there to build one. There is enough food in the world that no one should go hungry, and enough HIV medication that no one in Africa should go without---THERE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH MONEY.
I knew that someone would point out that thread on my submarine idea, and it is my pleasure to tell you that you are the subject of everything I have posted today. These threads are running together to illustrate my point more clearly.

Think about this. In WWII America only had 600 fighter planes, because that's all we could afford. But, during the war we started producing 90,000 planes per year...not because we could afford them, but because we had the raw resources. There are enough resources in the world for every man, woman and child to live comfortably. In order for human kind to move forward, money as we know it must be eliminated and a new world will emerge. A very large chunk of crime and all wars are a result of artificial scarcity created by the system we have now. For this to work, humans must first be willing to begin to respect one another.. I am willing to cooperate.

Ironic, isn't it? By shedding off greed, we would actually gain more.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So you just the one little problem of human nature to overcome? Great idea but it will never happen, most people are greedy by nature.

I see what you are getting at man. Its kinda like me saying that I believe in the concept of Marxism. But unfortunately with humans involved it turned into communism.

G

guest86120975

Eeeeeyeah, see this is a 2-part transition. It's not a matter of just saying, Okay let's do it...humans will first have to adjust their attitudes toward one another and decide once and for all that we would benefit much more individually if we would just work toward a new solution. Just think about it for a second...in the blink of an eye, all this economy BS that dominates the news and politics 24/7 could be vaporized. We would be moving forward in human evolution and technological understanding at an exponential pace and not be held back by financial interests, such as big oil, and the "need" to keep people working---and the mind who created the snuggy blanket would be applied elsewhere---many jobs could be eliminated and all the energy of humans could be focused elsewhere instead of working at mindless jobs that are all based on money...lawyers, accountants, bankers, etc. etc. Think about what could be achieved if: all the energy and great minds that were put into shifting money around and making a profit, and all the minds that are held back because they were born into poverty 98% of the world cannot reach their full potential due to these various reasons.... Every war that I can think of was fought over money

Money is just a bartering lubricant, it makes trade easier because it acts as a universal value system. An hour of your work is worth x dollars and a gallon of milk is worth y dollars....you can form an equation equating the gallon of milk to your time. Take away the dollar and try to figure out how much of your time is worth a gallon of milk.

Removing money wont remove greed or evil or anything else because all that comes from the people involved in the transaction. The only thing removing money will accomplish is complicating and slowing down the exchange of goods and services.

superbolan

Great theoretically then some asshole would find a way to get rich from us not using money and the cycle starts again

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm glad you asked. With no money, I can't build one. But, the resources are there to build one. There is enough food in the world that no one should go hungry, and enough HIV medication that no one in Africa should go without---THERE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH MONEY.
I knew that someone would point out that thread on my submarine idea, and it is my pleasure to tell you that you are the subject of everything I have posted today. These threads are running together to illustrate my point more clearly.

Think about this. In WWII America only had 600 fighter planes, because that's all we could afford. But, during the war we started producing 90,000 planes per year...not because we could afford them, but because we had the raw resources. There are enough resources in the world for every man, woman and child to live comfortably. In order for human kind to move forward, money as we know it must be eliminated and a new world will emerge. A very large chunk of crime and all wars are a result of artificial scarcity created by the system we have now. For this to work, humans must first be willing to begin to respect one another.. I am willing to cooperate.

Ironic, isn't it? By shedding off greed, we would actually gain more.

This site is about marijuana, not LSD. Just breakin'em. but yes there would have to be MAJOR social change. Probably lead to civil war but I'm in. :tiphat:

G

guest86120975

Money is power, this is why before this can happen, the rest of humanity must join in the sort of enlightenment required to play the game properly. It would probably be a lot more possible if humans lived a lot longer. The other possible way this could happen is if the entire would was dosed with Psilocybin at the same time. Also, if cannabis was completely legal with few regulations could get us eventually to the same place, but it would be a much slower process because lots of people wouldn't smoke. Conclusion, the world needs to be forced into a psychedelic experience in order to move humanity forward-especially the upper class elite--and religious people, but everyone really. Just one good experience worldwide is all it will take. Many can get there without this experience, but the psychopaths of the world will need to be brought to their knees chemically.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.......

it was put forth by someone we might have been willing to follow but didn't, why then would we be compelled to follow you?

L

longearedfriend

but can we really put money on our time ?

(I do hold a job btw :))

Latest posts

Latest posts