What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOW TO , RENTAL GROWS ( without living there )

kusher.jim

Well hello everyone after using the magic "search" button and after reading every single word of the related threads i am here with a new thread about RENTAL GROWS .
The main question that i will throw to the community is mentioned from " Reign of Terror " in some of the "RENTAL" threads but not commented from anyone else.

" you have to live at that house, otherwise youll be suspcious "

Well i am not living where i grow and living where i grow is not an option .How do you manage Guys ?

My grow room is going to be a sealed room 10 by 10 feet or 3 by 3 meters and growing is TOTALY illegal.

The question is simple.

What type of property do you suggest me to rent for my grow.

• Rent an appartment in a multiapartment building (40+apps) (in the higher floors)

• Rent a warehouse

• Rent an office in an offices building.

• Rent a house in a neibrohood with factories (no neigbors exept factories)
The main problem is the the neighbors and the cover story for them .

Appartment questions from curious neighbors .
What this lonely guy doing inside this appartment alone for 2-3 hours at time somedays , why he is not sleeping in his house . Why he did not move in his furniture ? Or maybe better
Why only so few furnitures ?

Warehouse questions (warehouses usualy is at groundlevel) .
What this lonely guy doing inside this warehouse for 2-3 hours at a time 2 or 3 times a week ? Why his A/C working in the midle of the winter ?

Office in an offices building .
It is kind of funny but it is the better choice from my Perspective .if i can hide the working A/C (in a balcony) no one will search why i came and go some hours every time some days of the week .I can move in an office and bring some old computers and there you are i have a good cover story.On the other hand a small office maybe 40 sq.meters (430 sq.feet) or even 800 sqf running 3000 watt flowering + moms + clones + A/C + dehumi ++++ all the stuff that you now , wow big electrical bill for such a small place

I read somewhere for a house outside the town limit without neighbors around , come on it is no worth it to drive 50 km ( 30 miles ) * 2 twice a week or three times a week for a 2-3000kw grow

What do you guys think give me a hand here with your thoughts and ideas :tiphat:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
automate.
use a garage to park your car in.
don't whine about driving an hour to you spot.
Try to leave and return at 'normal' times.
Use good locks, but never depend on them.
Be a nice but unrecognizable neighbor.
automate.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
your WAY over thinking this......

for a 10X10, you don't need a warehouse or office space....

rent a house, don't give a shit about your neighbors, do not come and go at the same time, park in the garage, so no on EVER knows when your there or not....

automated lights to turn on in your house to make it look like someone is always there, keep your yard clean and newspapers thrown away and pick up your mail....

may even think about getting a dog for the backyard, so no one ever goes back there...

any more questions? i have rented over 30 grow houses in my time and have damn near everything down stat......

TruthOrLie

Veteran
just fly out to new york once a week to make sure some bum doesn't screw up your shit, you'll make millions

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I would find a shitty looking cheap apartment complex and rent one of them. Most of the time if they are shitty looking and run down they won't care about anything but the rent, that means no pest folks coming in every few months.

If you were running more than just a few lights I'd say rent a house, it would justify the cost.

kusher.jim

WOW !!

Thats fast response , icmag rules .

Ok i know 3000kw is not much .... but it is for me !!
We are talking about Europe , houses with closed privet
garage and backyard is hard to find and when you find them
is expensive.

And yes one more question(vote) ...

Hempy's , rdwc or UC's

kusher.jim

buy a house .... it is going to happen someday .

@ Sam the Caveman

And yes here no one visit the rended property for inspections even if it is expensive one .
no one bothers if you change locks or anything.
All the ask is pay the rent on time

kusher.jim

So the problem is not the pest folks or the inspections ,
is the questions from the neigbors .
where are you working ,
are you maried ,
i notice that you are never sleeping here ?
what do you need this house for ??

Believe it or nor all this is questions is from neigbors in previous
rental grows how do you encounter this ?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Just make sure not to wear your veil in France.
You get a fine now, not just weird looks.

Asking a bunch of Americans what they think is of little interest to you, besides intellectual.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lots of things to worry about with renting, even though its possible. most of it involves putting on your Oscars best and being a damn good actor. fool your landlord into thinking your the most clean cut guy possible and dont give him anything to worry about.

act the same way with neighbors. during casual conversation mention you work late nights, etc so you are rarely home. you can also mention you have a girlfriend and spend most nights at her house.

there are tons of random things you just got to be creative and confidant.....

ijim

Why dont you just ask the law. Or maybe you just got an message from a stranger wanting to help.

blaze02

your WAY over thinking this......

for a 10X10, you don't need a warehouse or office space....

rent a house, don't give a shit about your neighbors, do not come and go at the same time, park in the garage, so no on EVER knows when your there or not....

automated lights to turn on in your house to make it look like someone is always there, keep your yard clean and newspapers thrown away and pick up your mail....

may even think about getting a dog for the backyard, so no one ever goes back there...

any more questions? i have rented over 30 grow houses in my time and have damn near everything down stat......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts