What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I go Organic with Ebb N Gro system?

freakedout

Can I go the Organic route in the Ebb n Gro system using hydrotron?

whats the best way to do this? nutes, and other additives?

i know of many growers on this site and others who use Botanicares PBP , some will say its not organic as its not OMRI listed, its good stuff especially in this unit, although using liquid Karma is thick, between runs will require a good hot water and peroxide cleaning. i couldnt imagine any thick nutrients would pose a problem here, good luck

Anything too biologically active could cause you troubles. Pure Blend Pro is nice and stable for sure- and yes, read the label of ingredients and you will see why it will never get any sort of organic label. It simply isn't- but its close enough. Part of the reason it works so well and is so stable is cause it is organic plus a synth punch. Your going to have to use CalMag or some such product as well with Pure Blend Pro.

Most other organic liquids are going to go all crazy, ph shift, come to life and get smelly/foamy. Your system as stated will not support mircolife much, so expect it to go wild. Even with mircolife in the nutrient solution it is going to go wild on you.

I have heard of Hydro Hotels and other bio filter/life designs doing well on keeping it fairly stable, but are you willing to take the risks of failure?

Pure Blend Pro (plus additives, mircolife teas, and some sort of kelp products) are the way to go for you.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You Guys Are Kidding Right?

You Guys Are Kidding Right?

Yes you can or at least I have been doing it for over 5 years now with a few thousand pictures and a few thousand posts. See the What About Bob sticky above and you will see the light.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13810 :laughing:

Mr.Wags

and BTW the only thing not organic with the Bio Line is the Cal-Mag

I deffer completely to Mr.Wags, he's got the proof to show it. I wouls still say there is careful selection of which nutrient to use.

Which Bio line are you referring to?
I also wonder how some of the super composted products would turn out. Like Pura Vida (not so great in recirc as far as I know) or the new GH "General Organic" line. Very clever to call it General Organic, as it actually isn't OMRI either. Doesn't mean its not organic though.

freakedout

Mr Wags,

So I'll be good to go using the expanded clay hydrotron?

what are the complete list of nutes and feeding schedule??? I kinda scanned your thread, but some of the info i needed was scattered.

how do i deal with the baddies in the rez? how often do you dump your rez? will i need a chiller?

regards

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, I use coco and Technaflora Pura Vida organics (in half my room) but it works pretty well, check out this Mandala #1 clone in a 2-gallon Smartpot, that only got 7 days of veg, next to a 5-gallon bucket:

Couple more:

Some organic Jack Herer buds...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Oh one more thing, due to the prevalence of root slime/algae in bucket systems, I strongly recommend you buy a bottle of Physan20 for use in treating this before you buy 1 bucket. At least to use to clean the system between rounds, it kills everything, is cheap, and only takes 1ml per gallon.

Latest posts

Latest posts