What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me decide on nkutes

Zealious

Hey guys. Been running DWC for a while now using fox farm grow and bloom with high p bat guano here and there for the p. Also like GH vegan compost tea. And I make a compost tea with the gh tea, ff big bloom, worm castings, worm casing liquid, bitone plant starter (bone meal, blood, feather, alfa seaweed, humates, and most importantly high cu of trichoderma and mica. then I use localy obtained compost and some fox farm happy frog soil mix for good measure.. I keep this brewing 24 y and add molasis here and there when I feel the microbes need more food. usualy every 4 days or so.

Its been working great. I havent done a full crop yet but im almost there, Ive gone through 2 veg cycles with it so far and its wonderfull. I get fairly white roots and my main focus is to keep the microbes in order.

IF it aint broke dont fix it right?

Well my only concern is that the fox farm grow big is not 100percent organic and its really starting to nag me. I want ot try something thats 100percen organic so i have been looking at someother nutrients and i need help deciding.

It has to be fair priced under 20 usd a quart.
My favorites right now in order preference is

Botanicare original Pure blend grow and bloom
Roots organics Buddah grow and bloom
earth juice, grow and bloom
lastly just mixing up my own bat guanos and earth castings as needed and brewing them into teas then using as my nutrient.

Of these choices what would u guys recomend?

I like the pure blend but for some reason they say its recomended along side of a regular nutrient program... what if i use it in high concentraitons? also I feel that this formula lacks P

roots organics looks pretty good but might get costly. they have lots of additives.. No matter what i gowith some orgenismxl is def going to be ordered. posily the ancient amber as well.

anway let me know

i cant decide.

Zealious

wow disregard my terrible grammar.. its late.
How do you guys feel about using non organics every now and then... I mean in the grow cycle it will be far gone by the time you get through bloom right i wonder if i might stick with the fox farm and maybe add the tiger bloom

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Floranova bloom in DWC rocks! Its part Organic, just flush it if your worried. Simple, easy, effective!

Your doing all this microlife stuff, which is great! SO did you know that synthetic fertilizers (especially the EDTA from all the micro metals) pretty fucks most of them. Your OrgenismXL is made to handle it.

Pure Blend is not 100% organic- but will certainly work excellently. And it's recirculation friendly for the most part. Very very stable stuff. A classic mostly orgasnic food.

Earth Juice is thick as shit, so is Roots. Both will "come to life" and not be stable at all in your system. They will both gunk you up. EJ Bloom is litterally almost half solids.

DWC is very difficult to do organically. Big Toke's Bio-Bucket 101 should be your next stop in the Hydro Forum. He's got it down how to modify a DWC system into something totally different called the Bio Bucket. That is organics at its finest, but it is fundementally different then what your doing now; and probably the only way to go organic in anything even remotely like a DWC. Read up, your want to do it. . no ph checks, no res chages, no adding water, and it run best on tap water. No joke; the system and the life do it all for you. Insane yeild, 100% organic quality.

As for mixing, sure. Get bad. Just be sure you keep it straight in your head as you make decisions of what and when.

You'll really want to do it.

Latest posts

Latest posts