What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lights off for better pot...

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO when using buckets and going somewhat organic you need to understand why. When light's go out all the energy (sugars,starch's ) are sent down to the roots to do the work of feeding this bad ass plant.

Now during the final weeks of her life if you have treated her right you have changed her water several times until all that she is eating is plain water. This is where a Tri-Meter gets ya killer clean bud,ever time you change the rez what was left in her roots is taken out lets say for example you ended with a ppm 1300-1500 or so and it's time to flush dump in 200 ppm tap water run it a day or 2 you got 500-600 ppm the foods still in her change again this time you get 200-300 ppm on more and she got water in her and thats it.

To prove this to you guys cut a lower bud and throw it in the microwave and watch the sparks created by the metals in the veins of the plant. Now do what I said above and you will have no sparks meaning no minerals just the little bit in the water itself at 200 ppm.

The 48 hour thing is truly beneficial if you also drop the temps in the room to my high 68 69 for a night to trick the genes into thinking the end is near and as already stated resin up to help protect itself.

I myself go 24 hours with no food 68 degrees and cut them down like a thief in the night so that what little starch's and sugars are left are in the roots.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
for those of you that want to harvest in the dark, get yourself a greenlight in your grow room/cab.

potency comes from knowing your plants, from start to finish. at this point i can say i know SSH back and forth.

got some plants from a friend who was in a clutch and wasn't treating them right at all. ive never had one bug in any of my grows, so i wont claim the gnats and spidermites that came along with his, i got rid of them though, but overall his plants are are shit!

its funny how you can give someone some of your clones and then get them back in the most crappiest condition, this can turn into a rant real easy so ill stop here

i'll be getting another grow up soon of some seeds i got from a good source, once i disinfect and clean up

keep it green peeps, u'll see me back around soon

ripman

Ok so it looks like managing the photoperiod just before harvest has no or very limited effects. There may be some theoretical rationales that recommend to keep lights off longer and harvest in the dark but no strong evidence.

What about instead keeping lights off longer when entering into flowering? I ask because my last run a couple of plants just didn't want to flower... also, what about nutes? Is it better to start the flowering phase with 48-72 hours of no nutes, to starve the plant, or is it preferrable to go with bloom nutes from the start?

MMAJAY

Only thing i recommend is a flush. If you take care of your plants all threw there life, veg and flower and you have great genetics i would not mess with magical quick potency or yield fixes. I see no advantage. A good cure will give you the best results. Forget the hype.:2cents:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yes of course....U must flush.......I like to move 'em over into another dark room for 3 -5 dayz......workz g8t for the budz......and the flush.....++++I get a 5-7 day jumpstart......on resett'in the flower room alloveragain.................:2cents:.......every day countz......and adz up in the end of overall crop numberz....................................:joint:

so yeah show them biatches far far away into the darkest reaches of neatherland........................

Latest posts

Latest posts