Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Cannapot for Cannabis Genetics
12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2007, 03:12 AM #31
dope_roor
Cannabis Oleoresin Connoisseur

dope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the roughdope_roor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis123
No Prob's Hal.

Here it is..

P.S
Just to add, if you see a bit of bud missing from the right hand side of the plant approx half way up....that's where I just couldn't help myself and had to have a little sample.
I know it shouldn't be done, but when you ain't got a smoke....temptation often sets in.

thats a great cola u got there. any idea on the weight? what kind of light are you using? seeing one huge fat nug like that makes me wanna do a SOG grow

Last edited by dope_roor; 03-03-2007 at 03:14 AM..
dope_roor is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM #32
Lofty

Lofty will become famous soon enough
wen i get back i'll highjack this thread for 1 post only to let all the 12/12 growing crue know how it was. the only down side to going is i'm guna hav to let my mate look after my first 12/12 grow while i'm away
Ladies and gentlemen, please remove all lose change and keep your hands in the carrage at all times. But once the ride has started theres no getting off, There maybe times when you feel scared and sick please do not panic this will pass, and may i welcome you to the longest scariest roller coaster ride we call LIFE!
Lofty is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 12:35 PM #33
highonthechroni
C

highonthechroni will become famous soon enough
QUESTION:

Soon I'll be looking for some mom plants to keep. I want to be able to sex the plants ASAP from seed. Should I 12/12 the plants, sex them and then revert to 18/6; or would it be better to veg from seed at 18/6 and then 12/12 at 3/4 weeks to sex?

Is there any risk in using 12/12 to sex and then reverting to a vegetative light cycle?

Last edited by highonthechroni; 03-03-2007 at 07:07 PM..
highonthechroni is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 12:40 PM #34
Lofty

Lofty will become famous soon enough
Hal seeing that we're trying to compile a list of strains to determine the best types for specific spaces, well wen i go to the 420 i'm guna get beans.

i've not made any plans on wat yet, i wud like to suggest we put it to the vote for the 12/12 thread to determine wat i get (prob 3-4 strains).

if this is ok we cud make it a pole and wich ever to 3 strains u all vote on to try i'll get and then report on them wen i've done.

if this is going to happen i'll post the measurements of my growing area and liting plans, this will giv the voters a mor informed opinion of wat to suggest.

i'll try any strains

wat do u think?
Ladies and gentlemen, please remove all lose change and keep your hands in the carrage at all times. But once the ride has started theres no getting off, There maybe times when you feel scared and sick please do not panic this will pass, and may i welcome you to the longest scariest roller coaster ride we call LIFE!
Lofty is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 04:53 PM #35
atmosphere

atmosphere will become famous soon enough
Cannabis in nature close to the equator also starts with about 12 ours of light ,12 ours of darkness. In that area you won't ever have more than about 14 ours of light a day.
This is were we find the large Sativa strains who do thier thing without vegative time,without potency being affected.

There are a lot of factors who have influence on how tall your plants will grow . a certain strain won't garantee you a specific hight , the strain provides just an indication of the plant hight you can expect . There is a lot that can be done to keep plants short without cutting or bending them ,for example by using the 12 /12 method

Last edited by atmosphere; 03-03-2007 at 04:55 PM..
atmosphere is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:12 PM #36
Haggis123

Haggis123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope_roor
thats a great cola u got there. any idea on the weight? what kind of light are you using? seeing one huge fat nug like that makes me wanna do a SOG grow
Thanks for the comp's, dude.

No idea on the weight at the mo', will have to wait on the chop....in approx 18 days....if all is well.
Lighting.....I use a 400w HPS.
Haggis123 is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 05:14 PM #37
Haggis123

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere
Cannabis in nature close to the equator also starts with about 12 ours of light ,12 ours of darkness. In that area you won't ever have more than about 14 ours of light a day.
This is were we find the large Sativa strains who do thier thing without vegative time,without potency being affected.

There are a lot of factors who have influence on how tall your plants will grow . a certain strain won't garantee you a specific hight , the strain provides just an indication of the plant hight you can expect . There is a lot that can be done to keep plants short without cutting or bending them ,for example by using the 12 /12 method

Atmosphere, that is one "mother" of a kola....in that first pic....top bloke.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:18 PM #38
Elephant Man

Elephant Man will become famous soon enoughElephant Man will become famous soon enough
Okay, I lurked long enough...this thread and 'the organic fanatic' thread have caused me to finally register. I plan on testing every strain I have using this method, and I have several dozen. I lean towards sativas but I grow everything that finds it's way here. I still haven't upgraded my cam but I have some K2 x White willow born in flower, and a few sats that were vegged for 2 weeks. I plan on hunting down the infamous Manal (Vietnamese) and attempting to tame this beast indoor using the 12/12 method, but for now I have some SE sativa hybrids that I expect will do very well.

Incidentally, my flower room is actually 11 hours on and 13 off.

Nice work Hal bringing this method to light, and thank you Atmosphere1 for coming over, I hope to see more of your work here.
Elephant Man is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 PM #39
Haggis123

Welcome to the gang Elephant Man.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 PM #40
Berry_Coughin'

Berry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by highonthechroni
QUESTION:

Soon I'll be looking for some mom plants to keep. I want to be able to sex the plants ASAP from seed. Should I 12/12 the plants, sex them and then revert to 18/6; or would it be better to veg from seed at 18/6 and then 12/12 at 3/4 weeks to sex?

Is there any risk in using 12/12 to sex and then reverting to a vegetative light cycle?

Ya, I just posted on this earlier in this thread.... I do it to get some seeds really quick then kill the males, and revert the girls right after they show they've been pollinated..... peace....
Berry_Coughin' is offline Quote