Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM #11
Haggis123

Haggis123 is on a distinguished road
No Prob's Hal.

Here it is..

P.S
Just to add, if you see a bit of bud missing from the right hand side of the plant approx half way up....that's where I just couldn't help myself and had to have a little sample.
I know it shouldn't be done, but when you ain't got a smoke....temptation often sets in.

Last edited by Haggis123; 03-01-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Haggis123 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM #12
Hal

tempted...especially from a sexy girl like in your picture!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:20 PM #13
SeriousNerd

SeriousNerd is on a distinguished road
This sounds like an interesting method! As a micro grower, I'll probably give this a try soon. How does 12/12 from seed affect the flowering time? I'm looking forward to seeing some grow reports, I'd especially like to know how large different strains get so I know what to put in my cabinet
SeriousNerd is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 PM #14
Hal

Hey Serious...

This is a microgrowers dream method. For evidence, observe Haggis' picture of his AK48 plant....about 14" from top to bottom.

The flowering time is unaffected by the light schedule. Every plant has a slightly different gene mix, even within the same strain, so there will be slight variability in flowering times, but that is also true for those who employ a vegetation phase.

Thats one of the things we are hoping to get going with this thread, a "strain report" that will document grows and how they respond to this lighting regimen. I can tell you from experience that Nirvana's Northern Lights stays short and pole shaped when grown this way, and Haggis has his AK48 that seems to show the same.

If you want to read up on this method further, there is another thread that has recently been abandoned, but continued here in a more useful set-up. Here is a link:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46785

Don't post anything in it though, we're trying to move everything over here.

Welcome to you...and come back and visit often.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM #15
SeriousNerd

SeriousNerd is on a distinguished road
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome!

That AK48 looks really good, but I think I could fit something a little taller into my cabinet - maybe I'll give it a try with some sativa leaning strain! Anyways, I'll be watching
SeriousNerd is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 AM #16
Hal

I'd stay away from the sativa leaning strains if I was you, at least until we get some data on them. I am currently growing Nirvana's Bubblelicious, which is supposed to be like a 50/50 indica/sativa mix, and 2 of the 5 I'm growing are topping out at about 37", the others are around 30".

What kind of space do you have to work with?

I gotta go somewhere now, I'll get back to this later tonight.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:30 AM #17
munkie

munkie is on a distinguished road
Hey Hal, glad to see you got a fresh thread going. I'll update your little questionnaire when I have more time. For now I just have pics of my ladies. They are 7 weeks into 12/12, they were under a 125 watt envirolite for the first 2 weeks (still under 12/12) and then I upgraded to a 250 watt with a coolshade.

I have 6 plants going, 4 bagseeds which I got incredibly lucky with (the 4 on the outside of the picture) 1 white rhino (green house seed co.) on the bottom in the middle and a 'the church' also from ghsc top middle.

Side shot

bagseed plant

White rhino

Oh, lots of LST going on if you couldnt tell.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:39 AM #18
Berry_Coughin'

Berry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the rough
I have some pics of Nirvana AK-48, and ICE, currently vegging... were sprouted under 12/12 found my males and ripped em.... but to no avail my girls were already infected...but aaah... now I have some new lineage..... ICE-48 ha.... meanwhile... what I am finding is that the plants have fully developed seeds in calyx' that must have been hit with pollen. Yet they have reverted to a veg state and sustained new growth for a few weeks.... the seeds are now hard and brown/tiger-striped... and the calyx' is turning yellow (dying off I assume) but the rest of the plant is thriving....

Just a future reference if you have some beans and want some more immediately... I know I've screwed up many a seed and lost strains... so this is, shall we say.. my backup...

Last edited by Berry_Coughin'; 03-02-2007 at 02:16 AM..
Berry_Coughin' is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 AM #19
JackKerouac

I don't know if you caugh my post in your other thread, but an alternate strainguide for this method would be neat.

It would go something like:

growing medium type: # days until showing sex: # days at finish

This would give a more intimate view of the strains we are dealing with.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:43 AM #20
Hal

Hey Jack...

Good to see ya dude, thanks for stopping by. I think I covered that in one of the very first posts, it took me a while to type it up, you probably posted while I was still putting it together. See post #2 on the first page of this thread...that makes the suggestion for doing these strain reports, and #4 shows a sample of one of these typed up, and that is followed by a form that can be copied and then pasted in the growers own strain report post.

Last edited by Hal; 03-02-2007 at 04:30 PM..